Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Help me, please!

Are 1211 & 1212 two twins/king or upper lower?

I'm pretty sure I have the others right. I need to call my PVP in the morning! Thanks!

Just my guess from 2217 on conquest and 2211 on triumph I think they were... one twin and one convertible sofa. so neither of the above would be my guess... though I have not been on glory, but its supposed to be a sister to conquest. The convertible sofa is a tad lower than the twin, so they cannot really be pushed together, we had them separated, but Iv heard some pushed them together anyway and did the best they could with one bed being lower than the other.

PS there are some that still have an upper in the ceiling, but from what I know it is seldom if ever used since there are two beds on the floor and you can only book 2 into a 1A. I think one person said they asked the upper to be made up so they could use the sofa as a sofa and the guy did. Sorry, I havent been in the 1As on Riveria on that ship... good luck. Your PVP probably doesnt know either, just reading from what they have. My PVP just this week told me she has 6393 on Conquest as a upper and lower, which isnt true ... so whatever she reads to you, if she herself wasnt in that particular cabin, I wouldnt trust the info. Its good in a way that Carnival doesnt show them as two beds, or they might get the idea to charge more for those cabins, so we are happy they dont seem to know there are two beds in most of the cabins on the floor.

Edited by firefly333

Thanks. I was looking at various deck plans plus the listing on cruisedeckplans that seems to be more accurate than some.

I know a friend was in 1207 on Valor and loved it. I'd rather be on Main, except I wonder what it's like under the theater. Using the deck drag thing, it seems they wouldn't be under the stage (which is good), but are probably under the dressing room. Doubt that there's too much noise real late.

I'll probably be solo, but there's a chance my friend (who couldn't join me on my upcoming Fantasy) can go (I'm looking at >1 year out), so I want to be sure I don't book something with upper/lower.

Joan - I would 'assume' the 1As are a twin/sofa rather than 2 beds unless you have recent confirmation from cruisers....I agree that the PVP may not have this information (I had to insist several times that the 'special' 1As really had 2 windows....when the carnival person kept insisting there were no windows and the room had upper/lower bunks! go figure).

As you know I loved my 1211 porthole 1A cabin - and would think the one on deck 2 would be find as well. I think you are beyond the 'stage' and would not really be bothered by theatre noise? (you are actually under what looks to be the 'backstage' area?).

Yep, that's what I was thinking. And, of course, I'm not normally in bed while the shows are still going on anyway! :p

Of course, the booking isn't even open yet, but I'm going to call my PVP and make sure he knows that I want to book THE DAY it does open up and what cabin I want! :D

I have 1249 booked on the Pride. This isn't normally in a location that I'd book, but it was the only 1A that was available. Does anyone know anything about the noise level? I believe it's under some public areas on Deck 2. This is my first time on the Pride so I know absolutely nothing about this ship. Thanks.

I was in a 6A (right across the hall from the 1A's on Riviera) on the Legend and the location was great. I was originally booked in one of the 1A's but got upgraded a couple of weeks prior to my cruise. There was no noise at all from the disco and I felt very little movement. I would book a room in that same location in a heartbeat. :)

Thanks you so much...how about a 2 month later thank you:o...I had forgotten about the question and put that particular cruise on hold...thank you so for your response:).

And I did book a 1A with portholes for future cruise!!! Thank you all for this thread of continually updating info...if my cabin info prooves anything new..I shall report...sjn.

I have 1249 booked on the Pride. This isn't normally in a location that I'd book, but it was the only 1A that was available. Does anyone know anything about the noise level? I believe it's under some public areas on Deck 2. This is my first time on the Pride so I know absolutely nothing about this ship. Thanks.

Hello, I believe my above thanks and Legend info will apply to you on the Pride for noise issues etc.

Hello, I believe my above thanks and Legend info will apply to you on the Pride for noise issues etc.

Thanks, that's good to know. Do you happen to know what all that white space between the cabins and the dance club is for?

Thank you, THAnk YOU. On my first cruise, I paid through the nose for a Balcony Room (I go Solo)...so this time I decided to tone it down a lot.

Called Carnival, and booked the least expensive room I could get. Turns out the from your list, (room) 1106 has two portholes. I sure wasn't expecting THAT.

Made my anticipation even greater.

Melanie

I'm still hunting for info on the 1As on the Spirit-class ships.

Hard to book one (I've looked at just about every sailing on Legend that fits in my work schedule and NONE are available), since there are only five. :(

If anyone finds photos, please post/link here.

The description on cruisedeckplans is identical to the 4As. I just wonder what - exactly - is different that makes these categorized as 1A, since they don't have bunks, and they have two beds on the floor that can convert to a king, and they're supposedly 185 sq ft!

Sure sounds like any other typical inside cabin to me. :confused:

I'm still hunting for info on the 1As on the Spirit-class ships.

Hard to book one (I've looked at just about every sailing on Legend that fits in my work schedule and NONE are available), since there are only five. :(

If anyone finds photos, please post/link here.

