Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

You got me excited, but I just checked and it is 1204, but I do not care, I am just as stoked that I got portholes!!!

GOOD NEWS for you!! 1206 is not a 1A it is a PT category (1 up from a 1A) and has two twins or a king!! It is 220 sq. ft. as opposed to the 185 sq. ft. of most cabins.

I believe the layout is the same as the pictures only the cabin would be longer fitting in two beds where the other pictures shows one.

This pic shows the two beds as a king.

Porthole1.jpg

Has anyone sailed in one of the 1A's on a fantasy class ship, specifically U167, U169, U171, U173, E181, E183, E187, or E189?

I am curious as to whether these are set up as bunk beds, pull-down bed, or twin beds. Also, how is the noise level of these rooms? Are there any mechanical or utility areas that run next to these rooms?

I was in E189 on Estascy. It had a pull down bed with a lower on you can move around., a chair w/ 2 small square tables. Plus the vanity area. The TV was up on the wall in a corner next to the fake window. The crew door is next door to E189 at the end of the hallway...but I never noticed any noises. A bit of rocking in horribly bad seas, and of course the vibration of pulling into port, but other then that...it was fantasic!

You got me excited, but I just checked and it is 1204, but I do not care, I am just as stoked that I got portholes!!!

Oh dear - but 1204 will be just as nice - only with 1 bed.

They say you can actually sit on the window sill by the portholes!

I am hoping too that they aren't salt covered!!! Otherwise we'll send them out there at the 1st port to clean them!! :D

I was in E189 on Estascy. It had a pull down bed with a lower on you can move around., a chair w/ 2 small square tables. Plus the vanity area. The TV was up on the wall in a corner next to the fake window. The crew door is next door to E189 at the end of the hallway...but I never noticed any noises. A bit of rocking in horribly bad seas, and of course the vibration of pulling into port, but other then that...it was fantasic!

Agreed...had the same room on the Paradise. Very rarely I heard a muffled move around noise...it was very muffled...nothing. Loved that room.

Going back to this post.....how do you book a PT? What category is it listed as? On bookccl it also states it is PT, but no category....perplexed..

GOOD NEWS for you!! 1206 is not a 1A it is a PT category (1 up from a 1A) and has two twins or a king!! It is 220 sq. ft. as opposed to the 185 sq. ft. of most cabins.

I believe the layout is the same as the pictures only the cabin would be longer fitting in two beds where the other pictures shows one.

This pic shows the two beds as a king.

Porthole1.jpg

Going back to this post.....how do you book a PT? What category is it listed as? On bookccl it also states it is PT, but no category....perplexed..

I think on some ships there is now a PT category.....and on others it may be various categories - my pt cabin 1211 on my recent valor cruise was a 1A. If you check the deck plans the cabins with portholes have a 'diamond' like symbol indicating this!

PT is the category, used to be a 5A, then they mixed them in with the insides, now they are pulled out as PTs. Every class ships except spirit has them as PTs. PTs are port holes.

I had one last January and booked one for next January. Look on the deck plans, you should be able to see them. Only on first two decks on Conquest class ships, so maybe you just missed them?

I think on some ships there is now a PT category.....and on others it may be various categories - my pt cabin 1211 on my recent valor cruise was a 1A. If you check the deck plans the cabins with portholes have a 'diamond' like symbol indicating this!

Triumph, Destiny, Fantasy and Conquest, and Dream class all have them.

They are next to the port hole 1As on Conquest class, a little further aft, and are twin beds unlike 1A port holes.

They are their own category.

Well I got a 1A port hole, but it is not classified as PT, it is classified as 1A. Now the stateroom next to me is strictly classified as PT, but no number category...hmmm

PT is the category, used to be a 5A, then they mixed them in with the insides, now they are pulled out as PTs. Every class ships except spirit has them as PTs. PTs are port holes.

I had one last January and booked one for next January. Look on the deck plans, you should be able to see them. Only on first two decks on Conquest class ships, so maybe you just missed them?

hmmmm. I can't seem to pull up ANY cruise that is actually selling a PT category.

Triumph, Destiny, Fantasy and Conquest, and Dream class all have them.

They are next to the port hole 1As on Conquest class, a little further aft, and are twin beds unlike 1A port holes.

They are their own category.

Well I got a 1A port hole, but it is not classified as PT, it is classified as 1A. Now the stateroom next to me is strictly classified as PT, but no number category...hmmm

lol, sorry to keep repeating myself ... PT is the category. PT is the name for those port holes... used to be 5As at one time. It doesnt have to have a number in the category, suites dont any more either.

I believe that is a 1A porthole cabin? I was in 1211 on the Valor which should basically be identical- I loved the room. Don't have access to my pics at work - but here is a link to my recent review - and in post #7 there are pics of my cabin! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1143537 (I also have a video - if you like give me an email address and I try and send it from home tonight!)

