Got our cabins assignment 3 months before sailing, could it change?

kooljamming

We booked the obstructed ocean view, category HH, on Sapphire Princess sailing February 14. We were assigned Cabin P209, category EE, ocean view. We have cruised RCCL and Carnival before and got our cabin assignment around 30 days before sailing.

Thanks

As long as you have not marked your reservation to be "do not upgrade", there is always a (small) chance that the upgrade fairy could come your way anytime between now and sailing. Any change would be to a category higher than EE.

It use to be that you would find out the cabin location as late as when you reach the pier upon embarkation.

Now, cabin assignment is made between when final payment is made and 7 days prior to sailing.

With upgrades there are no guarantees that it will happen.

Booked an Alaska cruisetour in January with an AC guarantee. From the first time I looked at the cruise personalizer (before final payment) we were assigned to a specific AA. It stayed that way until we left for Alaska. Didn't check the personalizer for the 6 days we were on the land tour - but when we checked in at Whittier we were given a full suite!:D :D :D

It seems like lately there have been several posts where people received their cabin assignment and then were upgraded a few days before sailing, so I wouldn't give up hope.:) You can also check on the Princess site and see how the cabins are filling up.

It makes it more interesting to check the old email everyday, hoping for that upgrade notification.:p

I Was Upgraded From Bf To Ba About Three Weeks Ago And Have Not Made Final Payment. When I Spoke To Princess Yesterday I Asked What Was The Chance Of A Further Upgrade To A Mini Suite And She Suggested It Was Not Too Bad As There Were A Lot Of Empty Cabins. I Guess Sales Are Way Down With The Economic Situation. I Sure Am Not Complaining. Even The Bf Was A Good Price At 750 Canadian Especially When It Is At Par With The Us And Our Exchange Rate Is Right Now Around 20%. And On Top Of That We May Get $63 If The Oil Price Stays Below $70 For 35 Daqys Before The Cruise

I guess they are doing this to discourage people from canceling. Knowing I have a better cabin and view from the one I booked, make me more excited about going. Add to this the mere possibility of an upgrade. I feel like booking yet another one........ see their strategy is working:)

Archived