Rev Neal -Where are you!

geocruiser

Hi,

I have not seen Rev Neal on the CC lately. I did go back to an old thread and found out that he has been working hard.

Rev. Try to take a break! We miss your input here.

So, if you want to encourage him to take a break. Post your encouragement below

[/size]

Maria

I'm sure he is catching up and trying to rest after his last trip but this is a good opportunity to tell hin "Thank You" for the hours of great reading and information I gobbled up from him before signing up to actually participate here and after. His level perspective gives comfort to new readers. So even new readers miss his fine mind. Though I do like that he may be resting up for life's catchup and his next cruise. He is a wonderful part of the beauty of this website.

Yes, Rev Neals posts are always very informative and to the point ... someone you can rely on with a correct answer.

The last exchange I had with him was related to the dress code that I increasingly got confused about. I had this vision of everyone overdresing. He rode in on a steed and offered up pictures to answer the question once and for all for me. Nothing to worry about, just dress respectfully and comfortable was my visual from the pictures. All the words in the world did less than a handful of pictures from him. I love that about him. I went from wondering if I made a mistake to being very pleased about our upcoming trip. He does have a way about him to get to correct answers. ;)

Greg posted yesterday (or at least it was after I signed off late Saturday night; I read it yesterday). He's not only been very busy on the professional front, but tending to family matters on the personal front.

His grandmother is quite ill, and he is putting her, and his mother, ahead of Cruise Critic for the time being.

Thank you all for your very kind words of concern.

As Ruth indicated, I posted on Saturday night about being busy with work and family concerns; she summarized it quite well. It's not that I've enjoyed being too busy to read and post here; it's that I've had to prioritize my time. Right now I'm sitting in my grandmother's hospital room while my mother goes to a doctor's appointment of her own. My grandmother is sleeping, but when she is awake there not much there. My prayer is her passing is easy; after a century of life, she deserves a quiet and uneventful embarkation onto the eternal cruise.

I look forward to the day -- hopefully soon -- when I'll be able to expend some of my free time on this board again. I've got several cruises to look forward to and get excited about, but as of right now I just can't afford the time to do anything other than the barest of minimal preparations.

Again, thank you all for your kind words and your concern.

The last exchange I had with him was related to the dress code that I increasingly got confused about. I had this vision of everyone overdresing. He rode in on a steed and offered up pictures to answer the question once and for all for me. Nothing to worry about, just dress respectfully and comfortable was my visual from the pictures. All the words in the world did less than a handful of pictures from him. I love that about him. I went from wondering if I made a mistake to being very pleased about our upcoming trip. He does have a way about him to get to correct answers.

I am honored by your kind words and I am pleased that I was able to be of some help with my posts and photographs. We so often get ourselves whipped up into frenzies on this board regarding dress codes, etc. For the most part, it is all so incredibly useless. The code is clear. Some people will ignore it, most will observe it; after several years of battle over it, I've decided to let it all go and dress up as I desire.

As Ruth indicated, I posted on Saturday night about being busy with work and family concerns; she summarized it quite well. It's not that I've enjoyed being too busy to read and post here; it's that I've had to prioritize my time. Right now I'm sitting in my grandmother's hospital room while my mother goes to a doctor's appointment of her own. My grandmother is sleeping, but when she is awake there not much there. My prayer is her passing is easy; after a century of life, she deserves a quiet and uneventful embarkation onto the eternal cruise.

I look forward to the day -- hopefully soon -- when I'll be able to expend some of my free time on this board again. I've got several cruises to look forward to and get excited about, but as of right now I just can't afford the time to do anything other than the barest of minimal preparations.

Good to see you drop in for a few monents -- so sorry about your grandmother. But a century of life --- to live so long and see so and learn so much in a life time.

Prayers being said for your family..

Glad to hear you are well and so sorry about your mom and grandmom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and with them as well, Greg.

Rev Neal - I don't think you and I agree all the time but I do respect your opinions and look for them in the posts. Being able to give comfort to a special person in your life on their "embarkation onto the eternal cruise" will hopefully be of comfort to both of you. I will be thinking of you, your mother, and your grandmother.

Cherie

Archived