Booking today instead of Monday - did I just shoot myself in the foot?

I see the "winners" are going to get "club level" hotel reservations at the Hyatt Grand, VIP, consierge, breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres, entrance to a private club. Lucky dogs!!! I dont think I even want to know how much this would cost.

I'm going to be staying with the peons, lol. Hopefully, even regular rooms at the hotel will be nice.

This is going to be so much fun!!!

I see the "winners" are going to get "club level" hotel reservations at the Hyatt Grand, VIP, consierge, breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres, entrance to a private club. Lucky dogs!!! I dont think I even want to know how much this would cost.

I'm going to be staying with the peons, lol. Hopefully, even regular rooms at the hotel will be nice.

This is going to be so much fun!!!

Not to mention airfare, dinner, NYC tour,Broadway play(at least for the July one)............it really is an amazing prize........

Not to mention airfare, dinner, NYC tour,Broadway play(at least for the July one)............it really is an amazing prize........

I'm not even real sure what's included with my fare ..... and Im still going, lol. It will be so out of the ordinary for me just to go to NYC and see a Broadway musical, I'm excited and I'm not even a "winner" per se. I think it's a amazing trip too. lol. The July trip is shorter, so I will have to make sure I get out and find things faster. It took me 3 days on Voyager to find out that the cafe in the promenade had free pizza lol. I gotta do better. Of course had I read on CC I would have known, but I only booked 4 days before voyager so maybe I can be forgiven for not doing my homework. This time we have lots of time to plan.

Iv put planetarium at the top of my list on QM2.

I had to switch my Oasis booking from Jan to Sept (long story short, I won a 15 day Cunard cruise and I can't do both woo20hoo.gif)

Congrats to you Michelle.. I saw that:D I embark on Liberty this morning and will book Oasis on Monday. I waited and my sailing did go up $70. pp.

Congrats! on your win.

I am booked on the Oasis and plan on cancelling and rebooking on Monday. It is a $280 savings since I have 2 cabins. I just do not get why RCI will not just take it off the invoice? My TA called and they said we have to rebook. This causes double the work for RCI and my TA. Wouldn't it be easier to just drop the fuel charge on 2010 sailings instead of cancelling and rebooking?

Michelle - that is so AWESOME winning a 15 day cruise!!!!! get over here and rub my arm for luck, ok???

Ok, now I am "rubbing Robyn". :eek:

Guess we will have to report to YOU about the Oasis since we will now be cruising before you.;)

~Lisa

I know! Crazy isn't it! You better tell me ALL about it! Get ready to be grilled by me when you get back...lol. Tell Mike I said thanks too. :D

I see the "winners" are going to get "club level" hotel reservations at the Hyatt Grand, VIP, concierge, breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres, entrance to a private club. Lucky dogs!!! I dont think I even want to know how much this would cost.

I know! Concierge in NYC shocked.gif I just can't even imagine. Do you know what is so ironic about this....we are going to NYC next month. I tried to get tickets to Radio City Christmas Spectacular and was bummed that they would be $140pp. So I decided that it was just too much for 5 people (my mom is coming to NYC next month with us). And when I saw that the cruise next year comes with THOSE tickets, I almost cried. I was so happy. So the girls get to see that show now. xmas.gif

Congratulations - way to go. Enjoy that fabulous cruise.

Hey, from one Penn State fan to another, thanks! :D

I just do not get why RCI will not just take it off the invoice? My TA called and they said we have to rebook. This causes double the work for RCI and my TA. Wouldn't it be easier to just drop the fuel charge on 2010 sailings instead of cancelling and rebooking?

It's so they can raise the price on Monday, that's why. If they do raise the price (which I suspect they will) then by cancelling you will have to pay Monday's rates. So make sure it works out (dollar wise) before you cancel your trip.

Recently I have been talking to C&A frequently because I booked 3, 2010 cruises. A few reps mentioned the fuel surcharge will be inclusive after NOV 10...I take that to mean they will increase rates $10 per day on each voyage and state fuel surchage included in price. So where does that put the rest of us if price drops occur etc?....never a dull moment with the cruise industry:)

Congrats Michelle...have a wonderful time. Glad to see people really do win those contests.

I am booked on the Oasis and plan on cancelling and rebooking on Monday. It is a $280 savings since I have 2 cabins. I just do not get why RCI will not just take it off the invoice? My TA called and they said we have to rebook.

Congrats to you Michelle.. I saw that:D I embark on Liberty this morning and will book Oasis on Monday. I waited and my sailing did go up $70. pp.

My Oasis cruise just went up $70 pp too (coincidence??!!) !!! :( So, I dont think there is any benefit to cancelling and rebooking to get rid of that durn fuel surcharge. Im also paying that $10 fuel on Voyager next April, so Im getting hit twice and going to wait to book anything else in 2010.

I know! Concierge in NYC shocked.gif I just can't even imagine. Do you know what is so ironic about this....we are going to NYC next month. I tried to get tickets to Radio City Christmas Spectacular and was bummed that they would be $140pp. So I decided that it was just too much for 5 people (my mom is coming to NYC next month with us). And when I saw that the cruise next year comes with THOSE tickets, I almost cried. I was so happy. So the girls get to see that show now. xmas.gif

Oh, you already knew?? Probably they sent everything to the winners is how you knew? I saw it in the file about NYC, for some reason they only said about the hotel for winners. Iv heard its a nice hotel. Im reading everything I can find lol.

