laundry question:used it?

sailnsee

For a 5 day cruise would you even need to use it?

We used it twice. Once as a special for my DD whose jacket got muddy on a tour and the second time we did a bag full for $20. Each time the items came back within 48 hours. The jacket was beautifully pressed. The bag full just came back folded as expected. We were away for 2 weeks and they offered the $20 special 3 times I believe.

We've used it on all of our cruises. I am afraid I don't know the fees, but they seem reasonable. I was very pleased, the clothes come back neatly folded or hung and are pressed.

On longer cruises, they have a special for underwear, pj's,t-shirts and it is $20 for all you can put in the bag they supply. Those clothes are not pressed but it sure saves alot of laundry when you return.

They did a great job on hubby's shirts, but no so great on one of my dresses. It was a "crinkle" cotton sundress, which they IRONED all the "crinkles" out of! 6 adults could have fit inside it. I wasn't able to wear it on the cruise after they finished with it. It took several hot washes and dries at home before it crinkled up again!

Ours was a 10 nighter--that's the only time I've ever needed to send anything out. I think the prices are pretty high for laundry. Dry-cleaning is about the same as home.

For a 5 day cruise would you even need to use it?

We used it twice. Once as a special for my DD whose jacket got muddy on a tour and the second time we did a bag full for $20. Each time the items came back within 48 hours. The jacket was beautifully pressed. The bag full just came back folded as expected. We were away for 2 weeks and they offered the $20 special 3 times I believe.

I think OP is going on a 10 day cruise, but only wants to pack enough for a 5 day trip.

Am I right OP?

We used the laundry service in March. The prices were not too bad. My husband had been in Las Vegas for a week before the cruise so it was nice to have it offerred. It took 48 hours to get the clothes back. My underwear has never been so nicely folded! (honestly I usually take my old underwear and throw it away each day!)

have you used the laundry service? what are the fees-how long did it take to get the clothes and were you happy with it? want to pack for 5 days on a 10 day med. cruise....(O:

Here ya go http://www.royalcaribbean.com/custom...37&faqType=faq

We have used the laundry services and have been very pleased. Everything comes back nicely pressed. If you require something washed in cold water, just indicate that and attach to the article.

We always use the laundry service.....love the way they press things....:)

And will Royal Caribbean ever change the outdated price list on their web site....one can only hope...right...:rolleyes:

Following is the new price list for 2008

MEN WASH & PRESS:

Bathrobe $4.00

Handkerchief $ .75

Jeans $3.50

Pajamas $4.25

Pants $4.00

Shirt $3.50

Shirt/T-shirt $2.75

Shorts $3.00

Socks $1.25

Sweatshirt $3.50

Underwear $1.25

MEN DRY CLEANING:

Coat $8.25

Jacket $5.00

Pajamas, silk $5.00

Pants $4.50

Shirt $4.00

Shorts $3.50

Suit $9.00

Sweater $4.50

Tie $2.25

Vest $3.00

WOMAN WASH & PRESS:

Blouse $4.00

Dress $6.00

Hosiery $1.25

Housecoat $3.75

Nightgown $3.50

Skirt $4.00

Slacks $4.00

Slip $2.75

Swimsuit $2.25

WOMAN DRY CLEANING:

Blouse $4.50

Blouse, silk $6.00

Dress $8.00

Dress, silk $9.50

Evening Dress $9.50

Scarf $2.75

Skirt $5.00

Slacks $4.50

Suit $9.00

Pressing only: is 1/2 the cost

We used the laundry service on our Med. cruise on the Legend last summer and have used it several times on cruises in the Caribbean. My DH came back from a horse-riding excursion in Belize with mud on his socks and jeans --- I only wish I could get them as clean as RCI Laundry service! I keep telling him to pack all his white socks so I can send them in for cleaning! :D

Kathy

We took advantage of the platinum coupon 5$ off 25$ worth of wash & press. We sent our jeans & kakys. They did a very nice job. I thought they didn't return them, but later I found them hanging in our closet.

Next time I won't pack so many pairs of jeans and I'll take more advantage of the laundry. (We were on a New England Canada sailing).

We just did an 11 night Med cruise and I used the $20 bag twice. They did a great job. I was a bit concerned about sending out my dress pants because they're special care that requires very low heat or hanging to dry. I did as our cabin steward said and wrote detailed instructions on the laundry list. Everything was fine except one pair of pants shrunk a bit. Other than that, no complaints.

2P.P1

I always use the laundry service, especially with the kids & wet suits & shorts. I did ruin 3 under armour work out - outfits once not realizing the heat factor. I also bring a little laundry liquid for some quick sink washes - hung up over night on a hanger outside (balcony) dries quite nice - no storms of course.

We sent out for the $20.00 special all the undies, bras,tshirts,bathing suits, etc that I could roll up & stuff into the plastic bag. It came back the next day in two bags with everything nicely folded. I'll take half the undergarments on this next cruise & I'll just have them do them up again.

Really great service & no issues at all.

We used the laundry service on our Med. cruise on the Legend last summer and have used it several times on cruises in the Caribbean. My DH came back from a horse-riding excursion in Belize with mud on his socks and jeans --- I only wish I could get them as clean as RCI Laundry service! I keep telling him to pack all his white socks so I can send them in for cleaning! :D

Kathy

Kathy, isn't that the truth. I don't know what they use for laundry detergent, but my hubby's white sport socks came back like brand new. I can't even get them that clean at home.:o

We just got off Explorer of the Seas from a Canadian cruise. We had no idea what the weather would really be like so we packed like Billy Zane and Kate Winslett. In any case, I still ended up using the laundry for the first time and although a little more expensive than my local cleaner, they did a great job. If I had known how good a job they did, and how quickly it came back, I'd have packed much less and gone for the "walkoff" debarkation.

Archived