Stock OBC not combinable after 10/15/08 with nextcruise

Also to confirm: Does final payment need to be made before applying for the shareholder credit?

I guess I better pay off a cruise and get my request into RCL this week.

NO....you can request the shareholder OBC anytime after making your deposit and getting a reservation number.

I'd always waited, but I didn't have any deadlines either. If that is so then I have two to do. Thanks.

Your very welcome!!!!

I sent my request for my last four confirmed bookings last Thursday.....I to always waited until a few months before sailing.

Thanks to this thread, I feel like I avoided another hassle with the fast and furious changes that are taking place.

Happy cruising!!!!!

Also bear in mind RCCL is attracting a growing group of international cruisers to whom the new onboard booking OBC never applied. It was becoming increasingly difficult to explain to international clients why they were NOT being afforded the same offer. The answer about it not being legal át some point no longer carried water because foreign legal eagle passengers were checking and finding out that that was just a cover up and that it was simply RCCL containing this offer to North American guests only.

Now that finances are tightening up RCCL seems to be scraping offers that benefit particular groups only and exclude others (unless they are earning on it like the Creditcards)

Recieved this, on 9/3/08, from the RCI Investor Relations Dept. If you look at the high- lighted phrase in the 3rd paragraph it may mean that if you are holding a NextCruise Certificate you could combine OBC and SHC. Comments!

Dear Sir,

We have received your message and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. However, RCL management has decided to implement these changes effective October 15, 2008.

Please find explanation of changes below.

For new bookings made on or after October 15, 2008, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has implemented some changes to our shareholder benefits program. The shareholder benefit is combinable with Crown & Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts, Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises Credit Card Reward Points redeemed for onboard credit or discounts, Senior/Military/Resident rates, Gift Certificates and Future Cruise Certificates. The shareholder benefit is not combinable with any other promotions or offers that include onboard credit.

In the event that two onboard credits are available on any one reservation, you may choose which onboard credit you prefer. Unless you specify otherwise, Royal Caribbean will issue the onboard credit with the higher value. This applies to Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises.

Please feel free to visit our Investor Relations website at www.rclinvestor.com for further details.

We thank you for your continued support.

RCL Investor Relations Department.

Ok now I am REALLY confused!!!! Is it or isn't it combinable?? To Next Cruise or not to Next Cruise??

Ok now I am REALLY confused!!!! Is it or isn't it combinable?? To Next Cruise or not to Next Cruise??

Looks to me like shareholder benefits are combinable with certain benefits:

"For new bookings made on or after October 15, 2008, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has implemented some changes to our shareholder benefits program. The shareholder benefit is combinable with Crown & Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts, Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises Credit Card Reward Points redeemed for onboard credit or discounts, Senior/Military/Resident rates, Gift Certificates and Future Cruise Certificates. The shareholder benefit is not combinable with any other promotions or offers that include onboard credit."

I don't know if there is even an answer to this yet, however, I wonder if you use your Next Cruise before October 15th and get the OBC and shareholder credit, then at some point AFTER October 15th you change your reservation toa different ship and date will you then lose the shareholder credit?

I guess until I started thinking of changing a current reservation I thought(off topic) that the fuel supplement would remain at the $5 per day but according to RCI my fuel supplement will then increase to the $10 per day if I change to a different ship and date or even the same ship different date.

I have done this twice, and both times I had to re-submit my request for shareholder credit. The shareholder credit did NOT carry over.

I have done this twice, and both times I had to re-submit my request for shareholder credit. The shareholder credit did NOT carry over.

Thanks, I didn't realize that it would not carryover. I better make sure to get it on there before the 15th as I also have OBC from Next cruise which is or is not combinable with Shareholder credit after the 15th.

The mark up doesn't matter; what matters is they are spending money given to them by RCL whereas if it wasn't for the OBC the passenger would be spending their own money. I think from a business stand point they are doing the right thing - there are just too many different types of discounts being combined.

Not entirely true. I spend RCL money much more freely than I do my own. I often choose not to spend my own money where as if i had an OBC, i'd spend that (and more) usually.

Two totally different mindsets for my cruising.

Archived