Question Re: Barcelona Amusement Park

This is kind of a weird question, but I recently saw the new Woody Allen movie Vicky Christina Barcelona, partly b/c I like to give his movies a shot at being good, and mostly b/c I wanted to see Barcelona through the movie lens.

If anyone has seen it, or knows Barcelona well enough, they went to a small "antique" as they called it, amusement park on top of a hill overlooking the city.

Does anyone know what place this is and has anyone ever been there? We have a few days to spend before and after our cruise, so I wanted to see if it was worthwhile, even if just for the views.

It's called Montjuic.

No, Montjuic is the area around the Olympic Stadium.

It's called Tibidabo. You reach it by a funicular and once up there the views are stunning. It's worth a visit for the views alone. There is also a lovely church at the top (Sacred Heart). The theme park is only small and a bit tame - take a look at their website here http://www.tibidabo.es/default_eng.asp. If you google Tibidabo you can find lots of photos. I would say it was one of the highlights of our trip to Barcelona :)

Looks like after Sept it's only open on weekends, so we can't go. :(

Looks like a blast if you're traveling with kids though.

It does look like fun. I wish that I had known about this when we were in Barcelona as a family. We actually went down to Port Aventura to get the kids their vacation "ride fix." This would have been a whole lot easier to pull off and the scenery looks great.

Archived