Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I was told that some bargains,are to be found when a cruise line releases its next year's schedule. I think Royal Caribbean released its 2017 list of cruises the second week in April.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

VTG lists lots of Harmony of the Seas cruises with 0% single supplements (Caribbean - Nov. 12, Dec. 3, Dec. 10, Dec. 31, Feb. 4, Feb. 11, Feb. 25, Mar. 11, Mar. 18, Apr. 15, Apr. 28; and Barcelona! July 2, Aug. 7, Sept. 25, Oct. 2, Oct. 9, Oct. 16).

Also... Pullmantur's Monarch (ex of RCI) has several 0% single supplement repositioning sailings, several very affordable: Bilbao or Lisbon to Panama, 13-15 days for $225-250pp single or double... oh NUTS!! I didn't call to book the spring repos for the same rates, and they're GONE!! Gotta jump on this stuff...

Oh, actually they're still there... but they have a 50% solo supp, so the 15 nighter is $412 as a solo in an inside, $622 in an OV... still amazing for one of my favorite old ships... fortunately I do speak Spanish, so this is a real possibility...

Edited by EmpressofPurple

VTG lists lots of Harmony of the Seas cruises with 0% single supplements (Caribbean - Nov. 12, Dec. 3, Dec. 10, Dec. 31, Feb. 4, Feb. 11, Feb. 25, Mar. 11, Mar. 18, Apr. 15, Apr. 28; and Barcelona! July 2, Aug. 7, Sept. 25, Oct. 2, Oct. 9, Oct. 16).

Also... Pullmantur's Monarch (ex of RCI) has several 0% single supplement repositioning sailings, several very affordable: Bilbao or Lisbon to Panama, 13-15 days for $225-250pp single or double... oh NUTS!! I didn't call to book the spring repos for the same rates, and they're GONE!! Gotta jump on this stuff...

My experience with looking at harmony is that it's zero supplement because there are studio cabins. But they are so OUTRAGEOUS that I haven't booked them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh, actually they're still there... but they have a 50% solo supp, so the 15 nighter is $412 as a solo in an inside, $622 in an OV... still amazing for one of my favorite old ships... fortunately I do speak Spanish, so this is a real possibility...

EmpressofPurple, do you book via VTG for these deals, or call the cruise line to match? I have had people warn me away from VTG for other travel. What is your experience. Thanks.

i used to check VTG frequently, and then booked directly with the cruiseline. Now i use Cruiseplum.com as a search engine....but it doesnt include smaller lines like Cunard and Pulmanter.

They also don't seem to quote solo deals on Holland America - but maybe there aren't any. I have never seen the same pricing on VTG and cruise line site. I guess you phone and discuss the pricing instead?

EmpressofPurple, do you book via VTG for these deals, or call the cruise line to match? I have had people warn me away from VTG for other travel. What is your experience. Thanks.

I, for one, have booked about ten cruises on VTG and never, ever, had a problem. And the last cruise, on the NCL Sun, was a zero supplement deal that went down fine.

How last minute can you book a cruise... I thought there was cut off after 9/11....

I can't travel last minute as I still work full time..... are all the solo bargains...last minute sailings.??

I agree that most of the solo bargains are last minute. In my case, I can leave work on short notice, but the challenge is finding reasonably priced airfare at the last minute. As well there is insufficient time to arrange tours and do research in order to get the most out of the trip. With that said, last month I booked a beautiful deluxe interior cabin on Cunard for a med sailing this fall at a crazy low price for this quality of ship, so it can be done if you just keep looking.

I have a full suite booked on the Emerald Princess for 14 day med cruise in August. My rate was cheaper than an inside. The deal was listed here and on cruiseplum.com. First suite for me. It pays to check frequently.

I have a full suite booked on the Emerald Princess for 14 day med cruise in August. My rate was cheaper than an inside. The deal was listed here and on cruiseplum.com. First suite for me. It pays to check frequently.

Congrats on the suite and on the price:).

Massive listing for Celebrity line

solos on Cruiseplum posted today...whoops--looks like they boo booed. Those are prices for 2 people in a cabin (at least for 3 I looked up on Celebrity)

Edited by lizinindy

Can it be possible that Celebrity is not charging a solo supplement? I checked several of the C postings n cruiseplum. If you scroll down to more information, click on and go to Celebrity website. Change to one passenger and per person rate is same!! Is this Celebrity's mistake? Or cruiseplums ?

Can it be possible that Celebrity is not charging a solo supplement? I checked several of the C postings n cruiseplum. If you scroll down to more information, click on and go to Celebrity website. Change to one passenger and per person rate is same!! Is this Celebrity's mistake? Or cruiseplums ?

I have been cruising with Celebrity for many, many years (solo) and I

think it would be Cruiseplum's mistake. Celebrity has always charged

a SS.

I went to the Celebrity website and did a mock booking for 1....the price

doubles (as usual) so I think something must be up with the Cruiseplum

website.

I have had discussion with the plum over price inconsistency, there are quite a few that do not match cruise line fares some the taxes are wrong.

I have been trying to work out what is going wrong to do further reports to help them identity issues, I price uk as well and issues there as well.

I think the cruise lines have caught on and manipulate prices to trigger the price watching sites.

I have had discussion with the plum over price inconsistency, there are quite a few that do not match cruise line fares some the taxes are wrong.

I have been trying to work out what is going wrong to do further reports to help them identity issues, I price uk as well and issues there as well.

I think the cruise lines have caught on and manipulate prices to trigger the price watching sites.

I have a cruise that I was watching. The price stayed consistent on cruise plum for the last several months (and is still there). The ACTUAL price went up three times and then became unavailable-- the category has been sold out since March.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You know what they say, "When it sounds too good to be true . . ."

I hope cruiseplum takes action to quickly correct the website. I did get a great deal through using their site. ( Not on Celebrity )

I emailed Cruiseplum to let them know they'd posted incorrect prices for their post yesterday at 3 pm. I got a response that they had corrected it so I went to the Celebrity website and their prices for 1 in a cabin are now TRIPLE the regular rate. Something crazy is going on for sure!