Booking today instead of Monday - did I just shoot myself in the foot?

I had to switch my Oasis booking from Jan to Sept (long story short, I won a 15 day Cunard cruise and I can't do both woo20hoo.gif)

So on Monday, the fuel charges are gone for 2010 bookings. But of course, I didn't want to lose my cabin for Sept by waiting till Monday. :( So I jumped in and booked today.

So someone please make me feel better and tell me that on Monday, RCCL is going to raise the prices to offset the fuel charge. :confused: If not, then I just stuck myself with fuel charges. :(

What do you think? Would you have waited?

I had to switch my Oasis booking from Jan to Sept (long story short, I won a 15 day Cunard cruise and I can't do both woo20hoo.gif)

So on Monday, the fuel charges are gone for 2010 bookings. But of course, I didn't want to lose my cabin for Sept by waiting till Monday. :( So I jumped in and booked today.

So someone please make me feel better and tell me that on Monday, RCCL is going to raise the prices to offset the fuel charge. :confused: If not, then I just stuck myself with fuel charges. :(

Although I don't know for sure but I believe they will raise the prices to take in the fuel surcharge. But that's my opinion.

AND MICHELE - CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING A CUNARD CRUISE - :D:D How the heck did you do that?????

Maybe this helps - The 15 day cruise offsets the fuelcharge. ;)

Congratties on the free cruise; that is great! :)

If the price does not go up, would it be possible to cancel and rebook the same room next week? That might be an option.

Keep us posted and let us know how you won the free cruise!

I saw the prices this morning on that Cunard cruise start at $4K PER PERSON. You didnt just win a 15 day Cunard cruise, you won the hotel prepackage AND airfare. So, lets say you dont upgrade and you saved at least $8K over booking the cruise on your own. Id be saying awesome, and doing cartwheels.

Im so happy for you, I think you will have a awesome cruise, but Id be freaking over 15 days of dressing up and packing. You may have to pay a charge for extra luggage for all that dressing up. A black and white ball, high tea in the afternoons with white glove service. Are you taking the kids? So many outfits to plan for!!! This doesnt sound like a shorts and tee shirt day time cruise.

It couldnt happen to a better cruiser was my thinking when I saw the news. Congrats. Im also already booked for Oasis with a fuel surcharge, lets watch prices and hope??!!

Maybe this helps - The 15 day cruise offsets the fuelcharge.

Good point! lol

Actually, changing the sailing from January to September offset the fuel charges too cause the price was less. :)

And how I won - there was a contest on another cruise board and I was picked by "random computer drawing" :D:D See, and my hubby always complained that I "wasted time on the cruise boards". I should make him stay home...lol. :p

Gonzo - I am betting that RCCL will be keeping an eye on those who cancel then rebook to get past the fuel charges. Oh well, worst case scenario...the price stays the same, the fuel charges are removed, I'll get an OBC in September if the price of oil stays down and I STILL have 15 days on a cruise to get over it...lol. :D

Now I have to figure out QM2. This is going to be a different experience than what I am used to. I feel like a cruise newbie all over again. :eek:

I saw the prices this morning on that Cunard cruise start at $4K PER PERSON. You didnt just win a 15 day Cunard cruise, you won the hotel prepackage AND airfare. So, lets say you dont upgrade and you saved at least $8K over booking the cruise on your own. Id be saying awesome, and doing cartwheels.

Im so happy for you, I think you will have a awesome cruise, but Id be freaking over 15 days of dressing up and packing. You may have to pay a charge for extra luggage for all that dressing up. A black and white ball, high tea in the afternoons with white glove service. Are you taking the kids? So many outfits to plan for!!! This doesnt sound like a shorts and tee shirt day time cruise.

It couldnt happen to a better cruise was my thinking when I saw the news. Congrats. Im also already booked for Oasis with a fuel surcharge, lets watch prices and hope??!!

Yes I know :eek: I overpack NOW. And yes the kids are going too...can't leave them at home on Christmas and New Years (figure that would be the quickest way to a Bad Mommy of the Year Award...LOL ;))

If I overpack for 7 days, what I am going to do with 15 days of formal. :eek:

That's 15 gowns times three girls. OMG. Heaven help my credit card charges.

