Pasta Recipe?

Momma Mojito

We recently sailed one the Crown Princess ....Oct 4 and had a pasta dish that was one of the best we have ever tasted. I can't remember the exact name of it, but it was made Farfalle pasta and veal strips. If anyone has the recipe or can tell me if it is in the cookbook I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Try this: http://www.princess.com/customer_care/emailform.jsp?cat=GI&subcat=s1&subject=Request%20for%20Recipes%20and%20Bar/Wine%20Information

If the link doesn't work go to the Princess web site and click on Customer Service - on the right side there is a General Inquiries link. Then the second one down is "Requests for recipes and bar/wine info". I used it twice and they got back to me within a day or two.

It's in Courses, the Princess Cookbook. It's Farfalle Alla Rustica, tender veal, morel mushrooms, green peas and parmesan.

Let me know if you want me to retype it from the book. Maybe if you google the exact title you might get a hit.

Thanks if you don't mind I would appreciate it. Does the cookbook you are talking about have many good recipes. Maybe I should look into buying one.

Thanks if you don't mind I would appreciate it. Does the cookbook you are talking about have many good recipes. Maybe I should look into buying one.

It's a great book. I wanted to buy it last month on the Grand Princess but didn't really want to have to pack it and bring it home from the Med. I think onboard they want $28. I found it for $7 at Half Price Books :) If you don't mind, I'll take it to work tomorrow and scan it as it also links in two other recipes to a Chicken Stock and a Demi-Glace. The book has all the Princess standards in it and is nicely presented.

The best, as in most fun!, way to get the cookbook is to do the Chef's Table! Plus the maitre d' and chef will autograph your copy. Seriously, it is a very nice book -- almost coffee-table quality, if you know what I mean -- and although I'm not much of a cook, I've enjoyed the few things I've made from it. Sadly, some of the recipes are way out of my expertise level, though. But the pictures are nice to look at, even if I can't manage the recipe!

If you take the Galley Tour on the ship, you can purchase a cookbook and have it autographed also. Or if the galley tour is of no interest, the cookbooks are sold in the shops on board. But, I agree, the best way to get the book is to do the Chef's Table - I hope to do it on our next cruise.

Archived