Increase in "Blue Bag" Laundry Charge

SabreSailor

Last time we were on HAL was 2006 and the all-you-can-stuff-in-the-blue-bag laundry deal was $12. I contacted HAL before we left and they confirmed that it is now $15.

Not true. Just back from the Zuiderdam and it's now $20! Still better than the individual prices, but it was a surprise....

Last time we were on HAL was 2006 and the all-you-can-stuff-in-the-blue-bag laundry deal was $12. I contacted HAL before we left and they confirmed that it is now $15.

Not true. Just back from the Zuiderdam and it's now $20! Still better than the individual prices, but it was a surprise....

It is usually higher in the Med than in North America. With that said, it was $20.00 on the Westerdam in the Med in 2007 but only $15.00 on the Noordam in 2008.

Hi, SabreSailor. I think we were on the same cruise, but our laundry charges were $15.00 per blue bag. Strange, yes?

Cheers,

Karen

Between this and the beer thread going on, it sounds like the Zuiderdam might be classified as their test ship...

Hi, SabreSailor. I think we were on the same cruise, but our laundry charges were $15.00 per blue bag. Strange, yes?

Did you use the service on the first or second cruise? We were only on the second cruise (9/29-10/11). It could be the rate changed for the second cruise....

Originally Posted by Spoely viewpost.gif

Did you use the service on the first or second cruise? We were only on the second cruise (9/29-10/11). It could be the rate changed for the second cruise....

We used laundry service for each leg, and I rechecked my bill this afternoon. All laundry charges were $15.00 per bag.

Just one more thing I will (probably) never understand...

Cheers,

Karen

I was also a little put out by the $20 charge (same cruise as SabreSailor), since I'm sure I saw a recent Zuiderdam cruiser state she paid $12 for the same bag, but it's still a better deal than piece by piece. I think some of my clothes (especially my pyjamas) were in shock, never having seen an iron before :D

Bonnie

Something must have been screwed up on your charges...it was IN PRINT on the Zuiderdam (in your boarding pamphlet you get with your card, etc. in it) most recently as this last week (got off Oct. 11, after boarding Sept. 17 in the Med.) that the laundry bag was $15. You might have had something extra (dry cleaning?) in the bag that upped the charge. Not a big deal overall. The laundry was excellent, BUT 48 hours is definitely the minimum...and one time ours took 4 days....so be prepared.

Archived