Please help! Nassau or Roatan???

ireland666666

I'm not a Nassau hater. In fact, I rather like it. Will be there for the 4th time in a couple of months. And I don't go to Atlantis and I'm not a shopper, either. I just like it there.

BUT, we stopped in Roatan in May and I loved it.

I haven't been to Costa Maya, so I'd like to see it, too, but I'd take the cruise that goes to Roatan.

We (DD & I) rented a female driver through Diana & Cinthia. She took us to the Iguana Farm, then a shop, then to the west end area to Foster's West Bay Resort. It was gorgeous.

Haven't been to Grand Cayman in ages, so would like to return there. Belize is also wonderful.

This is a no brainer. I think the Bahamas were dissapointing when I first went there in the late 80s, hoped I was wrong, been back and they still are dissapointing.

Roatan is really beautifull. I picked a date that goes to Roatan on purpose, and cant wait to go back for a 3rd time.

Roatan is my choice--still has lots of natural beauty, the snorkelling has great reputation, its people are friendly, the pace is mellow.:cool:

If you're looking for something more sophisticated, commercial, and modern in a port, then Nassau would be your choice.

I agree Roatan, it was the stop I was least anticipating but we had an amazing time. We booked a private tour with Victor Bodden and our driver Tex took us sighseeing and we ended up at a beach right next to Tabyana. We got to drop our stuff and rent snorkel gear for $5 p/p, I posted some pictures in my review at the bottom of my signature. It was a great port and we plan on going back soon :)

Archived