SZ Suite

cruisefan42

I think you will typically see SZ Guarantees offered. We just did this and got an SY for this Saturday's cruise. While there are two SZ cabins, that category is used mainly as a holding pool for suite guarantees.

Gary

The price is a result of:

- Distance to mid-ship

- Marketing gimmick - the lowest suite prices that applies to fewest number of cabins

- Used as the lowest “guaranteed” suite of which they sell way more than 2

Chances are they won’t let you select an SZ without it being a guarantee. Although when wanted an SZ along with the 3 VB cabins next to it for the rest of the family they let me book it.

There is nothing wrong with these cabins. In fact I liked the extra space that they offer and the larger veranda because of the odd shape.

Aunty Pat

I think you will typically see SZ Guarantees offered. We just did this and got an SY for this Saturday's cruise. While there are two SZ cabins, that category is used mainly as a holding pool for suite guarantees.

Gary

Gary,

I hope you'll come back and tell us about the SY. We have one booked in the spring.

Thanks,

Hanna

Gary,

I hope you'll come back and tell us about the SY. We have one booked in the spring.

Thanks,

Hanna

I am not Gary, but FYI: DH and I had an SY suite on the Oosterdam and loved it. The room is spacious and the double sinks in the bathroom were a real plus. The balcony has 2 chairs w/ ottoman and a table large enough to eat a meal. SYs are not as large as SA, SB or SC and do not get you into the Neptune Lounge, but that was not a concern for us.

Enjoy your cruise!

I've done two searches and looked all over & can't find an answer to my question.

Do these cabins (SS, SY, SZ) get any perks at all? I realize all you get is basically just get a little more cabin floor space, but I thought maybe there might be a priorty embarkation line or something like that. ??

Thanks for the help & sorry if this has been asked a million times. (I did search!)

Do these cabins (SS, SY, SZ) get any perks at all? I realize all you get is basically just get a little more cabin floor space, but I thought maybe there might be a priorty embarkation line or something like that. ??

This is based on what I have read on this board---

The only perks associated with the SS, (etc) cabins are a telephone concierge and personalized stationery. I don't recall reading of any others.

There are no special embarkation lines, priority tendering, or Neptune Lounge privileges.

I've done two searches and looked all over & can't find an answer to my question.

Thanks for the help & sorry if this has been asked a million times. (I did search!)

I hope this helps:

Superior Suite

Exclusively available on Vista Class ships, Superior Suites offer 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathroom with dual sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath, shower and additional shower stall, large sitting area, dressing room, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 1 person, floor-to-ceiling window/sliding glass door leading to your personal verandah.

Category: SS, SY, SZ 389 sq. ft. with verandah

Superior Suites include all the Verandah amenities, plus:

• Personalized cruise stationery
  • Elegant bathrobe for use on your cruise
  • Fresh flowers and fruit assortment
  • Oversized bath towels
  • A selection of pillows (firm, medium and soft) are presented on each bed for the
    guests' enjoyment.
  • Luxurious beds featuring Sealy? Premium Euro-Top mattresses and finely woven
    cotton linens
  • A no-host mini-bar for easy entertaining in your suite
  • DVD or VCR player and the use of an extensive DVD or VHS tape library
  • 24-HOUR TELEPHONE CONCIERGE - Service available via special dedicated "At Your Service" telephone line.

Archived