The description on cruisedeckplans is identical to the 4As. I just wonder what - exactly - is different that makes these categorized as 1A, since they don't have bunks, and they have two beds on the floor that can convert to a king, and they're supposedly 185 sq ft!

Sure sounds like any other typical inside cabin to me. :confused:

Yes, they are identical to the 4A cabins. The difference is they are placed in the least desired locations.

Since all Carnival ships have 1A, these are the ones they designated.

I've been asking this question for 6 weeks but have never seen an answer. I am traveling solo on the Splendor in a 1A for my first cruise. Here is my invoice for a trip that was marketed for $369 per based on double occupancy. Thanks in advance!

Your Price: $315.00

Taxes and Port Charges: $298.29

Processing Fee: $24.99

Total Price: $638.28

I've been asking this question for 6 weeks but have never seen an answer. I am traveling solo on the Splendor in a 1A for my first cruise. Here is my invoice for a trip that was marketed for $369 per based on double occupancy. Thanks in advance!

Generally, if you book a solo 1A directly through Carnival, you pay 150% of the base rate (cabin + taxes) plus port charges. Your numbers are broken down differently, so it's hard to tell what you were charged. Also, there is no processing fee when booking directly through Carnival.

My 1As on Fantasy or Pride aren't priced anything like that.

Both just show "cruise rate $xxx.xx" = 150% of the pp rate at the time I booked

"taxes & fees $ xx.xx" - Fantasy (from Charleston, 7 night, 3 ports) is $74.55, Pride (from Baltimore, 7 nights, 3 ports) is $65.13.

Those are the only charges.

I double check my email confirmation against what Carnival has online under my booking number, and then against my documents, once I'm paid-in-full and can view them.

OhioJeff - thanks for that info. I normally stay in inside cabins anyway, so it's nice that I can get one for less than the regular price. I don't mind being on Riviera, either. Didn't care for my 1A aft on Triumph (way too much shuddering and shaking), but I didn't notice much in my aft balcony on Miracle, on Main, only 3 decks up from Riviera. Should be fine back there. :D

Looks like a TA booked you. Carnival HAS to include the port charges in the cruise fare, but doesnt pay TAs on that part of the cruise fare, so TAs sometimes break that part of the cruisefare out. If the bottom line is correct, thats all you need to look at.

port charges run a little over $50 per port, about $159 for 3 ports .. so you can kinda figure it out from there. Id say you paid more than one set of port charges... but that looks about right... book it yourself on the carnival site or another for one person and compare the bottom line.

i wish TAs would not give quotes to show you how much port charges are and the rest of the cruise fare separate, as it confuses too many people.

There was a law suit mid 1990s where all cruiselines now have to include the port charges in the quoted cruisefare .... unfortunately TAs can break it out however they want on your invoice.

carnival only adds on taxes and fees, the port charges are part of the cruisefare you see listed.

Has anyone had a 1A on the Splendor? I have a cabin on the Panorama deck. Just wondering if this is a good location.

Thanks!:)

If I can go this far back in the thread, may I ask how that turned out for you? I have 1083 on the Splendor coming up soon. It's an 1A.

This is probably as silly question, but are solo passengers only allowed to book 1A's or do they book them because they are cheaper? I may have to begin cruising by myself in a few years and wanted to get an idea if I needed to start weaning myself from my balcony addiction :-)

This is probably as silly question, but are solo passengers only allowed to book 1A's or do they book them because they are cheaper? I may have to begin cruising by myself in a few years and wanted to get an idea if I needed to start weaning myself from my balcony addiction :-)

You can book any cabin you want. I have booked a balcony as a solo, but you are paying 200% for anything above a 1a, which is just 150% single supplement.

Do a fake booking to check rates.

My understanding is one single bed one convertible sofa-at least I hope so as I'm sailing solo. JUst going by froufie's (sp) account from the Valor-same class. Look back-great pics and review. By the way Thanks froufie. :)

Generally, if you book a solo 1A directly through Carnival, you pay 150% of the base rate (cabin + taxes) plus port charges. Your numbers are broken down differently, so it's hard to tell what you were charged. Also, there is no processing fee when booking directly through Carnival.

Thanks a bunch. At the end of the day, $638 seemed like a reasonable price to pay for one guy in a room and 7 nights at sea. Seem resonable to you?

You folks are great. I do expect that my bottom line is a good one. I'm sailing 7 night with 3 ports/Mexican Riviera out of LA in October. I have a 1A solo cabin. Did I do well for $638? I'm on the 10th level just foward of the Lido pool area and just behind the SPA folks. Seems like a unique 1A location.

When I talked to CheatTickets.com on the phone I told them I was looking at an advertised price of $369 and we did book that cruise but I don't think that cruise was advertised as a 1A room. I was looking at the Carnival site add while talking to CheapTickets on the phone.

I'm not upset about paying the TA fee. This guy talked to me for an hour and turned me on to the 1A thing and made me feal like the 10th level mid ship was a great location.

Cheers all, and thanks for the help!!!