Voyager D1 aft vs. Freedom D1 aft?

39august

We just returned from AOS and had a D1 deck 10 aft cabin. We usually get an E1 aft, tho' we have had D1's on Radiance class, and a few D1's, not aft, on Voyager class ships. We were surprised to see that our cabin was about 5 or 6 feet longer than a regular D1 cabin. Is this also the case on Freedom class ships on the highest deck with D1 aft cabins? If so, I am certainly going to try to snag one for our next Freedom class cruise. The size of the room makes the extra money worth it! I know about the 1388 and 1688 cabins on Voyager class being the size of Jr. Suites. Ours was in the middle, 1392.

We will be in cabin 1392 on the Adventure on Nov 9. Is it really bigger than an E1 aft? We have stayed in 9392 on the Explorer and loved that cabin. I can't imagine this one being even nicer! If you have any pictures that you could post I would appreciate it.

Not certain about AFT cabins,but D1's on the Freedom class are MUCH larger than D1's on the Voyager ships: FOS D1: 214 sq.ft & 68 sq.ft balcony..Voyager class D1: 179 sq.ft & 45 sq.ft balcony...it would make sense that the aft cabins would be bigger as well......

Big Al

Not certain about AFT cabins,but D1's on the Freedom class are MUCH larger than D1's on the Voyager ships: FOS D1: 214 sq.ft & 68 sq.ft balcony..Voyager class D1: 179 sq.ft & 45 sq.ft balcony...it would make sense that the aft cabins would be bigger as well......

Big Al

Big Al, you just wrote the size of the D and the E, not D and D. 179 square feet is an E cabin.

We originally booked 9392 on the Explorer for a trip to Bermuda next year, but changed it to D1-9220. We stayed in 1392 on the Mariner for a wedding this past July, and it did have sleeper sofa for daughter, but the 9392 doesn't show that it has a bed for 3rd person, and that is what we needed. Does the 9392 on the Explorer have that 3rd bed?

We originally booked 9392 on the Explorer for a trip to Bermuda next year, but changed it to D1-9220. We stayed in 1392 on the Mariner for a wedding this past July, and it did have sleeper sofa for daughter, but the 9392 doesn't show that it has a bed for 3rd person, and that is what we needed. Does the 9392 on the Explorer have that 3rd bed?

According to the RC website: "no", the Explorer's 9392 does not have an additional berth.

1392, a D cabin, does have a sofabed. 9392, an E cabin, has neither a pullman nor a sofabed. Just the two regular beds that can be pushed together and made up as a "queen" size bed.

That kind of ticked us off, because we told the RCI TA we were planning on taking daughter and wanted a third person cabin, since it was husband who was on phone, and didn't look at cabin when booking, I nicely brought it to his attention that the rooom would not hold 3rd person, so we rebooked. He always overlooks the little stuff. I read the fine print on the VISA reward points as well, he had no clue that if you don't use within 5 yr of accumulating, you start to loose them. Like you I read all the fine print.

That kind of ticked us off, because we told the RCI TA we were planning on taking daughter and wanted a third person cabin, since it was husband who was on phone, and didn't look at cabin when booking, I nicely brought it to his attention that the rooom would not hold 3rd person, so we rebooked. He always overlooks the little stuff. I read the fine print on the VISA reward points as well, he had no clue that if you don't use within 5 yr of accumulating, you start to loose them. Like you I read all the fine print.

If you told a Royal Caribbean CVP that you needed a cabin for 3, and they booked you into a cabin that can only hold 2, that's RC's mistake. Try not to blame your husband for this one. :)

Big Al

You're looking at the wrong info. Voyager class ships vary. Mariner and Navigator D class cabins are 206 sqft, very close to the size of Freedom. Voyager, Explorer and Adventure D cabins are 188 sqft.

I totally agree with 39august and RocCruisers on Edwin. He was the BEST!!!! Hi Edwin (if your reading this)!!!! My husband and I had the privilege of having him as our cabin attentant in July on AOS. He works very hard and is a very pleasant person. I believe his contract is up in November sometime.

You're looking at the wrong info. Voyager class ships vary. Mariner and Navigator D class cabins are 206 sqft, very close to the size of Freedom. Voyager, Explorer and Adventure D cabins are 188 sqft.

I was just going to say this, even though you really cannot notice a difference (well, i can't at least), the first 3 Voyager class ships cabins are a few square feet smaller then the later 2 as well as all 3 Freeedom class.

Archived