Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

We were on the Valor 12-04 2011 in 7345 and it had 2 twins pushed together for a king. The room was L shaped and seemed more spacious then many. Next to the laundry but no noise issures at all

Thanks! I hadn't even thought about the laundry being so close, I'm glad it won't be an issue.

Welcome back from your cruise! I'm sure you would rather still be on the ship!

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is very interesting. Thanks to all who contributed.

On the other hand, even though the thread is now on page 14, two matters of intense interest to us have not been discussed. Is there anyone out there who can help with either of these?

1. Do some/all of the 1A staterooms have or lack mini-refrigerators? If they lack them, can a unit be requested (with success), as is true for interior rooms on another cruise line?

2. Can anyone who has been in #1111 on the Pride tell us about it -- including, if possible, the following:

condition problems, if any ...

quietness ...

brightness of lighting ...

reliability and breadth of temperature control ...

presence/absence of refrigerator ...

skill of current steward

Many thanks, in advance, for helpful replies.

I'm posting to this thread to an attempt to become familiar with Carnival deck plans which are totally confusing to me. Firefly, if we decide to book the Magic, would you simply tell us which staterooms to pick? Ha! Your information is just great. And, Happy New Year, too.

1. Do some/all of the 1A staterooms have or lack mini-refrigerators? If they lack them, can a unit be requested (with success), as is true for interior rooms on another cruise line?

Many thanks, in advance, for helpful replies.

My 1A stateroom on the Glory had a mini-fridge. Friends in 1A staterooms on the Legend had one. There was no mini-fridge in the 1A staterooms on the Fantasy class ships. I didn't request a unit so I don't know if one would be provided. Hope this helps.:)

My 1A stateroom on the Glory had a mini-fridge. Friends in 1A staterooms on the Legend had one. There was no mini-fridge in the 1A staterooms on the Fantasy class ships. I didn't request a unit so I don't know if one would be provided. Hope this helps.:)

It gives us some hope, "letscruisegd." We have to make a decision about the Pride by the end of January. The Legend (on which your friends had a refrigerator) is in the "Spirit Class" of ships, as is the Pride. The Glory is in a different class.

We're still hoping that someone who was in Pride #1111 will stop by with more information, as requested in our last post.

Thanks for your help.

You can find some info if you do a search, altho not necessarily on the Pride (but other spirit class ships so should be similar?)

1) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=22403753&highlight=1111#post22403753 - see post #6

2) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=24678304&highlight=1111#post24678304 - post #6

3) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=15398058&highlight=1111#post15398058 - various

4) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12662196&highlight=1111#post12662196 - see post #2

5) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12096891&highlight=1111#post12096891 - see post #8

6) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=485488&highlight=1111 = see post #5

7) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=7415432&highlight=1111#post7415432 - post #6

Hope this helps! :)

That was absolutely fantastic, Froufie -- especially one post which is specifically about Pride #1111. A CrCr member who was in that stateroom in 2007 is still active here, so we will attempt to contact him/her for more information. We cannot thank you enough. (We have run many searches in the past, but somehow forgot to run the search that you ran.)

That was absolutely fantastic, Froufie -- especially one post which is specifically about Pride #1111. A CrCr member who was in that stateroom in 2007 is still active here, so we will attempt to contact him/her for more information. We cannot thank you enough. (We have run many searches in the past, but somehow forgot to run the search that you ran.)

No problem.....good luck!:D

• 4 weeks later...
I was in 6393 first and took some pictures. I was in 8357 later and didnt take pictures ...because it was the same. Both cabins were wider than a regular inside and had the desk and refrig etc along the side instead of cut up into two pieces behind the bathroom and closet.

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

If you are familiar with inside cabins .. you can see these are wider than insides.

Same layout for this 8357 on Splendor?

Same layout for this 8357 on Splendor?

Unless something has changed recently, Splendor's 8357 will not have the 2 regular beds. The only 1As that have the 2 regular beds, that I am aware of, are the Spirit class 1As, and 3 of the 1As on the Conquest class ships: 6393, 7345, & 8357. They didn't do the same thing with the Splendor or Dream classes in those locations. They have one regular bed, although there is certainly room for 2, plus an upper.

Umbarger, yes, 1405 on Triumph/Victory is a HC room. So is 1309 on Destiny. I'm not sure if there are other 1A HCs. Although if you get bumped out of one of these, there is no room "worse" than that one. These rooms are as small as they get, and have no view. So any bump would put you in an equal or better room. And people never have to pay extra when they get bumped. So if it's the last 1A available, go ahead and book it, and maybe you'll get a free upgrade (probably to a regular interior) through a bump.

Umbarger, yes, 1405 on Triumph/Victory is a HC room. So is 1309 on Destiny. I'm not sure if there are other 1A HCs. Although if you get bumped out of one of these, there is no room "worse" than that one. These rooms are as small as they get, and have no view. So any bump would put you in an equal or better room. And people never have to pay extra when they get bumped. So if it's the last 1A available, go ahead and book it, and maybe you'll get a free upgrade (probably to a regular interior) through a bump.

