Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Just Booked 1106 on Carnival Destiny any info on this room type first time in 17 Carnival Cruises with a 1A it was the only room avlb left

I was in 1105 on the Destiny several years ago. I would assume 1106 would be the same. There was 1 upper that was never lowered because I was cruising solo. The lower was near the window and the upper was above the sofa. I wouldn't hesitate to book this room again.

Here is a link to pics I posted shortly after that cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=873788

Sorry, but those will all have the upper bunks for the 2nd person. I'm guessing, from what you're saying, that all the category 4E spa insides are taken. If not, go for one of those. Remember, those four 1As are not a part of the Cloud 9 Spa rooms. Your girls may not care about that, but I'm just providing a reminder to anyone reading that you don't get the spa extras with those 1As or the balconies nearby them. The special spa rooms on that floor are rooms 1053 & lower numbers.

Thanks for the reminder. I did know that the 1A's won't get spa access. I was going to get a spa interior room for me and DH and wanted a room close by for my girls but they don't need a spa room. The only other non-spa room available is a 1A.

Maggie

• 1 month later...

We have booked cabin 8357 on Carnival Valor for two weeks back-to-back (non-refundable).... based on information found here on Cruise Critic where past passengers insist this 1A category cabin has two twin beds on the floor. We've contacted our TA twice, and Carnival three times. They claim this 1A cabin DEFINITELY does not have two beds on the floor, it is upper and lower bunks.

We even e-mailed two very nice Cruise Critic people who have stayed in cabin 8357 in the past on Carnival Valor and confirmed there were two twin beds on the floor. Most recent guest was December 2011.

We're worried which information is correct or if changes have been made. WHY does Carnival do this? Why can't they give an accurate cabin description?? Carnival told me we could take a chance if we want, but it's a gamble!

Looking for a little reassurance here. We would sure appreciate hearing from anyone who has seen this cabin recently. Rumor has it there is one odd cabin like this on each of decks 6, 7 and 8? Thank you in advance. :o

Below are photos from a previous guest who stayed in cabin 8357 on Carnival Valor. Can anyone verify ... does this cabin still look like this?

8357-a.jpg

8357-b.jpg

8357-c.jpg

8357-d.jpg

Do the 1A's on the Magic have the twins that can be pushed together?

Two 1A's are a little cheaper than my 4 person 4D, so considering a switch if Carnival will allow and if the beds can be pushed together.

I dont know of any. .. though my cabin says it has two twins, Im expecting one twin and one convertible sofa. I have one of the port hole 1As.

All 4 of the 1As on Magic that are on upper levels are Handicapped cabins, so unless you have need these are for HC to me.. plus they are marked upper and lowers... the 4 on higher decks someone says they are putting their kids into, near the spa cabins. (i.e if you book one of these, you could be moved to the bottom deck into a different 1A, or a regular inside). The rest of the 1As on Magic are all on bottom 2 decks I believe that are not HC. I think its wierd to make 1As with a bunk bed HC??

I will of course take pictures. I had a balcony last time .. this will be my first 1A on Magic... next sept. Im solo so one bed is fine with me.

Edited by firefly333

WE have 8357 on the Freedom booked in the fall. PVP says it has upper and lower. From everything we have read on here we felt confident booking it that it would have 2 twins. Now when I look online at my booking it actually says 2 twin beds.

Look at the pics in post #554! it 8357 on the Valor with 2 twin beds.

• 2 months later...

Greetings yet again.

So, although I just made final payment today for Leg 2 of my B2B and DD's cabin, I may go ahead and book Conquest on the repositioning from San Juan to Miami.

I was going to just jump on 2217 (despite the hull crashing experience on Glory), but thought I'd better check here just in case there were any other interesting cabins.

Turns out 7345 is the only one of those midship 1As available.

Of course, every site I've checked says that it is upper/lower. There's been several assurances that the other two most definitely have two beds. Doesn't really matter to me since I'm sure I won't be able to get anyone to go with me, so no climb-the-ladder issues.

I might just have to give it a try.

I hate it when I have to make these decisions! I really liked 2217, and maybe the southern Caribbean wouldn't have quite so many banging issues. But it would also be nice to try something different.

Still, I'd like to see photos of 7345.

Greetings yet again.

So, although I just made final payment today for Leg 2 of my B2B and DD's cabin, I may go ahead and book Conquest on the repositioning from San Juan to Miami.

I was going to just jump on 2217 (despite the hull crashing experience on Glory), but thought I'd better check here just in case there were any other interesting cabins.

Turns out 7345 is the only one of those midship 1As available.

Of course, every site I've checked says that it is upper/lower. There's been several assurances that the other two most definitely have two beds. Doesn't really matter to me since I'm sure I won't be able to get anyone to go with me, so no climb-the-ladder issues.

I might just have to give it a try.

I hate it when I have to make these decisions! I really liked 2217, and maybe the southern Caribbean wouldn't have quite so many banging issues. But it would also be nice to try something different.

Still, I'd like to see photos of 7345.

I agree 2217 has a twin bed and a couch that converts to a twin. It also has 2 portholes. I would take this one in a heartbeat

7345 has a twin bed and an upper berth. The cabin looks like an odd size but larger than a regular cabin. We have stayed in one like this and there is lots of floor space but one less closet. I bring a twin air mattress when we stay in an upper berth 1A.