I was thinking $300 for dinner and a show for the two of us, but if your tickets were running $140, sounds like I might be guessing too low!!! I really can't be cruising for 15 days right now, so I'm happy for you and like I said it couldn't happen to a nicer person. My trip is perfect for me because I can go and be back in a week, so no one at home will fuss about me being gone too long. I'm so glad folks won who are excited and can do the longer cruise.

Recently I have been talking to C&A frequently because I booked 3, 2010 cruises. A few reps mentioned the fuel surcharge will be inclusive after NOV 10...I take that to mean they will increase rates $10 per day on each voyage and state fuel surchage included in price. So where does that put the rest of us if price drops occur etc?....never a dull moment with the cruise industry:)

Congrats Michelle...have a wonderful time. Glad to see people really do win those contests.

So we are better off keeping the booking and hoping that fuel stays low so we can a refund as an on board credit.

So we are better off keeping the booking and hoping that fuel stays low so we can a refund as an on board credit.

But if I booked my 7 day cruise for 809. today with the 70 fsc and you book yours same CAT as mine on Monday for 879. with out the surcharge

and 4 months from now prices drop on our CAT to 849. you would get the price drop and I would not. So wouldn't you be better off.

I guess we will see what happens on Monday.............

Oh, you already knew??

Yep, they emailed the entire prize description to us. :)

Yes, that's what I am thinking. The prices look like they went up $70. So that means to save $70 on fuel you are paying more on the booking. And we *may* get our surcharges refunded as OBC as long as oil stays at $65 or under.

So check your cruise price. And hold onto that reservation!

But if I booked my 7 day cruise for 809. today with the 70 fsc and you book yours same CAT as mine on Monday for 879. with out the surcharge

and 4 months from now prices drop on our CAT to 849. you would get the price drop and I would not. So wouldn't you be better off.

I guess we will see what happens on Monday.............[/quote]

I am waiting for Monday also. RCI will be very busy on Monday!

Our 2010 sailing on the Mariner has not increased yet.

Same here....no increase in my Oasis yet either. There is no difference between the price last month and today for either of the sailings I was on Jan or Sept.

And my cabin is still available from the January reservation I released. :D

I think they hit the Oasis sailings ONLY (unless someone else knows otherwise). Let us know on Monday if your sailing was effected.

Nope, mine hasn't changed recently. The price of my Oasis January sailing went up when the bookings were released to the public. But I just checked and it's still the same.

Same here....no increase in my Oasis yet either. There is no difference between the price last month and today for either of the sailings I was on Jan or Sept.

And my cabin is still available from the January reservation I released. :D

Thats interesting! Did RCI only hit the sailings that were the most popular? We are sailing President's Week, which was already at a crazy price! Insides are at $1249 and balconies are at almost $1600.

Thats interesting! Did RCI only hit the sailings that were the most popular? We are sailing President's Week, which was already at a crazy price! Insides are at $1249 and balconies are at almost $1600.

Oh yeah, that's a supply/demand deal. If they had the demand, they raised the price. I don't think that was part of the surcharge offet, yet.

Check it on Monday and see if it increased from there.

This increase was over night, because it wasn't there when i check yesterday.

:confused: then you got me there. It could still be supply/demand. Was it on all categories? Or are you just noticing yours? Let me know if it raises again on Monday.

I'll report back about my sailings too. :)

Nope, mine hasn't changed recently. The price of my Oasis January sailing went up when the bookings were released to the public. But I just checked and it's still the same.

We were talking on our Oasis roll call, and all the inside cabins, except PR, each category went up exactly $70. someone was also upset the Balconys went up and calculated out to exactly $70 up on all the balconys too. No one remembers the OVs. This was Thursday afternoon all the prices went up $70 pp almost across the board. Im sure hoping they dont raise them another $70 pp on Monday, but who knows.

We were talking on our Oasis roll call, and all the inside cabins, except PR, each category went up exactly $70. someone was also upset the Balconys went up and calculated out to exactly $70 up on all the balconys too. No one remembers the OVs. This was Thursday afternoon all the prices went up $70 pp almost across the board. Im sure hoping they dont raise them another $70 pp on Monday, but who knows.

Maybe it was just certain categories. :confused:

The prices that I posted (yes, complained...lol) about in the Oasis section was $8,156.00 for 4 in a JS for the 1/16 sailing. I posted that on 10/22.

I just checked RCCL.com and the price for the same JS is still $8,156.00 for 4.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=863753

My D1 category had gone up $100 each when it went onsale to the public...but has stayed stable since.

Our 2/6/2010 Oasis sailing has gone up $20 pp in both cabin categories we are in. So, as of now, we would possibly re-coup $215 of the $315 we will be paying for in fuel surcharge (assuming the surcharge is still in effect on 12/18/2009). We'll see what prices look like on Monday...

Archived