Is it worth upgrading?

We are checking pricing for our Nov. sailing on the Imagination.

It looks like we can get a free upgrade now from Riviera deck (outside cabin)to Empress deck (outside cabin) but we wondered if the bottom Riviera deck may be quieter as the Empress deck seems to be directly below the galley and dining rooms. We also need connecting rooms and I haven't checked whether they are available on Empress.

I would rather hold out for a OBC but don't know if this could be a good deal I should jump on. We paid $229 each for 2 outside cabins for the 4 day cruise.

Anyone have an opinion??

Well, since you asked for an opinion, I'll give you mine. I wouldn't move from a cabin that was beneath another cabin to a cabin that was beneath any public space. You always run the risk of sound problems. That's just my opinion. I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

JMHO, but for me I'd rather be higher up. so, I'd take the chance of some noise from the galley or dining room.

I'd think different if it was below a disco or other similar venue. Noise is one thing, vibration another.

If you're asking what I think you should do, it would be to stay put unless you're sure that some noises at 6AM from the galley wouldn't bother you.

Charlie

We are just the opposite, we prefer to be down lower. We have also stayed above and below the galley and have never heard any excessive noise. Also personally I would rather have an OBC than an upgrade any day. Basically, to me, an upgrade is just the same room in a different place.
I do have to agree that an OBC would be the best answer. It sounded like OP wasn't sure if an OBC was going to be offered.

Charlie

I've been on Riveria, Main and Empress on Fantasy-class ships and will be on Upper on Fascination in December.

Luckily, we were underneath the shops area on Elation on Empress. I was worried about noise going in and out of the theatre, but there were no problems.

I prefer lower, midship because of past motion-sickness issues.

And I also prefer to be as far away from the buffet as possible. I actually take the stairs and usually manage to gain no weight. The last thing I need is to have a cabin close to the buffet!

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/imagination.php

This site will tell where the connecting cabins are located. Go to "cabin details by deck" and click on the deck of interest. It will then list every cabin on that deck give all the details (bed configuration, window or not, balcony if applicable, and if it connects.

Archived