Dancing With The Stars--New Season

kitty9

Oh I think Susan Lucci looks terrible. I think she looks like the walking dead. There's a difference between fit and "so skinny you may fall over dead". Not a good look at all. All you see are her HUGE teeth because her face is so tiny. She needs a little chub in her cheeks to look a little more healthy! Now Jane Seymore was fit. She looked awesome for a 60 some year old.

Susan Lucci does not look fit at all. She just looks skinny.

Jane Seymore and Pricilla Presley looked a lot more fit at

their age than Susan. Just because someone is skinny does

not mean they are fit.:rolleyes:

Oh I 100% agree with that! I guess it's just that to me, she IS fit, and NOT skinny. And I think she has a lot of "chub in her cheeks", too. Any more, and she'd look like her cheeks would explode! :-)

Just a difference in perceptions I guess. :)

Personally I think Lucci looks great physically - for 62, or much younger.

And who says you have to gain weight when you age???? Staying fit has nothing to do with wrinkles. :cool:

dwts-susanlucci22.jpg

I don't think I said staying fit had anything to do with wrinkles.:cool:

But someone as skinny as Susan will surely wrinkle faster than

someone with a little meat on their bones. :)

You don't HAVE to gain weight when you age but a little muscle

mass doesn't hurt. That picture looks a lot better than she did

the last couple of nights.;)

I don't think I said staying fit had anything to do with wrinkles.:cool:

But someone as skinny as Susan will surely wrinkle faster than

someone with a little meat on their bones. :)

You don't HAVE to gain weight when you age but a little muscle

mass doesn't hurt. That picture looks a lot better than she did

the last couple of nights.;)

You know, I didn't see her dance - I only saw them interviewing her. And I thought she did have some definition, some tone, to her arms. More than those skinny models that stroll the runways. But I'll try to watch her next time...she certainly could have dropped some pounds since that pic. ;)

Someone I know mentioned that Monday night Susan looked dehydrated, which could appear as "too skinny" and drawn to other people. She said that Tuesday night she had a lot more life in her skin. It's very possible that Susan wasn't drinking enough water on Monday and that is what many of us saw. Also, I think it was a case of the makeup on Monday night did not do her any favors.

It looked to me like Cheryl Burke had gained about 20 pounds over prior seasons...I mean she did not look fat...but she did not look as thin as she has in the past seasons...I think about 20 pounds plus is about right...:cool:

I thought so too. I am watching Misty and Max.

I think Carrie said Susan looked 'frail', which she did, the first night--and that costume made her look kind of scary skinny. She looked better tonight, but has obviously had a lot of work done to her face, which is much too tight and plumped in some areas.

Now, I'm 63, so I do understand why someone in the entertainment industry gets work done; I just wish it looked more natural.

Well, surprisingly we will get to see Cloris Leachman at least one more week. I'd like to see her dance every week, but then shut her up...please. The silliness has got to go. She is not funny, just silly. Worse, she slows down the tempo of the show.

She could be a spectacular role model for older women and soon-to-be older women who can strive to dance as well as she does, but I'm afraid she is doing them a disservice with the pointless antics. How does her ever-patient partner stand her?

Lastly, I'm 65. I'm not sure when I am 82 that I want to bare so much of my bosom for the public. I was so hoping Leachman would be dressed in elegant gowns, not Carmen Miranda frou-frou outifts. How about something artfully revealing and demure at the same time?

I don't think they are doing Cloris any favors with her costumes, make-up and hairdo's either. Way over the top. She looks much better in her 'normal' mode when she is in her regular hair and clothes. Elegant and classic costumes would suit her much better.

I also wish she'd tone down the silly so-called humor and show some class. It's like she's trying to take over the show.

I don't think they are doing Cloris any favors with her costumes, make-up and hairdo's either. Way over the top. She looks much better in her 'normal' mode when she is in her regular hair and clothes. Elegant and classic costumes would suit her much better.

I also wish she'd tone down the silly so-called humor and show some class. It's like she's trying to take over the show. You can be 82, funny and yet not crass.

