Final Bill - Credit Question

vie lee

This is a first for me and I am wondering if this is usual. On my Oct 19-26th cruise, I had a $75.00 overcharge on my final bill. They had charged me twice for Chef Table. The morning of the 26th I went and talked to them and they gave me a

credit slip for the $75.00 dated Oct 26th. No problem there. I just checked my CC statement and no credit from Princess showing there.

I am not worried because I used American Express and they have always been good about

any problems.

My questions is has anyone else experienced it taking so long for a credit to show on CC account? I assumed that they would put it on the same day they charged me for final bill.....:confused:

Vie Lee

Credits for me always take longer than charges. I would give it another week and then contact AMEX. I am assuming you are checking it online.

Vie Lee - question for you - how was the weather and foliage/colors on your trip? I wish I hadn't cancelled but was curious how things worked out. I heard you missed Bar Harbor.

Coral - NewPort was beautiful - we did the Mansions tour, light jacket weather and the colors were nice but had already peaked.

Boston - was a little on the chilly side, no sun and rain in the afternoon and colors also had peaked.

We missed Bar Harbor - water to rough to tender and we heard that's were the best color would have been because Arcadia National Park was at its peak.

St. Johns - Sunny but every cold and colors past there peak.

Halifax - Sunny, long sleeve weather and colored had peaked.

This was my second year to do this cruise to see the colors, wouldn't be doing it again. Next time

I will go and rent a car and drive thru the states and give myself two weeks on land.

Having that much Noro on board really took away from the whole cruise experience for me.

Vie Lee

I was told by Princess that credit's to your account could take up to 4 weeks. Give it another week or so and if you still do not see the credit on your statment, I'd give them a call. At least you have the credit slip as proof.

This is a first for me and I am wondering if this is usual. On my Oct 19-26th cruise, I had a $75.00 overcharge on my final bill. They had charged me twice for Chef Table. The morning of the 26th I went and talked to them and they gave me a

credit slip for the $75.00 dated Oct 26th. No problem there. I just checked my CC statement and no credit from Princess showing there.

I am not worried because I used American Express and they have always been good about

any problems.

My questions is has anyone else experienced it taking so long for a credit to show on CC account? I assumed that they would put it on the same day they charged me for final bill.....:confused:

Vie Lee

Coral - NewPort was beautiful - we did the Mansions tour, light jacket weather and the colors were nice but had already peaked. ...........

Having that much Noro on board really took away from the whole cruise experience for me.

Vie Lee

Thanks for the comments. I did this cruise 3 years ago and left on Oct 15th and we were too early. It sounds like this sailing was too late this year. I love Bar Harbor and am sorry you didn't make it there.

I think I commented on another thread that on an Alaskan cruise, we had a huge noro outbreak onboard. While I didn't know anyone who had it, I can agree with you that it definitely does take away from the cruise experience.

I am considering an Oct 3rd Quebec to NYC cruise next year. I think you are right that the best way to do this trip is via car. Maybe I will try plotting this and see how it looks financially verses a cruise.

to see your credit showing up on the CC.

We had been overcharged by internet cafe usage - we are plat members and actually had un-used minutes left on our account, but on that cruise we were on (April transatlantic on Emerald), there were lots and lots and lots of wrong internet charges on people's account. I had it fixed at least 3 times over the 16day cruise. I checked our statement the night before disembarkation, eveyrthing looked OK. Yet, the final statement still showed a wrong internet charge. They wouldn't issue cash because only amount below $25 can be refunded in cash, according to the purser desk. So I had to return to cabin to get my credit card for them to do a credit slip and got an inprint of that.

We spent 2 weeks in Europe before going home. Another 2 weeks passed (now it was a month after we disembarked), no sign of credit. I called Princess several times and finally on the 3rd or 4th call, I demanded to talk to the dept handling such - the CSR refused but put me on hold and then came back to say the finance dept confirmed I was owed the credit and said they moved it to the top of the list to be processed. 10 days later the credit finally showed up - all told, it took 6 weeks to see the overcharge being credited back.

On the morning of disembarkation day, when I went there at 6:30am after seeing the final statement - there were at least 5 people ahead of me - they must have had some massive accounting errors, especially from the internet cafe usages. That may also explain why our credit took so long to appear on our card. The internet cafe service has since changed - it is a totally new set-up on our Oct transatlantic on the same ship.

Waste of time to call. Send a Return Receipt Requested, typed letter to Primcess Pax Relations Department with a copy of your receipt.

These are the personnel who will get the ball rolling. Don't wait or you will never see it. Also, call your bank for placing in dispute.

Thank you all for your responses! I have called American Express and placed a dispute on the charge and I am sending the documentation to

them. I have also written a letter to Princess Public Relations Dept with same documents and informing them that I am disputing the charge.

Question - Doesn't it seem a little ridiculous that I have to go to this which work to correct an error made by princess???

With this and the Noro, this won't go down in my crusing history as one of my better cruises...:o

Vie Lee

Archived