Booking today instead of Monday - did I just shoot myself in the foot?

Hey Michele!

Congrats on the awesome prize! Sounds like a great way to spend (and $pend!) Christmas and New Years!

I was in Newport, RI in mid-September and the Queen Mary's sister ship, the QE2, was in port. Here is a shot I took that you may enjoy...

2871790880_9bd7fa239f_o.jpg

If you want to see more, go to my Newport, RI set on myFlickr photostream here:

set-72157607381590096

Sorry I can't answer your question but what a dilemma!! :p:eek::D

I also wanted to add my congratulations on your fantastic win. What a great way to celebrate christmas and new year.

I too will look for your review when you retunr.

Have fun packing for your princesses.

Thats interesting! Did RCI only hit the sailings that were the most popular? We are sailing President's Week, which was already at a crazy price! Insides are at $1249 and balconies are at almost $1600.

I don't think so. Our balcony price went up $70 per person for the 11/27/10 Oasis, the week after Thanksgiving which is usually known as a "low" period if that is the correct termanology for it. Usually the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are less popular and lower priced.

I skipped pages 2 and 3, but here's something you could do: if the prices don't go up on Monday, book a different cabin. Then call RCI and ask them to cancel the original booking but transfer the cabin to your new booking. They can put some kind of hold on it to keep it from going back into inventory and being snatched up.

Fantastic, Michelle. Enjoy that 15 day Cruise. I have sailed this ship and they do dress up very formal on formal nights. All most all the men were in Tuxes. Ladies in beautiful gowns.

Mike in Kansas - thank you, I am going to go look at the pictures now!

megr1125 - Shhhhh, they might hear you. ;) (seriously, I know. I'll have it covered :))

Ike - That's fine. We like to dress up. :D And the way I see it, the holiday gowns that go on sail after THIS Christmas will be perfect for me to wear next Christmas. And if anyone says I am wearing "last year's fashion" I don't care...lol. :p

Mike in Kansas - thank you, I am going to go look at the pictures now!

megr1125 - Shhhhh, they might hear you. ;) (seriously, I know. I'll have it covered :))

:p

i figured you did, but i have a couple tax clients who won lottery money and/or prizes and they spent it all before they told me they won!!! i'm not tellin anyone tho!! :p:D (and i am glad that you have properly planned-as usual! note to anyone entering contests-be smart like michele!)

i figured you did, but i have a couple tax clients who won lottery money and/or prizes and they spent it all before they told me they won!!! i'm not tellin anyone tho!! :p:D (and i am glad that you have properly planned-as usual! note to anyone entering contests-be smart like michele!)

Im figuring I'll be paying about $1000 tax on my cruise(which I am thinking is worth around 5,000)

I don't think so. Our balcony price went up $70 per person for the 11/27/10 Oasis, the week after Thanksgiving which is usually known as a "low" period if that is the correct termanology for it. Usually the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are less popular and lower priced.

Well there you go, there is no theory.

Shh!

Are there any other contests out there?

I like to win a cruise. :D

And how I won - there was a contest on another cruise board and I was picked by "random computer drawing" :D:D See, and my hubby always complained that I "wasted time on the cruise boards". I should make him stay home...lol. :p

Some people have all the luck. :rolleyes:

Way to go!!!! :D

Megr1125....I called Accountant and warned him so he'd get the quarterly deposits right before I emailed to accept the winnings!....Unfortunately, the govt thinks they are entitled to their percentage of anything we all win or earn.

But a 15 day cruise for the amount of the taxes is still a heck of a deal....at least that's the way I look at it......and between the 5 day and the 15 day that I won I'll have a fair tax bill.....but it's TWO cruises so what the heck!

jul

Megr1125....I called Accountant and warned him so he'd get the quarterly deposits right before I emailed to accept the winnings!....Unfortunately, the govt thinks they are entitled to their percentage of anything we all win or earn.

But a 15 day cruise for the amount of the taxes is still a heck of a deal....at least that's the way I look at it......and between the 5 day and the 15 day that I won I'll have a fair tax bill.....but it's TWO cruises so what the heck!

jul

not to mention the best part..........the company you'll get to keep on those 2 cruises..:p

jul

Wow you won both??? What are the odds of that happening. ... and folks thought Michele was lucky, you are double lucky.

Im surprised they would send you a tax bill though on the cruise?? If they didnt ask your SSN number how could the IRS know? .... or maybe they did ask?

not to mention the best part..........the company you'll get to keep on those 2 cruises..:p

That's a GIVEN!!!! Anytime I get to sail with Spb's (honorary or not!!!) it's always special........Cannot WAIT til July.......(Can't believe I'm taking off work at an extremely busy weekend and then the week before Cmas...I MUST HAVE LOST MY MIND!!!)

jul

That's a GIVEN!!!! Anytime I get to sail with Spb's (honorary or not!!!) it's always special........Cannot WAIT til July.......(Can't believe I'm taking off work at an extremely busy weekend and then the week before Cmas...I MUST HAVE LOST MY MIND!!!)

jul

What's a Spb's, can I be one?? huh huh huh??

I couldnt go for 15 days so to me that folks got it who can go is so awesome. I would be doing a B2B on Voyager when she gets into Galveston if I could be gone 2 weeks. I had a chance for a great price on the date before mine and just couldnt do it. I have to spread dates out and even then they dont want me to go out of other ports other than Galveston. I just broke the news kinda to my mom this weekend about the shorter cruise and then said right away, but I can be back in 6 days, before she started in on me.

What's a Spb's, can I be one?? huh huh huh??

That ship has sailed!!! LOL...It's a group of us that were on the Radiance 9/14/07 Polar Bear Cruise!!!! Just a group of great CC friends that sail together when we are lucky enuff to make it work out!!

jul :)

That ship has sailed!!! LOL...It's a group of us that were on the Radiance 9/14/07 Polar Bear Cruise!!!! Just a group of great CC friends that sail together when we are lucky enuff to make it work out!!

jul :)

Well, too bad it's a closed group :(

There is a group who sailed together before on one of my roll calls, who says we can all join their group even though they meet on a previous cruise.

Well it's Sunday and I checked the prices, still the same for me. Only one more day left. :)

I wonder if it does stay the same for me if I can just call and ask them to remove the fuel charges. :p

Mine as well, would love it if they would remove them, but since they have 2010 included with the 2009 "date removal chart" I doubt it.

So if the price is the same for a 2010 cruise less the fuel surcharge do you need to cancel and rebook now that RCCL is not charging the surcharge for 2010 cruises?

TIA.

Someone posted here that they would leave it. At least this way you have a chance they will remove the surcharge and give you OBC for the amount. If you cancel and rebook with the $70 added in, you have no chance. Im leaving mine alone unless the price drops so there is a savings.

Archived