Change in government fees and taxes

Go-Bucks!

This seems to be happening a lot.

Our TA just sent us copies for port and government fee chanages for several of our cruises -- some went up and some went down.

After she paid off our November cruises, she received notice that one cruise had a drop in the taxes -- it is being returned on our credit card.

This past April/May while on a cruise, we received a letter in our cabin that the fees for Seattle were increased -- showed up on our bill at the end of the cruise.

My fees went up $20.83 or some such on my next booked ($10.xx per person), fully paid cruise. I was told if I didnt pay it, that the cruiseline could add it to my S&S card once onboard by my TA, so I got it taken care of. I wasnt going to ask for the rate drop until they told me that, so now they owe me money.

I don't think I would worry about a measly $5.00.

Well, it might be a "measly" amount, but it's the principle of the thing. They would surely make me pay $5 more if the fees went up, so I want to pay only what I really owe. Just think if all 1,950 passengers were made to feel badly if they wanted it back because it's such a "measly" amount - Princess would profit an additional $9,750! :rolleyes:

We just had a notice that the taxes on our next cruise (2 weeks) have gone up $.50 pp :eek: ! This charge will be added to our onboard account.

We've had this happen (both up and down) on almost every cruise we've been on. Sometimes our TA "eats" the $1.00 or so, sometimes we pay on our account.

Archived