Seabourn Sails/SALES!!???

luvtodance

Many of the cabins on each ship are the same but the difference in price is location. So, try to book early to get a good rate. And there are differences in price based on itinerary so try to look for itineraries that interest you that might be discounted more than others. But, I do believe the secret is to book early.

Keith

I've been seeing more & more "sales" on the Seabourn website recently although I'm not sure if they are real "sales" or simply marketing tricks. However, I'm certain we will see real sales on all the lines next year when new luxury and mass-market ships go into service and over-all capacity is greatly increased. Seabourn will not be exempt from this.

Luvtodance,

Your travel agent, if they are Virtuoso or another good agent that specializes in luxury cruising, should be able to advise you which itineraries offer the best value for where and when you want to travel.

They also get the "special offers and sale" notices first, so I have been able to jump on a great offer quickly to take advantage of selected discounts when only a few cabins are offered at the lower prices.

Luvtodance,

Your travel agent, if they are Virtuoso or another good agent that specializes in luxury cruising, should be able to advise you which itineraries offer the best value for where and when you want to travel.

They also get the "special offers and sale" notices first, so I have been able to jump on a great offer quickly to take advantage of selected discounts when only a few cabins are offered at the lower prices.

In all honesty, it's so easy to use the Seabourn Web Site to figure out which cruises are discounted. I do believe that the key to all of this is to book early to get a nice selection of cabins at the price point that one is looking for.

In all our cruises, we find the cruise that we want and then we have the TA book it for us. It's so easy between just going to the web site and/or just looking through the cruise brochure. I don't think there is any magic to all of this.

I agree with Chairsin. Two other ways to realize additional savings. As Chairsin mentioned is to be a past cruiser of one of the cruise lines owned by Carnival and the other one is two combine two cruises that can provide significant savings. I remember the first time we cruised with Seabourn many of the season seabourn passengers combined the 18 day cruise we had of South America with a 7 day cruise that went from Buenos Aires up to Brazil and with the discounts the addition of the 7 day cruise was almost free.

Keith

I have found the past few years booking a Grand Voyage (26 days or more) is an excellent value. And booking aboard (or book an "open" booking) is an additional 5%. My TA (Virtuoso) discounts another 5%.

But the real key is to book as early as possible. I usually book 2 years in advance in order to grab my preferred suite.:D

Martita B.

Beware that some of the 18 days or longer cruises are only 40% off especially if they sell well. Still a great deal.

Another good reason to book early. Sometimes they are capacity controlled. Sometimes you book early, get the cabin you want, get the lower price (eg., 50% off). If you wait longer, the cabins you want may likely be gone and if they ship is sailing well the discounts are not so good.

As Martha said, I firmly believe in booking early sometimes the day that the new cruises post. This approach has served me well.

Keith

Archived