Printing out boarding pass

Big Al B.

I can see why... If you don't make the final payment it is a worthless piece of paper. There is plenty of time to do the online check in after you pay in full.
I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for the Prinsendam 10/2 cruise and all of my online check-in information and credit card says it's "complete" but it still won't allow me to print my boarding pass; it says, "Pending." Oh well... I have my cruise ticket so I guess it's not that important.

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for the Prinsendam 10/2 cruise and all of my online check-in information and credit card says it's "complete" but it still won't allow me to print my boarding pass; it says, "Pending." Oh well... I have my cruise ticket so I guess it's not that important.

That's strange. :confused: When one of the headings says "pending" it's supposed to let you in to complete the action.

It won't?

But then again, it's the weekend, and that often means the HAL website doesn't work. It gets time off, too, I guess. :rolleyes:

That's strange. :confused: When one of the headings says "pending" it's supposed to let you in to complete the action.

It won't?

But then again, it's the weekend, and that often means the HAL website doesn't work. It gets time off, too, I guess. :rolleyes:

It's been that way for a couple of weeks, i.e., I've been unable to print it out. I also wasn't able to click on or edit anything that was "Pending." I'm not going to worry about it. :) At this point, my docs are packed and since you can't just sign in without knowing your booking # (who the heck remembers all their booking #s? What a pain!), I'm going to forget it. They'll know who I am when I get to the dock.

Since the message I got indicated you couldn't print until you were paid in full, (actual message is "The Signature Boarding pass can only be printed when the booking is paid in full. Please review your booking or contact your travel professional.") My status on Embarkation, Expenses, and Disembarkation shows complete, with boarding pass pending.

I'm wondering if the problem comes from the fact that if you go through a TA you can't ever check on things like payment status through the HAL website. Perhaps that's why Pam hasn't been able to print hers out.

That is strange.

We use a personal TA. She calls and lets us know when she has made final payment and that a copy is in the mail for us. (No we do not have to send her money weeks in advance like I have read here that some people do.)

And yes we are able to check on our payment status using our booking number.

In my situation, I got the "unable to print before that final payment" notice for my November 1, 2008, Oosterdam sailing. After final payment, I was getting the "Pending" notice in the print area. In going back through the process several time, I eventually noticed that I had neglected to select a 'Country of Residence' on that page of the registration. Once I corrected that omission, I was able to print the Boarding Pass. If you're getting the "Pending" notice, try going through the process again. I notice that Pam is already sailing (:) ), but, maybe this will help others.

Archived