Well in my opinion this is surely a popularity contest as Cloris should have left last nite rather than Ted. Now Ted bless his heart he was not the best dancer but he sure was a whole lot better than Cloris. She truly needs to go. I would also like to see her in elegant gowns rather than the trashy ones they put her in.

marilyn

Well in my opinion this is surely a popularity contest as Cloris should have left last nite rather than Ted. Now Ted bless his heart he was not the best dancer but he sure was a whole lot better than Cloris. She truly needs to go. I would also like to see her in elegant gowns rather than the trashy ones they put her in.

marilyn

We didn't watch last night, DVR'd it. I went to another board to find out who left. I agree, Ted wasn't the best, but I was surprised. I am also concerned about Lance because I don't think the judges like Lacy, she is not traditional enough for them. We'll see next week.

We didn't watch last night, DVR'd it. I went to another board to find out who left. I agree, Ted wasn't the best, but I was surprised. I am also concerned about Lance because I don't think the judges like Lacy, she is not traditional enough for them. We'll see next week.

I don't really care for Lacey either. She seems too rough-around-the edges and her style just doesn't seem polished and professional to me. This is not SYTYCD, and I feel that while she's talented, she is too edgy and doesn't really fit into DWTS.

I don't really care for Lacey either. She seems too rough-around-the edges and her style just doesn't seem polished and professional to me. This is not SYTYCD, and I feel that while she's talented, she is too edgy and doesn't really fit into DWTS.

Donna, I agree. I liked her on SYTYCD and was really surprised when I read she was going to be on DWTS. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Dona (with 1 "n" :D )

I too liked Lacey on SYTYCD, but I think she is trying too hard to be like some of the more original and experimental choreoraphers on that show. Also it seems as if she has gained some substantial weight since she appeared on the show.

Well, that part doesn't matter so much. But I do think she is trying to be too creative and is not sticking to the more traditional rules the judges on DWTS prefer. I just hope Lance Bass will not be the victim in this. He has very good potential which may not be realized if Lacey sticks her neck out too far.

I agree with the masses here, Lacy did not do her partner any justice. She is a wonderful contempory dancers and really loved her on SYTYCD. But her quick step was a mess. She was completely out of dance position the whole time, she was ahead of him instead of letting him lead, they were no partnership skiils which is critical for ballroom. Her contemporoary spin on the dance just did not work. Just because you are a great dancer of one style does not make you a great teacher of another and I think this is coming through. She may need some coaching lessons herself to help her partner.

Another post here that fustrated me.... I bet that a judge would never even think to tell someone in public that they need to loose weight, are too fat and if they did, we all here would be all over them. Yet there seemed to be no problem telling Susan Lucci that she was too skinny or frail and that this comments was accepted in large, by the group here... Any comments like this, although they have some merit if it helps her dancing, should not be done in public but in priviate.

Personally I can tell you being a competitor myself ,you put youself way out there and certainly out of the comfort zone. Comments can be extremly hurtful and discourgaing when every gown decision, hair and make-up choice, slight wieght gain is commented on, instead of your dancing... I know it is tempting to say such things but it doesnt make it right.....Just food for thought.

Thanks for starting this thread and letting me know about the new series. In the UK Dancing with the stars is shown on the Friday after the show at 9.30pm, which is......right now :eek:

So I'm off to watch it :) Does the UK version 'Strictly Come Dancing' get shown in the US? It started here last Saturday, my family are all huge fans, we went to see the live show on tour last January....fabulous!

I was disappointed Cloris didn't get booted again. I almost feel sorry for her. It's just as if she is reverting to childhood antics to be noticed. I feel sad watching her. And she is not really dancing, just looming around her partner. I don't believe this is fair to those that have put a lot of sweat into their highly mobile routines.

I agree about Cheryl's weight gain. It is suttle but noticable. She still has a great bod, no matter what.

I noticed Lucci doesn't seem to shine and have the charisma I thought she would.

Tom Bergeron is a super host. I just love his sense of humor. He has cracked me up every night with his one liners!

Archived