SD II - 3/6/2009 - We're Booked As Well

MarDav

Greetings to DisneyJen, DisneyJen's DH, Mr. and Mrs. JBCJTC, and everyone else from Marilynn and Dave. We were on SD I the week of 3/16/08 and had an incredible time.......until we had to return to 15 inches of new snow here in Chicago. Interestingly enough, yesterday's temperature here was 98 degrees. From the moment we departed SD I, we knew we would book another trip as soon as we could. We are looking forward to seeing familar faces as well as meeting new people. Keep 2 seats open at the Office for us! Best wishes to everyone that will be celebrating wedding anniversaries while on board.

Greetings to DisneyJen, DisneyJen's DH, Mr. and Mrs. JBCJTC, and everyone else from Marilynn and Dave. We were on SD I the week of 3/16/08 and had an incredible time.......until we had to return to 15 inches of new snow here in Chicago. Interestingly enough, yesterday's temperature here was 98 degrees. From the moment we departed SD I, we knew we would book another trip as soon as we could. We are looking forward to seeing familar faces as well as meeting new people. Keep 2 seats open at the Office for us! Best wishes to everyone that will be celebrating wedding anniversaries while on board.

WOO HOO Marilynn and Dave!! So glad that you will be joining us ... add two more to the list FT:D

I am waiting for Mr and Mrs. MDR-Dan to return from Europe to see if they will be joining us as well.

Looks like a mini reunion of our March 08 sailing:D

Chef Taylor ... any chance you and C will join us?

The pressure to join us sure is on now Jim and Lois and Mr and Mrs Ctbjr:p

Yes, that was the one unfortunate incident of our first SD trip. Hopefully, we will have calmer seas this time. I will also take measures to prevent sea-sickness if at all possible. We can hardly wait for this trip as well. We both have been working too many hours lately with no relief in sight through the end of the year. It will be so nice to get away for 10 days.

Our wild ride through the Caribbean last year really was a freak of nature:D Sure did make for some exciting time in the Office as well as stories when we got back home:p

We too are looking forward to down time on the wonderful SD2!

I agree that the trip can't get her fast enough!

Glad that you are joining us!

Glad that you are joining us!

Marilyn and Dave,

Meet zqvol who is married to Frequent Traveler (FT). They live about 15 minutes from us ... and FT and my DH work for the same global organization but not in the same business unit/area.

Only 183 days to go!!!

Has everyone made airline reservations yet? When we first considered booking SD II for 3/09, the cheapest R/T fare from O'Hare to San Juan was nearly $1,000 each. Luckily, we were recently able to locate flights for just under $500 each with ideal departure times. We didn't hesitate to book these as prices will probably go up again in the future. Hopefully, everyone can find flights at a reasonable price.

We don't have air yet ... I am playing with Frequent Flier miles for a possible other trip.

Last year I had great success using FFs for one ticket, paid cash for the other and I didn't book until December... mind you I flew in First and DH in coach but he was upgraded both ways:D

Air is expensive from our little airport but not too bad from Charlotte or Raleigh.

DH is willing to take a gamble on holding on air... or until I wear him down and he caves in which will probably be December-ish:eek:

We will arrive the day before and stay at the Caribe Hilton again. This is already booked with HiltonHonors points:p

Hmmmmmmm.......

Let's just say that FT suggested a flight option that I had not thought of with regard to another possible trip ...

Waiting for DH to come home from a dinner meeting to investigate:p

So if I make the crossing that means Mr and Mrs Ctbjr need to join us on this cruise!!;):p:D

Has everyone made airline reservations yet? When we first considered booking SD II for 3/09, the cheapest R/T fare from O'Hare to San Juan was nearly $1,000 each. Luckily, we were recently able to locate flights for just under $500 each with ideal departure times. We didn't hesitate to book these as prices will probably go up again in the future. Hopefully, everyone can find flights at a reasonable price.

We are booked using FF miles.

FT had decided months ago that we were making this voyage and I booked on the first day possible to make sure we got seats.

Nice to meet you ZQVOL!

Looking forward to meeting you on board as well - 6 months from now - not soon enough!

Nice to meet you too. Our DS and I got back from one of the mass market lines only a month ago and I am already ready to go again. Is it really 183 days? That is too long!

Let's just say that FT suggested a flight option that I had not thought of with regard to another possible trip ...

Waiting for DH to come home from a dinner meeting to investigate:p

So if I make the crossing that means Mr and Mrs Ctbjr need to join us on this cruise!!;):p:D

I second that motion and we need Jim and Lois along too!

Good old FT. I knew we could count on her. Please do keep us posted. In regard to the March cruise, we're still firmly committed to the last January cruise on SD1 next year and I don't see that changing so please don't link the crossing to our joining you in March.

Hi myself and my wife, Ray and Sandy will be joining you on this cruise also. We are from Bermuda and will be staying at the Sheraton the nighr before the cruise. this will be our maiden voyage on Seadream. looking forward to meeting you all and having a couple of aperitifs in the TOY.

Hi myself and my wife, Ray and Sandy will be joining you on this cruise also. We are from Bermuda and will be staying at the Sheraton the nighr before the cruise. this will be our maiden voyage on Seadream. looking forward to meeting you all and having a couple of aperitifs in the TOY.

Welcome aboard Ray and Sandy! So glad to have you join us:D

Only 182 days until we gather at the TOY Bar:D

Good old FT. I knew we could count on her. Please do keep us posted. In regard to the March cruise, we're still firmly committed to the last January cruise on SD1 next year and I don't see that changing so please don't link the crossing to our joining you in March.

Would I do that:p

Will keep you posted.

FT and I will also be at the Shearton, however arrival is about midnight. Friday morning is a shopping day (have to go to the Polo outlet), and then off to the ship. Well maybe I'll take in a fort while FT sleeps in!

Our Surname is Burburry perhaps you could give us a call on the Friday Morning. We arrive at SJU at 2:00pm thursay so we have the afternoon and morning for shopping and sightseeing in Old San Juan. It has been 10 years since we have been there. Before that we are visiting some relatives in Florida for a few days.

sheez - I'm the one who is usually up at 6:00 a.m while someone else sleeps in.

Glad to hear we're going to have a number of new and old friends on the cruise. Disney Jen, sounds like the reception is going to be quite a party!

FT

We are looking forward to the reception for sure FT! Leaving all the details for that part of the day in your capable hands (do you know how hard that is for this control freak:p).

I've talked with Capt. T about renewing our vows at sunset when we are in St. John and we are good to go.

DH said the cowboy should be on island ... or maybe that is just his excuse for our group to visit some of the cowboy's haunts on STJ like the Quiet Mon, Rhumb Lines and a beach or two I know about:D

For DJ/FT or anyone else on this voyage:

It is probably a bit too early but has anyone asked as to how many (if any) kiddies are booked? Is Mr. B and his entourage aboard for this one?

J & L.

Haven't asked about kiddies or Mr. B. I suspect, since Easter April 12 we won't have spring break families.

I am sure FT will weigh in:D

Archived