Yes I know :eek: I overpack NOW. And yes the kids are going too...can't leave them at home on Christmas and New Years (figure that would be the quickest way to a Bad Mommy of the Year Award...LOL ;))

If I overpack for 7 days, what I am going to do with 15 days of formal. :eek:

That's 15 gowns times three girls. OMG. Heaven help my credit card charges.

You will have roughly 6 formal attire evenings on board the QM2 for a 15 night voyage if that is any consolation.

You will have roughly 6 formal attire evenings on board the QM2 for a 15 night voyage if that is any consolation.

And in little girl terminology that means "6 gowns and 9 other dresses that look like gowns but we'll call them dresses because princesses don't wear dresses they wear gowns"

Yep, I am looking at 45 dresses. :eek:

Someone told me the non formal nights you still dress up. A cocktail dress is appropriate. Im only doing the 5 day Cunard sailing and worried about clothes, so Iv been reading up as well Michele.

You eat with the folks in the same level you booked in. If you have a inside cabin you wouldnt eat with the folks in suites!!! Guess that lets me out. Im confirmed now in a D3, but might move up to a inhull balcony. The D3 is deck 10, right perfectly mid ship though and looks good, even though Im no expert. The balcony upgrade for us is $235 pp and moving down to a lower deck for those inhull balconys which are all lower decks.

Im excited too Michele and not even daring what you are doing.

Someone told me the non formal nights you still dress up. A cocktail dress is appropriate. Im only doing the 5 day Cunard sailing and worried about clothes, so Iv been reading up as well Michele.

You eat with the folks in the same level you booked in. If you have a inside cabin you wouldnt eat with the folks in suites!!! Guess that lets me out. Im confirmed now in a D3, but might move up to a inhull balcony. The D3 is deck 10, right perfectly mid ship though and looks good, even though Im no expert. The balcony upgrade for us is $235 pp and moving down to a lower deck for those inhull balconys which are all lower decks.

Im excited too Michele and not even daring what you are doing.

Yep, we get to dine with the steerage. :D Anyone in "non-suite" eats in the dining room. And you know what, that is perfectly fine with me. :D:D:D Did you see that dining room? :eek: beautiful

Michele, did you just find out today? How did they notify you? This is awesome.....where is the QM2 going to take you?

They drew her name yesterday.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

New York, NY (Brooklyn)

-- 05:00 PM Monday, December 21, 2009

At Sea -- -- Tuesday, December 22, 2009

At Sea -- -- Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

08:00 AM 01:00 PM Thursday, December 24, 2009

Road Town, Tortola

09:00 AM 06:00 PM

Friday, December 25, 2009

At Sea

-- -- Saturday, December 26, 2009

Willemstad, Curacao

08:00 AM 02:00 PM Sunday, December 27, 2009

St. George's, Grenada

09:00 AM 06:00 PM Monday, December 28, 2009

Bridgetown, Barbados

08:00 AM 06:00 PM Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Castries, St. Lucia

08:00 AM

06:00 PM

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Roseau, Dominica

08:00 AM 06:00 PM Thursday, December 31, 2009

Basseterre, St. Kitts

08:00 AM 06:00 PM

Friday, January 1, 2010

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

08:00 AM

05:00 PM

Saturday, January 2, 2010

At Sea

-- -- Sunday, January 3, 2010

At Sea

-- -- Monday, January 4, 2010

New York, NY (Brooklyn)

Disembark

--

Michele, did you just find out today? How did they notify you? This is awesome.....where is the QM2 going to take you?

I found out yesterday when I opened my inbox and saw a whole bunch of emails with the subject "OMG!!!!"

Some other CCers found out before I did...lol. It had been posted on the other board.

The itinerary begins and ends in New York and goes to Turks & Caicos, Tortola, Curacao, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Kitts, St. Thomas.

The only one of those that I have ever been to was St. Thomas.

I am looking into upgrading. :D

I just saw you could upgrade for $388 to the lowest level hull balcony. Wow, its $235 to the lowest level of inhull balcony for us on only a 5 day.

Ill let you know what its like when I get back. Im doing the July 4th QM2 cruise that will be in Boston Harbor for fireworks. I cant imagine trying to pack for 15 days, Im yikes over 5 days.

Its probably too early for them to talk about hotel for you, but ours is $289 pp for the Hyatt Grand, I cannot wait. Im so excited you wouldnt believe. I didnt mean to step on your toes, Im just too too excited about a 5 day and something completely different.

Archived