How much was your Bar bill?

DDJK

Hi, that probably depends on how many nights your cruise is and how many ports you'll be visiting. I find that we tend to start earlier on sea days. We just returned from a 10 night transatlantic with five sea days. Our bar bill was just under $1000 for the two of us (of course we probably bought a round or two for some friends... then again, so did they)!

Hmmm. Well, I just returned from the Sensation with the Saints and Sinners... we pretty much drank from the time we woke up until we stumbled back to the cabins (buckets of Mimosa's always get you going ;) )... I bought a couple bottles of wine at dinner... and my bill for 5 days was $620. BUT, we were in port for two of those days... and I smuggled on 4 bottles which were NOT all consumed by me :D It really depends on how much you are drinking, what you are drinking, port days, etc. We cruised the Sensation l4 daysast year and our bill between 2 of us was around $700... we took along 2 bottles and were only in port one day... I budget $100 a day for myself for drinks... but always add some padding :D It would have been higher if we did not hit the bloody mary/mimosa specials in the morning... :D

Is that a 100 a day for one or two? I hear the drinks are exspensive.. Although if I started drinking in the morning I would never see the evening. Unless of cource I took a nap and then start all over again.. Dawn

Is that a 100 a day for one or two? I hear the drinks are exspensive.. Although if I started drinking in the morning I would never see the evening. Unless of cource I took a nap and then start all over again.. Dawn

$100 for me. Just me :D Drinks are really no more expensive than in a typical bar. They are very reasonable. If you drink beer, you can order the buckets and save a few pennies. Hit the happy hours and drink specials. There are ways to keep your bill low and still have PLENTY to drink! LOL!

We always figure it as taking another passenger on board! We count this in our budget and just have fun! Shore excursions, drinks (alcohol and non-alcohol), ship pictures, internet, tips, spa services and ship stores. You also have to figure in your expenses in the ports. It's still the best bargain in the vacation world!!:D

For Holiday 5-nighter: under $20 if you don't count coupons, under $40 if you do. We had maybe one drink a day, plus I had a glass of wine one night at dinner. I never touched the approximately 500ml of liquor (bourbon) I brought on board with me.

My total S&S bill was under $100. The two of us combined kept it under $300. I'll bet we didn't spend much more than that on our two port days, either, even with shopping and a day's car rental.

Know what? We had a great time!

By all means, spend it if you've got it. But don't believe for a minute you have to.

For the two of us (although DW bought a soda card on day 2):

Bar 96.57

Pictures 61.90

Duty Free Booze 19.90

Total S&S 389.62

Not bad for a couple of poor types on their first cruise.

Drinks (including tips) ranged from 3.39 (Bloody Mary Special) to 13.23 (double brandy in the show lounge).

What you spend is up to you. We paid for the soda card, but could have saved a few dollars without it.

Next time we cruise, I'll buy the drink coupons in advance and take a harder line on the Photo Gallery (buy fewer pictures).

I REALLY like the drink coupons you buy in advance from Carnival. We love foo-ffo drinks, so it saves nearly a buck a drink...and keeps that S&S card L-O-W!

What are these drink coupons? I got the soda card on the last 2 cruises because I drink alot of diet coke. I hate tea so even get the softdrinks at dinner, so im sure the card is still my best option, but I was curious about the coupons!

What are these drink coupons? I got the soda card on the last 2 cruises because I drink alot of diet coke. I hate tea so even get the softdrinks at dinner, so im sure the card is still my best option, but I was curious about the coupons!

They are bar coupons -- for alcohol/mixed drinks or wine -- available in sheets of 4 for $19.50 on Carnival's website (gifts) for advance purchase. Many onboard drinks are at least $4.95 plus 15% gratuity/service charge. The coupon includes the gratuity, and work out to about $4.88 each -- thus bringing the cost of those drinks down to about $4.24, or a savings of about 14%.

My bar bill was only about $100 for 5 days. After hearing of a friends $1000 bill, I stopped drinking for about three months before the cruise in hopes of lowering my tolerence.

Did that work for you? I tried it before I did Glory this summer and it just ended up making me sick... I only abstained for a month as opposed to three so maybe that made the difference. On the other hand, it might have been me forgetting that my tolerance was different and drinking to my normal limit anyway. The bill for the two of us was about a grand, but that was a decent bottle of wine with dinner most nights and lots of those massive cans of Fosters.

Did that work for you? I tried it before I did Glory this summer and it just ended up making me sick... I only abstained for a month as opposed to three so maybe that made the difference. On the other hand, it might have been me forgetting that my tolerance was different and drinking to my normal limit anyway. The bill for the two of us was about a grand, but that was a decent bottle of wine with dinner most nights and lots of those massive cans of Fosters.

Actually it did work pretty good. One thing I forgot to mention though is that my wife got sick the first night so that price I quoted was basically for 4 days.

Gosh you all!!! You are doing great!!

Some of the people we hung around with had liquor bills over 1,000 and 2,000 for 2 people. You need to come party with us. LOL

The cruise lines needs to give some of these people free tickets. One couple's ship bill was 4,000.00

Archived