Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Hey Firefly - I too had qualms about taking a HC cabin. My PVP assured me that I would get bumped if it was needed and if no 1A's were available they would bump me to the next level - which could mean being in an inside room in the front or the back of the ship rather than mid-ship.

Because it is after the time that final payment is due and it hasn't been booked yet, they are now offering it. I understand that they do keep those rooms open until it is within the 70 days of sailing.?

There is absolutely no way your PVP can tell you that you would get bumped if someone wanted that cabin ... they simply are guessing same and say take the chance. I posted on my post that more often than not they do NOT bump people out of cabins, its rare they will bump people and go to the bother, so you probably wouldnt get bumped.. I cant imagine a PVP using that word ... I ASSURE you ... that would be misleading you.

Final payment is due 60 days before the cruise .. so you arent past final payment either.

Do what you want, but I know a lot of people are upset that able bodied cruisers would knowingly book HC cabins they dont need, ...as far as if you would get seasick, probably only if the ship hits rough water. The lower the deck and more midship the less motion .. but how much extra one deck up and aft?? not that much more imo... if you are aft of the elevators you will probably feel some vibration in the floor from the thrusters.

so, upgrading is out of the question for me. would it be inappropriate to ask for a queen in our room as opposed to the twin?

i don't wanna be squiished up on a twin with the gf.

What ship are you on? I think some of the 1As may have 2 beds on the floor, but many don't and I don't think they can put a 'queen' in the room if requested. If only one twin on the floor - you may also have an upper bunk and/or a sofe bed!

What ship are you on? I think some of the 1As may have 2 beds on the floor, but many don't and I don't think they can put a 'queen' in the room if requested. If only one twin on the floor - you may also have an upper bunk and/or a sofe bed!

going to be on the fantasy in E183. it' just going to be unbelieveably uncomfortable for both the future missus and i to both be squashed in a single twin, and i sure don't want to sleep on a bunk/couch

going to be on the fantasy in E183. it' just going to be unbelieveably uncomfortable for both the future missus and i to both be squashed in a single twin, and i sure don't want to sleep on a bunk/couch

Yep fantasy class ships are not the ships Id want to book a 1A on. Im not climbing up a ladder every night to sleep on a upper bunk. Would ruin my vacation I think ... and I dont even want to sleep with my sister, just dont want to be in a upper bunk. I booked a PT, the new category of port holes, about $30 pp more than a 1A.. worth it to me.

Yep fantasy class ships are not the ships Id want to book a 1A on. Im not climbing up a ladder every night to sleep on a upper bunk. Would ruin my vacation I think ... and I dont even want to sleep with my sister, just dont want to be in a upper bunk. I booked a PT, the new category of port holes, about $30 pp more than a 1A.. worth it to me.

i was going to pay to upgrade, but the future MIL had a fit about it. she wants us right next door.

i was going to pay to upgrade, but the future MIL had a fit about it. she wants us right next door.

You and your future bride on a small twin ... thats going kinda far to please the future MIL :eek: I hope you are both small people.

Edited by firefly333

I admit I havent read all the posts here, but I just booked a 1a on the Freedom, main deck, supposedly two portholes, room # 2212. Anyone have any info on this stateroom? Im cruising solo, and this the first time have been able to snag one of these rooms.

I admit I havent read all the posts here, but I just booked a 1a on the Freedom, main deck, supposedly two portholes, room # 2212. Anyone have any info on this stateroom? Im cruising solo, and this the first time have been able to snag one of these rooms.

There is a picture of 2216 on Liberty (next door to your cabin), on this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=739857

I had the one across from you 2211, and it was great, beds were at 90 degrees, the twin by the port holes and the convertible sofa by the wall toward the bathroom.

• 1 month later...

:)Hi! thank you for such great info. was HOPING for an update. anyone been recently on carnival glory, sailing 8357? still upper / lower...or two down now? i do know she is going into drydock for seaside theatre, still could be changed then also, i guess.

How about Glory # 7345? Is it still up/down? I hope so. Anybody have a picture?

Also is it slightly larger than other interiors? It looks that way on the deck plans on most sites.

Probably not much help, but on Conquest, yes it is slightly larger, wider. the desk is along the wall as one long unit, instead of broken up, half on one side behind the closets and half behind the bathroom.

Its two twins on the Conquest.

How about Glory # 7345? Is it still up/down? I hope so. Anybody have a picture?

Also is it slightly larger than other interiors? It looks that way on the deck plans on most sites.

#7345 is definitely two twins on the floor (which can be pushed together if a couple). My kids stayed in that room in July. It did seem bigger than another inside room we saw.

• 1 month later...
I'd like to bring this thread back to see if anyone might be able to post any pics of Dream 1A's. I've got one coming up and was just moved into a 2 porthole room. I was in the handicap room, but it was needed so I got the portholes! Go ME!

Hey there Dingo - I'm one of your step-siblings on the April 24th Dream cruise. I too have a porthole room and am excited about it. I'm in 2217 with a single bed and convertible couch. The following pictures are from Room 2211, which is next to the room I am in and the same configuration.

The pics are courtesy of zydococruiser.