Carnival generally doesn't bump Able bodied out of HC cabins. When you are handicapped you find this out. When we call Carnival we are told "not available" I do not recommend able bodied booking HC cabin under any circumstances.

I disagree, if it is the last 1A available the able bodied cruiser should pick another 'regular' cabin. There are very few HC cabins. HC people need the special adaptations these cabins have(larger doorway, larger bathroom w/roll in shower and built in shower seat). If we don't get one of these cabins we can't cruise.

Don't mean to be confrontational but when you are confined to a wheelchair you find these things out. Like how hard it is to get a HC cabin and we know how Carnival says one thing and does another. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
What class is the Splendor? I have cabin #1083 and it is a 1A.

Do the 1As on the Splendor Deck 10 have a sofa? I'm thinking about booking these for my girls, but neither likes to sleep on the pulldown bed due to getting sea sick. DH and I would like to get a spa room and the 1As are the only inside rooms on the same deck.

Thanks,

Maggie

It is impressive how you can ask about a specific room on a ship and get info!! Awesome thanks!

-KD

Do the 1A's on the Magic have the twins that can be pushed together?

Two 1A's are a little cheaper than my 4 person 4D, so considering a switch if Carnival will allow and if the beds can be pushed together.

I doubt it. I think the only ships that have that are the Spirit class and those 3 particular rooms on Conquest class. We've found out that Splendor does not have the same deal in those 3 spots, and I don't think they did it with the Dream class.

Just a quick contribution to the cause...

I was on the Carnival Sensation in January in Cabin U173 and I had my measuring tape....

U173.jpg

Thank you so much for the measurements. That's very interesting. 16.25x9.25 = barely over 150 sq.ft. Having stayed in one of these rooms myself, I knew it couldn't be anywhere near the 185 sq.ft. they claim these to be. I was guessing 160, but I could see it being 150, as it's a very good setup to make the most out of the 150 sq.ft. No long hallway & no 2nd bed on the floor makes it feel a little larger than 150, but it's certainly not 185.

Edited by k2excursion

Do the 1As on the Splendor Deck 10 have a sofa? I'm thinking about booking these for my girls, but neither likes to sleep on the pulldown bed due to getting sea sick. DH and I would like to get a spa room and the 1As are the only inside rooms on the same deck.

Thanks,

Maggie

Sorry, but those will all have the upper bunks for the 2nd person. I'm guessing, from what you're saying, that all the category 4E spa insides are taken. If not, go for one of those. Remember, those four 1As are not a part of the Cloud 9 Spa rooms. Your girls may not care about that, but I'm just providing a reminder to anyone reading that you don't get the spa extras with those 1As or the balconies nearby them. The special spa rooms on that floor are rooms 1053 & lower numbers.

Sorry, but those will all have the upper bunks for the 2nd person. I'm guessing, from what you're saying, that all the category 4E spa insides are taken. If not, go for one of those. Remember, those four 1As are not a part of the Cloud 9 Spa rooms. Your girls may not care about that, but I'm just providing a reminder to anyone reading that you don't get the spa extras with those 1As or the balconies nearby them. The special spa rooms on that floor are rooms 1053 & lower numbers.

That's correct. The 1-A on the Splendor on deck 10 have 1 upper and 1 lower. I stayed in one on the Splendor.

• 2 months later...
Just Booked 1106 on Carnival Destiny any info on this room type first time in 17 Carnival Cruises with a 1A it was the only room avlb left

I have not been on the Destiny. We all know that usually when Carnival says upper and lower, it is not .. but in a few cases, really is a upper and lower. I would search CC Carnival for that cabin # and try to find a picture if no one has been in that cabin.

PS I would rather have port holes than a regular inside cabin .. but then I am not married.

Carnival shows

Cabin 1106 1A 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 upper

View: 2 portholes

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Edited by firefly333

Go here: http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-destiny.aspx

Click on deck plans in the upper right hand corner. Next click on Riviera and then on 1106. It is tiny yellow at the front of the ship. It will show you a pic of the cabin. Like fire said, it is one upper, one lower with a sofa and porthole windows.

I said that is what Carnival says and we know that for 1As they are almost always inaccurate. Thats why this thread.

Just wanted to make it clear, I did not say it had a upper .. I said only that is what Carnival shows. The pictures are also stock and not usually depicting the cabin.

I know a couple on Triumph are upper and lower, like the one with the picture windows .. but others that Carnival shows as upper and lower are one twin and one convertible sofa.

You cannot go by what Carnival says .. thats why I suggested the poster search for a REAL picture of that cabin by the cabin #. Thats what I did because I know Carnival's descriptions are not accurate to a large degree for 1As.