Vaccinations for Jamaica?!?

jenphan

I am planning on going to Ocho Rios in January. I checked the CDC.gov website and they say that the Jamaican government requires that we be vaccinated for Yellow Fever. But I called Princess and they said that I do not need any vaccines. HELP! :( I am so lost!

It depends where you have been:

From the World Health Organization site:

Jamaica

Yellow fever

Country requirement

A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required from travellers over 1 year of age coming from countries with risk of yellow fever transmission.

--

CDC site agrees:

Although yellow fever is not a disease risk in Jamaica, the government requires travelers arriving from countries where yellow fever is present to present proof of yellow fever vaccination. If you will be traveling to one of these countries where yellow fever is present before arriving in Jamaica, this requirement must be taken into consideration.

I am planning on going to Ocho Rios in January. I checked the CDC.gov website and they say that the Jamaican government requires that we be vaccinated for Yellow Fever. But I called Princess and they said that I do not need any vaccines. HELP! :( I am so lost!

Please, do not use opinions on a public forum to decide health issues for you and your family. You doctor will guide you in this. What someone did or did not have a year ago, a month ago, a week ago may be entirely different than what is needed now.

Use the CDC guidelines and your doctor.

Tee

Please, do not use opinions on a public forum to decide health issues for you and your family. You doctor will guide you in this. What someone did or did not have a year ago, a month ago, a week ago may be entirely different than what is needed now.

Use the CDC guidelines and your doctor.

Tee

For visiting Jamaica-------While there are "guidelines" and doctor's opinions, but the most important thing is the vaccination requirements of the country you are visiting. Call their Embassy or thier closest Consulate or Tourism Office.

Like other countries, they will have Yellow Fever requirements if you have visit certain countries prior to your visit there.

For getting back in to your own country, there are different requirements, depending again on where you have been. The CDC is the source for that.

Archived