Edited by Froufie

Does anyone know if 6393, 8357, and 7345 have 2 lowers on the Freedom?

I noticed that many of these now have 2 lower beds, but why are they still 1A?

Thanks!

Why shouldnt they be 1As?? All the lower ones on Riveria and Main have a twin and a convertible sofa, not upper and lower on Conquest class ... so should they have to change all the 1As to higher catgories, and not have any for singles?

Why shouldnt they be 1As?? All the lower ones on Riveria and Main have a twin and a convertible sofa, not upper and lower on Conquest class ... so should they have to change all the 1As to higher catgories, and not have any for singles?

No, they shouldn't change them from 1A - I was just wondering why...

Are all of the 1A's on Conquest class ships all lower beds?

No, they shouldn't change them from 1A - I was just wondering why...

Are all of the 1A's on Conquest class ships all lower beds?

The only two no one knows about are the two forward ones on deck 6. As far as I know all the rest have beds on the floor.

I just booked 3 cruises (had to get in before the rate increase), all with porthole rooms. Look at the deck plan for the ship you are interested in. Some ships only have a few porthole rooms. For instance, I think the Glory just has 4 such rooms on the Riveria deck and 2 porthole rooms on the main deck. So, these rooms do go quickly. If a porthole room is not showing up as available for your cruise, it is probably gone. I think my porthole rooms were classified as 4a. I was under the impression that 1a is always bunk beds. BTW, the porthole rooms do have 2 twins that can be pushed together to make a queen.

I just booked 3 cruises (had to get in before the rate increase), all with porthole rooms. Look at the deck plan for the ship you are interested in. Some ships only have a few porthole rooms. For instance, I think the Glory just has 4 such rooms on the Riveria deck and 2 porthole rooms on the main deck. So, these rooms do go quickly. If a porthole room is not showing up as available for your cruise, it is probably gone. I think my porthole rooms were classified as 4a. I was under the impression that 1a is always bunk beds. BTW, the porthole rooms do have 2 twins that can be pushed together to make a queen.

Sorry, but I meant to say that the porthole rooms are usually the same price as 4a rooms, however they do have their own category as a PT.

You sound confused. You are talking about PTs, which is a different category than this thread is about. There are 1As that are also port holes. There are 4 on Main deck actually on conquest class, which is why Im sure you are talking about PTs, which used to be 4s, and before that used to be 5As. Those all have twin beds (the 1As on Main have one twin and one convertible sofa). I see you posted above and noticed yourself are talking about PTs (not about 1A port hole cabins the subject of this thread).

We are discussing the port holes that are 1As here... which do not have twins. Just noting this before someone reads your posts and gets confused ... this thread is supposed to be about 1as. We know the rest of the categories have twins.

Edited by firefly333

I've been searching all morning and can't find a conclusive answers.

Does anyone know if 2207 on Carnival Glory is a twin/sofa bed or twin/bunk bed?

Thanks so much!!

The deck plan I consulted for Glory shows this as a twin with a single convertible sofa. Go to the website of any travel agency specializing in cruises and look at the deck plan of your ship and there should be a key as to what each room has in terms of beds. I don't know whether Carnival's website has this info or not. I find their website extremely hard to navigate!

Does anyone know if 6393, 8357, and 7345 have 2 lowers on the Freedom?

I noticed that many of these now have 2 lower beds, but why are they still 1A?

Thanks!

The deck plan I consulted (from a cruise travel agency's website) shows 6393 and 7345 as 1A with an upper/lower bunk bed style bed. For 8357, it is colored as a 1A, but they don't give the key for the 1A on that deck, so not sure of the bed configuration. I would just call your travel agent or Carnival and ask about these rooms.

The deck plan I consulted (from a cruise travel agency's website) shows 6393 and 7345 as 1A with an upper/lower bunk bed style bed. For 8357, it is colored as a 1A, but they don't give the key for the 1A on that deck, so not sure of the bed configuration. I would just call your travel agent or Carnival and ask about these rooms.

which is exactly why we started this thread ... because deck plans are so often wrong wrong wrong and cant be trusted, but people's real experiences and pictures CAN. Iv actually had 6393 and others .. and just for your edification .. to show you why we arent using deck plans but real experience and trying to list what the cabins really have .. these are pictures of 6393. Quite clearly there are two twin beds!!! (I also have seen pics of 7345 I can send you links to if you need more evidence what you see on deck plans is often incorrect.

177137406_Picture001.jpg.e449db967b59520c74dda01df6a95a66.jpg

771837123_Picture005.jpg.1a25c4a3aaf480974037017a6e08627a.jpg