SD II - 3/6/2009 - We're Booked As Well

MarDav

I know the sadness you all are enduring.

Safe travels home to ALL of you. Thanks for bringing all of us along with your daily posts. We sure have appreciated it.

Be sure to have a mimosa tomorrow morning before you bid the crew & fellow passengers adieu. Cheers!

Tissue, anyone? :)

This is DisneyJen posting from DJ's Dh's account while sitting in SJU.

Capt. T had a box of tissues waiting at the gangway for me this morning. Seriously!

This is DisneyJen posting from DJ's Dh's account while sitting in SJU.

Capt. T had a box of tissues waiting at the gangway for me this morning. Seriously!

Awww, DJ. I know how sad you feel. It's really hard, isn't it? Extra hard for you today because of how special this trip was for you & DJ'sDH.

Looking forward to your detailed report. Can't wait to hear more.

I hope *everyone* has/had a safe flight home and that the harsh landing back into the post-SD world is not too bad.

Want to know what my favorite part of arriving home after a SD cruise is? Unzipping my suitcase and smelling the Bvlgari lotion I slather all over myself while onboard. Mmmm, what a dreamy smell.

Well reality has hit us hard for sure as we are still here in SJU as our plane was delayed out of CLT. Ft and zqvol as welll as the jbcjtc'ers are all long gone while we are looking at a 4 hour delay.

There has to be a better way to get home after a glorious trip on SD! Wish they sailed out of some US ports say like Charleston or Miami even. At least then we could drive home.

God only knows where our luggage is at this point.

We probably won't be home until midnight so don't look for any early ppstings from me!

Well reality has hit is hard for sure as we are still here in SJU as our plane was delayed out of CLT. Ft and zqvol as welll as the jbcjtc'ers are all long gone while we are looking at a 4 hour delay.

There has to be a better way to get home after a glorious trip on SD! Wish they sailed out of some US ports say like Charleston or Miami even. At least then we could drive home.

God only knows where our luggage is at this point.

We probably won't be home until midnight so don't look for any early ppstings from me!

DJ,

Sorry to hear about your flight delay. Good luck getting home as uneventfully as possible. You might take a look at Voyage 2916 (SJU to Miami)......

FT and I are sitting in ATL, but our delay is only an hour so we should be home by 10:00.

I will get started on pics and post tomorrow.

from FT, I just took over ZQ Vol's laptop -CTBJR, guess who actually put down a deposit on a crossing on SD II? She who talked a good game last fall but never committed finally used the credit card last night to book a crossing.

final dinner included chateaubriand and chocolate souffle with warm chocolate syrup. As we were in a US port this monring - Christoph apologized for the lack of poached eggs . . . Peter departed today for two weeks vacation before returning to SD as a new hotel manager (a certain unamed passenger kept trying to take him home). Captain T confirmed that no one had ever attempted to stow away in the golf simulator . . . but it was tempting today.

more to follow tomorrow

FT & ZQ Vol

It was no fun waking up this morning and seeing the dreary cloudy skies. Where was Christophe when I needed him to tell me that I needed a double order of French toast to go with my eggs. There was also no tea waiting in the kitchen. Reality stinks!

Review is coming but I have to catch up with real work first.

It was no fun waking up this morning and seeing the dreary cloudy skies. Where was Christophe when I needed him to tell me that I needed a double order of French toast to go with my eggs. There was also no tea waiting in the kitchen. Reality stinks!

Review is coming but I have to catch up with real work first.

Welcome home, zqvol! Glad you arrived safely. :)

I would like to thank all the CCer's for making this one of our best cruises. The Ship, oops sorry, yacht, the passengers, the crew and the voyage were all fantastic. I have never seen so many tears as there were at the "proposal" and at the Vows renewal. I am sure I heard the SDII pumps start up. Once again thanks to everyone and hoping to meet you all again sometime in the future.

Greetings all ...

We finally made it home THIS morning ... we walked through the door at 12:30 a.m. after a four-hour delay in SJU followed by a longer than usual flight because of the shuttle launch (we had to fly 200 miles longer to stay out of the down range safety area). The view of the contrails of the shuttle from 36,000 feet were amazing. We also saw one of the prettiest sunsets that we have seen from an airplane in a long time.

I agree that it was a rude awakening this morning (especially since DJ's DH and I had about 5 hours of sleep). No one to make the bed, make breakfast or clean up. I did however receive my mid-morning report on SD2's location:D She's off Honeymoon Beach today.

I agree Ray that this was a great group of passengers ... we enjoyed seeing some familiar CC'ers as well as meeting a whole crop of CC lurkers (waving to the Sistahs and the Professah!).

Too funny about even the pumps starting during the "proposal" and renewal:p

I promise a full report once I dig out from the mail and laundry which should be in a day or two.

• 2 weeks later...

My review is long and full of pictures so instead of posting it here I put it on my web site. Here is the link

SDII Review

Comments are welcome. Many thanks to DJ for taking such wonderful notes. I have been so busy writing that without her this review would be at least another six weeks in the making.

A special note to the gang that was with us, let me know if you want any of the pictures, or go get them from flickr.

It's time to do it again!!!!!!!!:)

Archived