"Country club casual"

tommy275

I don't spend too much time in country clubs, so perhaps this is why I'm confused.

Anyway, for the "Informal" nights, which they sneakily added to my upcoming cruise, I plan on wearing "slacks" and button-down shirts.

For the "County club casual" nights, can I assume that some people will be sporting khakis, tommy bahama-style button-down/collared shirts, and nice shoes, as they do at my white collar job? I mean, I don't have to dress like I'm going before the judge every night, do I?

Any feedback would be appreciated, unless you tell me that I have to wear "slacks" every night. :)

Apologies if this has been covered a million times.

Your sense of things is accurate. We're not "country club"people either, but we were never uncomfortable on the ship. For informal nights, slacks and button down shirt is fine-- but you will definitely need a jacket; not a tie, too, just the jacket.

Your sense of things is accurate. We're not "country club"people either, but we were never uncomfortable on the ship. For informal nights, slacks and button down shirt is fine-- but you will definitely need a jacket; not a tie, too, just the jacket.

yeah, have the jacket too. forgot about that when mentioning my planned ensamble.

so for the country club nights, khakis, yes?

Khakis are fine. In fact, for informal nights, dh usually wears his blazer with "khaki" pants (tho not the "jeans" kind of khakis).

We're very much not "country club set," neither of us cares a whole lot about clothes, I don't wear dresses or gown (pants and nice tops)-- but we've always felt very comfortable on Regent. This'll be our third cruise-- we love it. You'll see a certain number of people who dress to the nines (I enjoy seeing it), and at "informal" night, many will probably be more "dressed" than you; many folks adore dressing up. I hope I'm correct that you'll feel comfortable 100% of the time.

(I hope that people who are more "into" clothes than I will chime in. Ye gads, I hope I'm not misleading you-- I don't think so.)

Husband usually wears his khakis and button down shirt on country club casual nights. We used to be in the country club set (till my husband got into his current ranching phase), and a collared shirt and khakis are appropriate casual attire for males.

I usually wear a cute dress or nice slacks and top.

• 1 month later...
Sorry for revisiting but tell me if I have this correctly for men's attire:

CCC: Khakis and collared shirts

Informal: slacks and jackets but ties are not required

Formal: Suits?

yes, that was my experience. although we didn't have an formal nights (but I'd think dark suits are fine)

You got it right, Vaitape, although formal can also be tuxedos, if desired. I'd love to see David in a tuxedo, but a dark suit is going a long way for him already...

BTW, I have never worn a "gown" on these cruises--last time I did that was the high school prom. :rolleyes:

Well, we will be eating in our stateroom when we book any cruise other than the PG as my husband has informed me that he will not pack a sport coat for a vacation......period. Guess that settles that for me. Never mind, room service is good......

Thanks Wendy for the Oceania suggestion.

We'll probably stay closer to home for awhile.....BUT if some great fare comes along, well, that's a different story....and we can enjoy room service on "jacket nights". I can flex to get on a ship with my best friend.

Vaitape, I hear you. We're booked on Voyager next December, Rio to FLL, 14 nights. It has 2 formal nights, and several informal nights. David will cope, I will pack his suit, and he will wear it sometimes.

But that's if we go at all--feeling very tapped out right now, and who knows if we'll make this trip. Friends of ours just got back from 6 weeks in a rented villa on Crete--that's sounding pretty good right now, and I bet a lot cheaper.

I will be boarding the Navigator tomorrow and after a few days will try to report what I see in the dining room. Hope this will help.

Vivian

Thank you Vivian,

We board in Cape Town and will be VERY interested in your reports.

Have a super cruise!

Thanks vi1234!!

Wendy, hmmmm, villa in Crete? Please share all......over a glass of non-Yellow Tail in December.....wahoo!!! Tomorrow is November......we're getting closer....

Again, thanks everyone for clarifying the dress codes/suitable attire. Appreciate you mucho!

Tell me about it! You must have your docs by now, or will have any day! We just had a drink with our cruise mate Jim, and he's pumped and gabbling about details. Guess we'll be getting our documents next week or the week after. Hope we get our cabin numbers then. can't wait!!

Vaitape, that's one of the reasons I originally *chose* the PG in 2000--the dress code! I would not have gotten David to buy a suit or take his one sports jacket on that first cruise!

We may not know our cabin number before you leave, but I'm hoping that we'll know when we get our docs--I'm checking the website almost every day! Looking forward to having that balcony on the PG--finally!!

Archived