DreamPorthole1.jpg

DreamPorthole2.jpg

DreamPorthole3.jpg

DreamPorthole4.jpg

DreamPorthole5.jpg

DreamPorthole6.jpg

We also were in 2211, which is the same layout on the Conquest. Nice and roomy with all the space in the middle of the cabin. At night the steward just threw the pillows from the sofa on the floor and made it up as a bed. ... In fact it pretty much stayed made up as a bed, our steward was lazy, missed turn down 3 nights .. I finally went to complain at the pursers desk, after talking to him 3 nights in a row and receiving nothing but complaints. We had trouble getting hangers, broken tv remote... just had issues the whole week with him... but loved the cabin.

Edited by firefly333

We also were in 2211, which is the same layout on the Conquest. Nice and roomy with all the space in the middle of the cabin. At night the steward just threw the pillows from the sofa on the floor and made it up as a bed. ... In fact it pretty much stayed made up as a bed, our steward was lazy, missed turn down 3 nights .. I finally went to complain at the pursers desk, after talking to him 3 nights in a row and receiving nothing but complaints. We had trouble getting hangers, broken tv remote... just had issues the whole week with him... but loved the cabin.

How was the couch for sleeping on? Originally it was going to be just me but now my sister will be joining me. (she gets the couch :rolleyes:) It does look like there is lots of room.

If you didn't have a lazy steward, do they usually make the bed back up as a couch every day?

Sweet, ok, well I am on the riviera deck, 1206? and my layout appears to be the same. looks VERY nice! I LOVE the floor to ceiling curtains, gives the illusion of a large window or balcony for that matter.!

Funny story, I was on the panorama deck in a 1A handicap, but they needed it and "upgraded" me to a 4B. When I checked open cabins on a "certain website" it showed 2 available 1 a's. Mind you there have been none open for MONTHS. One of them was a porthole room, the other one was one of the other handicap rooms (why did they need mine?). I called and they, for the life of them, could not understand why I wanted a "downgrade". Needless to say, they were happy to give it to me.

I am guessing that my portholes will be deeper? Not positive but since I am one deck lower and more forward than you I would assume this. I wonder if they will have a lot of salt water deposit on them?

So excited any which way you slice it!

Hey there Dingo - I'm one of your step-siblings on the April 24th Dream cruise. I too have a porthole room and am excited about it. I'm in 2217 with a single bed and convertible couch. The following pictures are from Room 2211, which is next to the room I am in and the same configuration.

The pics are courtesy of zydococruiser.

DreamPorthole1.jpg

DreamPorthole2.jpg

DreamPorthole3.jpg

DreamPorthole4.jpg

DreamPorthole5.jpg

DreamPorthole6.jpg

Edited by TheDINGOateMyBaybay!

Sweet, ok, well I am on the riviera deck, 1206? and my layout appears to be the same. looks VERY nice! I LOVE the floor to ceiling curtains, gives the illusion of a large window or balcony for that matter.!

Funny story, I was on the panorama deck in a 1A handicap, but they needed it and "upgraded" me to a 4B. When I checked open cabins on a "certain website" it showed 2 available 1 a's. Mind you there have been none open for MONTHS. One of them was a porthole room, the other one was one of the other handicap rooms (why did they need mine?). I called and they, for the life of them, could not understand why I wanted a "downgrade". Needless to say, they were happy to give it to me.

I am guessing that my portholes will be deeper? Not positive but since I am one deck lower and more forward than you I would assume this. I wonder if they will have a lot of salt water deposit on them?

So excited any which way you slice it!

GOOD NEWS for you!! 1206 is not a 1A it is a PT category (1 up from a 1A) and has two twins or a king!! It is 220 sq. ft. as opposed to the 185 sq. ft. of most cabins.

I believe the layout is the same as the pictures only the cabin would be longer fitting in two beds where the other pictures shows one.

This pic shows the two beds as a king.

Porthole1.jpg

How was the couch for sleeping on? Originally it was going to be just me but now my sister will be joining me. (she gets the couch :rolleyes:) It does look like there is lots of room.

If you didn't have a lazy steward, do they usually make the bed back up as a couch every day?

I dont think my sister was real comfortable, but she broke her shoulder the first day of the cruise (I know .. wow, I mean broke it, but I knew they couldnt set it so we decided to cruise.).. so the fact she couldnt get a second pillow and had a broken shoulder might have made it more uncomfortable than usual.

I only had this cabin the one time, so I cant speak for anyone else. They put the pillows back on the convertible sofa, but it was still made up as a bed, just move the pillows. It never looked like a sofa as in the picture. We also got only one pillow for it .. the steward was like look in the drawer under the sofa bed ... nope no pillow. You would think he would know two women both wanted two pillows on their beds when he made up the bed the first night (we left to give him time at 10:30 pm, the next 3 nights we gave up on him after speaking to him.

Not only did my sister only get one pillow but we only had 3 hangers for both of us. (despite 5 calls to housekeeping). Again with the excuses, well mostly one person stays in there (so you cant see there are two of us and get us another pillow??).

This is the one time later I thought I should have cut his tips. always with the excuses.

I was supposed to have 2211 on the Triumph, but wound up upgrading last minute, so never actually stayed in the cabin.

Edited by firefly333