Tagging the Luggage ~ Yaaaaay!!!

HeatherInFlorida

The only thing better than doing the Doc Dance is Tagging the Luggage! There's something about getting out my black sharpie, filling out those tags and attaching them to the luggage that just lifts my spirits to heights unknown since our last cruise. It's positively exhilarating!!! I love it so much I use every tag even if one ends up on my wrist;) .

Had such fun with it I just had to share with all of you:D ! Does anyone else get this nutty over this project?

The only thing better than doing the Doc Dance is Tagging the Luggage! There's something about getting out my black sharpie, filling out those tags and attaching them to the luggage that just lifts my spirits to heights unknown since our last cruise. It's positively exhilarating!!! I love it so much I use every tag even if one ends up on my wrist;) .

Had such fun with it I just had to share with all of you:D ! Does anyone else get this nutty over this project?

Heather, I had never thought about this but you are right it is a very fun last minute thing to do. You are just that week a ahead of me so that you already know what for sure to pack so all you have left is the luggage tags:) I am still sorting in my mind what for sure I will start packing this weekend.:eek:

Heather,

I too love tagging the luggage. I always leave the old cruise tags on until they can replaced with new tags. There is something about a piece of luggage without a cruise tag that is heartbreaking. I'm so excited for you, as you await your well deserved holiday. Have a great time. :D :D

I'm excited for you. You've been looking so forward to this cruise that I truly hope it is all you want it to be.

Your countdown is getting VERY Short!!!!

Have fun with those tags!!! :)

Lisa, no way!! I've nothing in the suitcases. I have nothing planned but formal stuff. I washed and ironed almost everything I have and I'll decide Friday and Saturday. But I open the suitcases up and start throwing in odds and ends. I love looking at mine even empty. But those tags go on as soon as they're out of the attic:D

Too bad we don't live in those days when you got decals to stick on your luggage so as you went from ship to ship you'd have them all over your bags. Ah, for those good ole days......;)

Yes, I save at least one tag and put it in my trip album which is always a combo of pictures and other memorabilia from the cruise. Anything that I can press flat:D

I still can picture the tag from my first cruise with DH in Cabin #4017. Amazing how that sticks in my head. I really have a thing about tags. Last year on Celebrity we got EDocs and I was half crazed when told I would have no tags!!!!:eek: I called Celebrity and begged and they finally sent them, but they weren't like the HAL tags. They were more like airline baggage strips. So disappointing because soon all these lines will go the way of EDocs where you get your so called "tags" at the terminal:( .

I love the mental image!

Do you suppose if I put a tag on my wrist and stood on the dock that I might be on-loaded with the rest of the luggage? :confused:

Do you suppose I should list cabin 001? :D

Too bad we don't live in those days when you got decals to stick on your luggage so as you went from ship to ship you'd have them all over your bags. Ah, for those good ole days......;)

I agree I'd really like to have decals all over our bags but even more than that I'd REALLY LOVE to be able to travel with those steamer trunks. How great it would be to simply load all the 'stuff' into a trunk and ship it!!!

Lisa, no way!! I've nothing in the suitcases. I have nothing planned but formal stuff. I washed and ironed almost everything I have and I'll decide Friday and Saturday. But I open the suitcases up and start throwing in odds and ends. I love looking at mine even empty. But those tags go on as soon as they're out of the attic:D

Heather in packing I have to write out what I plan to wear during the day and what I will wear at night day by day. Then as I pack check it off that it is in the suite case. That is why I sometimes like to know what day will be Formal/Informal/ Casual. That way I do not over pack or heaven forbid Under pack. The last couple of nights before I fall asleep I have been doing a mental list of what I plan to pack. Formal wear is the only easy part. Since I have never done Mexico/ Sea of Cortez Cabo area I have no idea how cold or how warm it will be. I am guess it will be a bit cooler than the Caribbean.

