Bubba Grump Restaurant?

phabric

We will be getting off ship in Miami and renting a car and driving to Ft Lauderdale. Our flight leaves at 4:30pm.

I was thinking of a meal before our flight. I have seen Bubba Grump Shrimp Co. mentioned here. There is one in Miami and Ft Lauderdale.

What are thoughts on this restaurant? Which one would you choose?

Have not eaten at the Bubba Gumps in Miami or Ft Lauderdale.....only in Daytona Beach.....but we had a great time there and a great meal. It is especially fun if you have kids along....they enjoyed the atmosphere! The waiters are asking you trivia questions during your meal and you hold up cards with answers on them or shout out the answers! Definitely entertaining.

We will be getting off ship in Miami and renting a car and driving to Ft Lauderdale. Our flight leaves at 4:30pm.

I was thinking of a meal before our flight. I have seen Bubba Grump Shrimp Co. mentioned here. There is one in Miami and Ft Lauderdale.

What are thoughts on this restaurant? Which one would you choose?

Neither. There are much better local choices near FLL airport.

I'd go for Charley's Crab (on the water), 15th Street Fishery (on the water very close to the airport), or Southport Raw Bar (close to the airport).

Bubba Gumps is okay in a pinch but I would not go out of my way to eat there when you have much better choices.

I LOVE Bubba Gumps! I've been known to take the train into San Francisco just to have lunch there; I then turn around and catch a train back home. That's a $100 lunch for me, counting train fare, lunch and a drink. I'm really looking forward to eating at the one in FLL. Sure you can get better food at other restaurants, but I don't think you can beat the atmosphere.

Agree..why waste your money on frozen stuff at a chain restaurant when you can get something local and fresh.

My old standby remains Southport Raw Bar, although I like the 15th St. Fisheries. Bimini Boatyard isn't worth the money although the location is nice.

Neither. There are much better local choices near FLL airport.

I'd go for Charley's Crab (on the water), 15th Street Fishery (on the water very close to the airport), or Southport Raw Bar (close to the airport).

Bubba Gumps is okay in a pinch but I would not go out of my way to eat there when you have much better choices.

I have to agree with treven!!! WE LOVE Bubba Gump's!!!! We have eaten at the Miami and New Orlean's locations, and are looking forward to going to the Fort Lauderdale Bubba's in January before our cruise!! Love the food, love the drinks, and love the laid back atmosphere!!

I have to agree with treven!!! WE LOVE Bubba Gump's!!!! We have eaten at the Miami and New Orlean's locations, and are looking forward to going to the Fort Lauderdale Bubba's in January before our cruise!! Love the food, love the drinks, and love the laid back atmosphere!!

I always get their "Shrimp 'n Dippin Broth" every time I go.

Maybe some Bubba Gumps are better than others.

Definitely varies by location. I really enjoyed the one in Maui, so much that we went back multiple times while we were there. But the one in Chicago at Navy Pier was not as good.

Perhaps I've just been fortunate in that the ones I've been to as well as everytime I've gone, the food has always been very good. Granted not as good as McCormicks & Schmicks, but the prices aren't in that stratosphere either.

I thought the one in New York was AWFUL! It made me sick. My nephew liked it but not enough to go back and my sister thought it was ok. I can't imagine so many people seem to love Bubba Gumps in other locations. This tells me each one MUST be different.

I would really hate to go to a chain restaurant for seafood on the Florida coast.

I ate at the one in Charleston, SC and was not impressed. Definitely better to stick with local. I like to go with local restaurants when I travel. Charleston's in our back yard so that was not traveling.

Archived