I know for sure what 2217 is like. I had it on Glory to Bermuda, so was ready to book it. I didn't like the extremely loud wave slamming against the hull, though. Of course, I was in the Atlantic in October and we were really moving on the way back (2-1/2 days out, only 1-1/2 to return).

But 7345 on Conquest - seems folks have been on Verandah and Upper in these 1As and have posted pics that they have two twins; but I'm pretty sure I came across photos that show 2 twins on Glory 7345, but found an older thread that Liberty had upper/lower!

I would just expect that they would be the same in the same ship class, but now I just don't know.

If anyone has actually been in 7345 on Conquest, I'd appreciate some feedback.

I know for sure what 2217 is like. I had it on Glory to Bermuda, so was ready to book it. I didn't like the extremely loud wave slamming against the hull, though. Of course, I was in the Atlantic in October and we were really moving on the way back (2-1/2 days out, only 1-1/2 to return).

But 7345 on Conquest - seems folks have been on Verandah and Upper in these 1As and have posted pics that they have two twins; but I'm pretty sure I came across photos that show 2 twins on Glory 7345, but found an older thread that Liberty had upper/lower!

I would just expect that they would be the same in the same ship class, but now I just don't know.

If anyone has actually been in 7345 on Conquest, I'd appreciate some feedback.

Cruisestateroom has pictures of cabin 7345 for the Liberty and the Glory and those both have upper berths. Although, I admit the pictures look the same for both ships. They do not have any pictures of that cabin for Conquest.

Seems odd that the other two 1As have two twins but this one on Empress has upper/lower.

And, of course, the one I want to book (on Conquest), no one here seems to have actually stayed in. I'm pretty sure Firefly said she had it booked once and had seen photos that had two twins. I just can't find them.

I do like the fact that there is next to no foot traffic in bow and stern cabins. It can get really noisy near the stairwell/elevators. The location looks really nice, though.

But, man, did I get a lot of exercise in 2217 on Glory! I'd go to the forward stairwell, climb up to Promenade, walk ALL the way back to the aft stairwell (while catching my breath), then climb on up to Lido. Multiple times a day. The good news is I rarely gain more than a pound or two, despite the huge increase in caloric intake! :D

E183 on both the Fantasy ans Fascination, upper/lower. Great room for a solo and centrally located to all the fun. Also quiet at night. I have cruised in these rooms several times, my PVP always ask if I want the same room. YES

Note: The closet door rattles at night in E183 on the Fascination, I just push the chair up against it, to stop it.

Here's what I think is going on, from searching for a while...

I "think" 7345 (and maybe the others) were originally upper/lower. I found actual photos of some of them from around 2008 and earlier (not Conquest), that were definitely only upper/lower.

But then I read a post somewhere (not CC) that said that those rooms were so large that another twin was moved in and the upper bunks are no longer in use.

Interesting. Floor space is nice, but when solo, it isn't that vital. Just more places to pile my junk! :p

Suppose Firefly will show up eventually (is she sailing?) and clarify for me. I might grab it while I can.

I have yet to see a pic of 8357 on Freedom, but we will see it first hand in 17 days and will bring back pictures. We were told by our pvp it has an upper and lower, but have been given assurances on here that it has 2 twins. Time will tell. Either way we plan on having a wonderful cruise.

Here's what I think is going on, from searching for a while...

I "think" 7345 (and maybe the others) were originally upper/lower. I found actual photos of some of them from around 2008 and earlier (not Conquest), that were definitely only upper/lower.

But then I read a post somewhere (not CC) that said that those rooms were so large that another twin was moved in and the upper bunks are no longer in use.

Interesting. Floor space is nice, but when solo, it isn't that vital. Just more places to pile my junk! :p

Suppose Firefly will show up eventually (is she sailing?) and clarify for me. I might grab it while I can.

I saw the post, but cant add anything to what I said before. I have seen pictures of this cabin with two twins. I booked and stayed in the other two, on deck 6 and 8 and both had two twins. I got a chance to move from the one on deck 7 to deck 8 so I changed cabins.. nice cabin. wider than regular. Id pick it in a NY minute.

I cant prove its still two twins.. as I lost a lot of my pictures when I reformatted.

E183 on both the Fantasy ans Fascination, upper/lower. Great room for a solo and centrally located to all the fun. Also quiet at night. I have cruised in these rooms several times, my PVP always ask if I want the same room. YES

Note: The closet door rattles at night in E183 on the Fascination, I just push the chair up against it, to stop it.

That's good to hear. I have U171 booked on Fascination, almost directly below that cabin!

Thanks. I think the scenario I described above is what happened. Way back when, these cabins were upper/lower. Since there was so much room, they put the 2nd twin in and don't use the upper. I'm surprised they haven't changed them to cat 4s.

Think I'll grab it while I can.

• 4 weeks later...

I booked it! It's a port-intensive cruise, and I'll probably be solo, so I went ahead and grabbed it. The ones above and below were already booked, so I decided I shouldn't wait.

And with now paying 200% deposit, more than half the cruise is paid for, 14 months before sailing. Given that I have a B2B coming up and am paying for DDs trip for Leg 2, I'm not thrilled to have this added expense on my credit card.

But, hey! I'll get to the point level soon where I can redeem for a $200 voucher to apply and it will be nearly paid for. :D

And if I can talk anyone into joining me, we'll have a great cabin at a great 1A price.

• 1 month later...