WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

• 2 weeks later...
Capt. Kafetzis is on Summit now and will be, I believe, until early August.

Am I the only one wondering why capt. Kafetzis is back on a Constellation Class ship after being head master of the Silhouette?

With Skylogiannis on the Eclipse and Bouzakis on the Reflection he is one of the most experienced captain in command of Solstice Class ships (he was relief capt. on the Solstice in summer 2009 and took the Silhouette out for Conveyance), and to me one of the bests I ever encountered...

Am I the only one wondering why capt. Kafetzis is back on a Constellation Class ship after being head master of the Silhouette?

With Skylogiannis on the Eclipse and Bouzakis on the Reflection he is one of the most experienced captain in command of Solstice Class ships (he was relief capt. on the Solstice in summer 2009 and took the Silhouette out for Conveyance), and to me one of the bests I ever encountered...

No, you are not the only one, we wonder why as well.

We were not impressed with his replacement on our last cruise on Silhouette in March.

No, you are not the only one, we wonder why as well.

We were not impressed with his replacement on our last cruise on Silhouette in March.

Anything that people say here would only be speculation. Could have been his choice or Celebrity might have wanted to tighten up that ship. Raffaele is HD and he is also top notch. He his a wonderful Captain and always wonderful to cruise with him.

Can I venture a guess.

They are testing out many new ideas on the Summit this summer and maybe they wanted a very experienced person at the helm to make sure things run as smoothly as possible.

Why would anyone think that the ship reflects the experience/rating of the Captain? I can see the posting of the first Master on a new ship may be a reward, but thereafter, it is just as prestigious to Captain Century or Reflection.

On a recent sailing, during a question& answer, our Captain told the group that all cruise ship Masters are the same pay grade, regardless of size or age of the ship.

Sorry to be OT.

Thank you but not quite the answer I wanted! We leave next week on the Eclipse and really hoped she would be back. However, we are on the Eclipse again in October so, like you, we live in hope.

She is the best Cruise Director we have met and her enthusiasm came through with all her staff. To be honest I don't really care about which staff are on board - not meant in an unkind way - they are all very good and that is okay but Sue is outstanding.

We agree!!!! We think Sue is the BEST!!!!

Anything that people say here would only be speculation. Could have been his choice or Celebrity might have wanted to tighten up that ship. Raffaele is HD and he is also top notch. He his a wonderful Captain and always wonderful to cruise with him.

When this change was announced months ago, we were told that they wanted a very charismatic captain for the tough NY crowd. ;)

Sheldon Thompson, former Hotel Director for Celebrity, is now WW Port Operations and Product Operations Manager/Australia-New Zealand for Royal Caribbean.

Seems like many of the Hotel Directors I have known are now leaving (or have already left) Celebrity.

Sheldon Thompson, former Hotel Director for Celebrity, is now WW Port Operations and Product Operations Manager/Australia-New Zealand for Royal Caribbean.

Seems like many of the Hotel Directors I have known are now leaving (or have already left) Celebrity.

Many changes in HDs and CDs with a number going over to the Royal side of the board.

I think Raffaele Bernardini is the only old timer remaining. Niina recently quit and Jan Willem left for a job at Royal. Big time turn over in that stressful position. They lost some great HDs IMO.

Raffaele left for a time to be in Miami and then returned. He is wonderful.

Just back from Silhouette yesterday in Venice....

Christophe (HD) leaves on 23rd July for a "new" HD coming from MSC

Donna (CC Host) leaves on 17th July to go to Equinox for 2 months to cover the Presidents Cruise - Marlene is said to be going to SI.

It also appeared that the GRM changed yesterday too - looked like Ana took over, but couldn't confirm as I'd left by then.

SI%20July%2014.JPG?psid=1

Can anyone tell me who the current Executive Chef is on board Reflection. I am really hoping its not the English Chef Anthony.

Food last year on Silhouette was no where near the Celebrity high standard when he was on board.

Can anyone tell me who the current Executive Chef is on board Reflection. I am really hoping its not the English Chef Anthony.

Food last year on Silhouette was no where near the Celebrity high standard when he was on board.

The last name posted was: Thomas Stellbrink.

Perhaps his style will be more to your liking. :D

If you are in touch with Sheldon, please tell him that Anne wishes him the best, and happy surfing. Thanks

Master: Dimitrios Kafetzis

Chief Engineer: Argyrios Poulakis

Staff Captain: Nigel Smyth

Guest Relations Manager: Cristian Comirla

Hotel Director: Raffaelle Bernardini

Cruise Director: Ken Mills

Chief Housekeeper: Srdjan Cetkovic

Executive Chef: Rijo German

CC Hostess: Ashley

Celebrity seems to be making an effort to have their officers being very interactive with the guests.

Edited by cruisingdelt

The last name posted was: Thomas Stellbrink.

Perhaps his style will be more to your liking. :D

Anyone have an update on who the Captain and CD are as well as the Band on Reflection?

Anyone have an update on who the Captain and CD are as well as the Band on Reflection?

In June the latest reports:

RF: A Peppas

HD: Bosco Pires

CD: Alexander Y.

GRM: Migle Zukaite

F&B: Brett Coleman

Chef: Thomas Stellbrink

CCH: Chandru

Lenny

Eqiunox 28 June 2014 sailing...

[ATTACH]318435[/ATTACH]

Thanks for posting this but I can't read any of the names. I do recognize Captain Panos though.

Thank you Cruisenut ...can't remember hearing of Peter Baker....Will soon see!

He was the Cruise Director on the Infinity westbound TA last fall. I thought he was pretty bad, just going through the motions. Did not see him around the ship all that much. He gave perfunctory introductions of the guest speakers, and towards the end of the trip, failed to schedule some of them for the promised final lectures in their series, despite all the sea days. I was underwhelmed by him.

I hope he was just having an aberrational bad trip.