balcony guarantees

bingies

The worst that you can get is a cabin that you would never book on your own... :eek:

with that out of my system I would never do this choice due to the fact of what I stated above. I have to know what I am getting in a cabin. and if you cannot take that then I would not do this. Some have great stories and others have nightmares. So do as you wish but "buyer beware" should be added to any Guaranty selection IMHO

The worst part of going balcony guarantee is you might get a cabin that:

1. has an obstructed view,

2. is over or under potential noise makers--chairs scraping, band music,

3. all the way forward --where the ship movement is much more noticeable)

4. is near a high traffic area--like the elevators

However, you also might get for the same money:

1. an upgrade

2. a hump cabin or better

3. a standard balcony with an awesome view

The best thing about a balcony guarantee is that you are guaranteed to get one with the possible chance for an even better (upgrade) cabin.

We decided to take a chance this time and go with the balcony guarantee. We've been assigned a balcony 2 upgrades from what we paid, almost mid-ship, and a handicap access (which translates to bigger room and bigger balcony than the standard one). Woohoo!! Am I excited? You bet:D

Some people have gotten even better cabins like junior suites. But I sure am not complaining because I paid a low balcony guarantee and am getting a great room.

Oh, and before I forget, another drawback is that you may or may not know your cabin assignment until you show up at the pier. We were assigned our cabin just last week and we now are a month away.

Hope this helps.

The elevators give no noise to passenger cabin hallways, so don't worry about that! Those rooms are very convenient!

And really, for the price, a balcony gty is a good way to save. You won't get anything LESS than a balcony, and may get a larger room (luck o' the draw!!)

Even if there is a partial obstruction, it's never a complete obstruction, so you'll have a fine view.

The worst part of going balcony guarantee is you might get a cabin that:

1. has an obstructed view,

2. is over or under potential noise makers--chairs scraping, band music,

3. all the way forward --where the ship movement is much more noticeable)

4. is near a high traffic area--like the elevators

However, you also might get for the same money:

1. an upgrade

2. a hump cabin or better

3. a standard balcony with an awesome view

The best thing about a balcony guarantee is that you are guaranteed to get one with the possible chance for an even better (upgrade) cabin.

We decided to take a chance this time and go with the balcony guarantee. We've been assigned a balcony 2 upgrades from what we paid, almost mid-ship, and a handicap access (which translates to bigger room and bigger balcony than the standard one). Woohoo!! Am I excited? You bet:D

Some people have gotten even better cabins like junior suites. But I sure am not complaining because I paid a low balcony guarantee and am getting a great room.

Oh, and before I forget, another drawback is that you may or may not know your cabin assignment until you show up at the pier. We were assigned our cabin just last week and we now are a month away.

Hope this helps.

You contradicted yourself when you say that a disadvantage would be to be near an elevator and an advantage to be given a cabin on the hump. They are the same cabin.

Had 2 cabins booked for inside mid 9th deck...bal. guar. came on at around the same price(but had to give up 200$ sr. discount)sooo got a 300$ discount for being diamond and got a D superior for less than inside-same deck a few cabins away... and they put us side by side-I would say we won! Rccl has always worked with us-that is why most of the time(esp.) if I am booking more than one cabin on family trips-like 4!- I book direct...gained lot's of space and a balcony and a happy group.(our cat. is now 400$ more p.p.)

Archived