OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

Thank you Goddess & Jean, the photo was taken from the (recreated) Old North Bridge which was the site of the "shot heard round the world" and in essence the start of the American Revolution. The Old Manse was home to Nathaniel Hawthorne and Ralph Waldo Emerson and has a garden planted by Henry David Thoreau as a wedding gift to Hawthorne and his bride. A must see site for anyone who visits Boston for sure!

2719978170104346996S600x600Q85.jpg

2337377880104346996S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you Cruiser Forever and NMCruzzin! It was nice to be in warmer weather since it was almost -30 degrees here but that sky you see was the way the sky looked every day. We saw the sun for about 10 minutes over the 5 days.

While we were walking in a nearby forest with our snowshoes a couple of weeks ago, I saw this little bud with snowflakes on it and thought "This poor little thing is just waiting there for next Spring" !

2985407040054935757S600x600Q85.jpg

Alain R.

• 2 weeks later...
More furry friends...

May daughter's cat Kimmy...in a pose titled "Cattitude":

medium.jpg

Al little whimsy for the group.

Dave

Love this "Cattitude" ! :D

Sometimes, when I grab my camera and point it to our cat, he looks away or do something strange... That day, he turned on his back and put his paw in his face... so I called this one "Oh no ! Not another photo !"...

2164446940054935757S600x600Q85.jpg

It's funny all the things they can do !

Alain R.

That is a great shot, Neil. Thanks for posting it. Any more you would like to share?

Go check in the photo gallery as I have a shot from the Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, a photo of the Grand Canal shot from the Rialto Bridge and a picture of Ephesus, Turkey.

BTW, thanks for the comment. I have thought that I may have chosen the wrong profession on occasion and a photographer in the DC area has told me that I should sell my photos to restaurants.

Neil

This photo was taken of my dog, Kookie.

Neil

Kookie is a real cutie. Thanks for posting the photo. :D

Go check in the photo gallery as I have a shot from the Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, a photo of the Grand Canal shot from the Rialto Bridge and a picture of Ephesus, Turkey.

BTW, thanks for the comment. I have thought that I may have chosen the wrong profession on occasion and a photographer in the DC area has told me that I should sell my photos to restaurants.

Neil

You should try to sell your photographs as a second income. You never know what it will lead to. I will check out the gallery to view your cruise photos of Europe. :D

Love this "Cattitude" ! :D

Sometimes, when I grab my camera and point it to our cat, he looks away or do something strange... That day, he turned on his back and put his paw in his face... so I called this one "Oh no ! Not another photo !"...

2164446940054935757S600x600Q85.jpg

It's funny all the things they can do !

Alain R.

That's not a cat...that's a ham!

Dave

Archived