Was your seconde cruise as exciting as your first cruise??

Krazy Kruizers

Our second cruise was also way better than the first, maybe because it was our first visit to the Med.

Now, I have to say that there hasn’t been another cruise that has lived up to our second cruise. But all of them have been wonderful and I truly believe it’s about making the most of where you at and who you are with:D

John

My second cruise was a dream compared to the first. My first was on Carnival, with my family, I was 21, a senior in college trying to get into med school, so at the time this Thanksgiving cruise with my folks was a major interruption in my life:p The cruise itself was terrible-we still talk about how bad the food was. I know now that we were on an older ship, there was no pampering or luxury happening here. There was one small pool, the entertainment was bad. I hate to be so negative but it was not a great ship....fast forward 8 years to my third anniversary cruise with my husband. Pure bliss. We loved the Golden Princess and we had such a great adventure. We got hooked and look forward to many more. We have had to take a break with pregnancies and work responsibilities but can not wait for the day to have 3-4 scheduled a year!

Each cruise has been more exciting than the one before it.: Actually, the second cruise I took many exciting excursions so that made the Alaska cruise very special. Being on the Rotterdam and going through the Panama Canal was great. On the Zuiderdam, I won a cruise so what could beat that? And then, I discovered cruise critic and became obsessed.

After the terrible first cruise that we had, I was so surprised that I was able to talk my wife into a second cruise; I really didn't have much time to get excited about the second cruise. I was hoping against hope that our second cruise would be one that we would enjoy. Thankfully, all went well on our second cruise and we couldn't wait for our third cruise.

My first was Sea Princess- Iberian Peninsular with girlfriends

My second was Sea Princess - Caribbean with DP, the first time in the Caribbean so it was very special, and even better than that it was a prize, so we didn't have to pay for it!! :D

Then MSC ( not impressed ), then Celebrity Galaxy and now not long to wait for our very first HAL :D :D

After the terrible first cruise that we had, I was so surprised that I was able to talk my wife into a second cruise; I really didn't have much time to get excited about the second cruise. I was hoping against hope that our second cruise would be one that we would enjoy. Thankfully, all went well on our second cruise and we couldn't wait for our third cruise.

I am so glad that your wife was able to be talked into taking a second cruise after a terrible first cruise and now you are both hooked on cruising.

My second cruise wasn't nearly as exciting as my first.

My first cruise was HAL to Bermuda. It was a perfect balance of sea and port time, with that wonderful HAL atmosphere.

The second cruise was a 7 ports in 7 days Caribbean on Cunard. I was much, much, much too young for the Cunard atmosphere at the time! I managed to find a good time, but it wasn't a good match for me.

Our first two cruises were both to Alaska. We enjoyed the second better I think because we were more aware of what to expect. The first was in an inside cabin, the second outside which was better. The first was R/T Vancouver and the second was a Southbound so we got the addition of a fourth port (Sitka) which we really enjoyed. Our third cruise (also Alaska) was even better--12 day R/T out of San Francisco.

Our first cruise was on Royal Princess and we loved it but knew something wasn't exactly right for us. We knew we liked cruising but thought there would be a cruise line that was a better fit for us.

This was many years ago, before internet and all we had were suggestions from friends. Our second cruise was our friends' suggestion and they joined us on a RCI (it was called Royal Caribbean Cruise Line at the time). We knew for sure we liked cruising but did not like that cruise line at all.

Our third cruise was Noordam III. We knew we had found the cruise line for us :) and we were right!

Our second cruise wins.

Our first as a couple was amazing because it was our honeymoon. But our second was even better. It was our 10th anniversary and it was a 10 day to the Panama Canal where as our first was a 7 day Western Carribean. The excursions on the second were much nicer. The ports were more interesting. And we weren't as nervous on the second cruise as we were our honeymoon cruise. :o ;) :D

I've never had a bad cruise. But to answer your question, our second was more exciting. First was the Sea Princess to Alaska. Wonderful! Second was the Rotterdam for 10 days of Canada/New England. We found more lovely scenery and beautiful people ... and a cruise line that has given us that something extra.

The first cruise was better for us -- it was our honeymoon.:) Our second cruise was twelve years later on the Big Red Boat. It was a four day nightmare on rough seas in November. No stabilizers back then and everyone (including the crew) was sick the entire time. I'd never been so happy to see land in my life! It was another twelve years before we ventured to cruise again. That one hooked us and we've been cruising 2-3 times per year since then.

My first experience with cruising was, in a word, a revelation. "Where has this been all of my life?":)

The second cruise came mighty quickly after that.

I'll rate the first slightly higher than the second, but only because I liked the itinerary better, i.e. Eastern Caribbean rather than Western Caribbean.

Just wondering -- was you second cruise as exciting as your first cruise?

Or were you disappointed? If so -- Why?

Oh yes, it was more exciting! Loved the first cruise (Amsterdam to Alaska) but our second cruise included Egypt and fulfilled a life-long dream of mine. It was 12 days on the Rotterdam, and we did a week pre-cruise in Paris and Rome. As much as we've loved every cruise, it will be hard (for me) to beat that 2nd one.

Just wondering -- was you second cruise as exciting as your first cruise?

Or were you disappointed? If so -- Why?

Our second is still our all time favorite. We were in the Galapagos, and Nowhere else can compare for us.

Our very first cruise was aboard Society Expeditions World Discoverer on the Amazon River. This was an expedition-style voyage that really can’t be compared to a mainstream cruise. It was very exciting & got us hooked on adventure travel & eco-cruising.

Our first mainstream cruise was aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam to Alaska & our next was aboard the Westerdam to the Caribbean. In every respect - ship, destination, itinerary, ports, enjoyment - our first HAL experience trumped the second.

Archived