Maybe back to Princess and have ??s

39august

We last sailed Princess in 2002. Here are some questions. 1. We are Elite ( I think, have 6 cruises). Are there any perks? 2. Is there a Welcome Back cocktail party for repeat cruisers? 3. Are there any perks with a mini-suite? 4. Is Sabatini's worth the surcharge? We did brunch in Sabatini's back when that was offered. 5. Do they still offer free champagne before doing the champagne fountain? 6. Is there a wine package that saves a bit over buying by the bottle?

We last sailed Princess in 2002. Here are some questions. 1. We are Elite ( I think, have 6 cruises). Are there any perks? 2. Is there a Welcome Back cocktail party for repeat cruisers? 3. Are there any perks with a mini-suite? 4. Is Sabatini's worth the surcharge? We did brunch in Sabatini's back when that was offered. 5. Do they still offer free champagne before doing the champagne fountain?

1) not sure - we aren't elite yet, but I think a different check in line, internet package, and others.

2) yes, by invitation

4) not really - a glass of champagne when you arrrive in your stateroom by your steward.

4) YES - but don't recall is a brunch was offered on our last 2 CB cruises

5) yes

We last sailed Princess in 2002. Here are some questions. 1. We are Elite ( I think, have 6 cruises). Are there any perks? 2. Is there a Welcome Back cocktail party for repeat cruisers? 3. Are there any perks with a mini-suite? 4. Is Sabatini's worth the surcharge? We did brunch in Sabatini's back when that was offered. 5. Do they still offer free champagne before doing the champagne fountain? 6. Is there a wine package that saves a bit over buying by the bottle?

With 6 cruises, unless they were VERY long voyages (adding up to over 150 days sailing with Princess), you would be Platinum in the Captain's Circle. For Elite, you need over 150 days or over 15 sailings to reach that level. If you are indeed Elite, then you will receive everything from free laundry and dry cleaning to appetizers delivered on formal night plus a limited free internet package now.

Always a welcome back party.

Very few perks with a mini suite on Princess, a glass of champagne in your stateroom delivered by your room steward and a nicer room with better towels etc.

Yes, champagne is offered still during the champagne waterfall.

We have dined at Sabatinis several times, but in general don't anymore. Way too much food in one sitting for us. Sabatinis no longer offer the brunch as they did when it first began on the ships we have sailed on.

1. to be Elite you must have completed 15 cruises or have at least 150 nights on Princess prior to your cruise. Unless you took real long cruises, you will be platinum (based on 6 cruises). As platinum, you get priority boarding and an internet credit of $75 to $200, depending n the length of your cruise.

2. Yes, there is a welcome back party for past cruisers. It is usually on the second formal night.

3. Just the extra space

5. Free champagne at the waterfall. It is usually about 11pm one night.

Make sure your Captain's Circle number is included in your reservation.

We like eating at the Sterling Steakhouse. The charge isn't as much as Sabatini's and the food is just as good. Another new thing being brought out on the ships is the Chef's Table. You have to get on the list as soon as possible once you board. It's $75/person but I understand it is worth it. I'm hoping the Golden will have it in November. I want to try it out.

Archived