Aw, go ahead and overpack like me. Then I can stand in front of the closet on the ship and decide, instead of standing in front of the closet at home and deciding. It seems to be more fun to feel like a queen on the ship and have a large wardrobe.

Actually I have learned to pack less, but I still have a few extra things I take just in case I change my mind while cruising a woman's perogative.

Wooohooooo, I'm not crazy hehehe I love filling in the luggage tags too, I also can't wait to get out my sharpie and start filling them in. I have to wait till next May but wish you the very best cruise ever, you deserve it ! Glad your puter is up and running and your back again too, we missed you :)

Agree, there is a certain glee in filling out those luggage tags!

Right now I should be upstairs packing our suitcases.... but, it will eventually get done. Once I get started, it all comes together, but I always come up with a million excuses to delay the actual start of our packing.....

Heather...Enjoy your happy dance with your tags...and your packing...but more importantly..enjoy your cruise!!!!!!!

Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue! You're even closer than me!:D You have a great time, too! Bon Voyage and happy seas......

I was just thinking what a great ad this is for Sharpies!!!:D

Sail, if all the wonderful good wishes I've gotten from you on various threads brings good luck, then this cruise will stand above all the rest!!! Thank you again.

Ah, yes, steamer trunks. Wouldn't that be great? With all those decals all over it? Yum.....

Lisa, you're really into this suite thing. Did you see you said "suite case" instead of suitcase???? LOL:D And I do basically the same thing you do: I fill out a grid with all the days and then fill in what I need to wear on each day. So we're on the same page;)

Yup, there's nothing like those fresh new tags shining brightly on your luggage. Homeward bound they sure do lose their lustre.

I love filling out the luggage tags - but I save it for last...

- last time I did it in the Taxi on the way to the Airport (gives me something to do instead of playing "backseat driver"):cool:

Speaking of packing - did anyone read the column on this site about packing for the QE2 World Cruise?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/tips/tipsarticle.cfm?ID=30

56 Formal Nights! 9 Pieces of Luggage! Oh, my!!!:eek:

One week from today, we'll be on a flight headed for Barcelona..HAL tags are made out, but go on our luggage after we arrive in our Barcelona Hotel..My excitement started when I placed my first pair of shoes into the bottom of our our bags..LOL

Using "LOL" because I don't know how you all get those funny little Icons into the body of your messages..Keep trying & my little smiley only comes up in the beginning of my messages..Please tell me how you do it..I'm LOL..

Happy cruising all!..Betty

So I'm not the only one who loves the whole luggage tag ritual! We leave in two weeks on our next cruise. When I picked up docs last week, there were NO LUGGAGE TAGS!!!

I told my TA that the luggage tags were an important part of the "anticipation period" before each cruise. She smiled, nodded and called the cruise line. So my tags should arrive this week!! Then I can get out MY sharpie!!!:) :) :)

Betty-

When you hit "post reply," the little smiles appear to the right of the box in which you're typing. If you roll your cursor over the smiles, it will give you an idea of what to use them for, ie :o embarrassment,:confused: confused, etc. Click on one and it will transfer to your message

Also the smiles (icons) at the bottom of your screen will appear at the beginning of your message if you click on the circle next to them.

Hope this helps.

Beth

Thanks Beth...but I don't have "Smiles" to the right of the posting box...Once when I posted on our Roll Call thread, one of my "O's" came up as a funny little Icon, but don't know how it did it... I looked at the Misc. options & don't have the smiles disabled, so don't know what the problem is..Appreciate your reply & In the meantime will just have to be content with LOL..Betty

Thanks again...Just turned VB code on, hoping that would do it..Still no funny Icons..Perhaps if I leave CC & come back in tomorrow it will work..In the meantime Happy Cruising..

If you're hitting the quick reply button in the individual posting you won't get the icons, if you hit post reply at the bottom of the thread, you'll see the smile icons as well as a host of other options at the top of the reply box :)

Archived