Jewel Cabin Paranoia

Thanks to everyone for their help on previous posts. Unfortunately despite checking every day no D1 cabins have opened up for March 13 cruise. One hour there was 8, next hour they were gone!

I guess I am stuck with E1 for now. (It will be cozy!).

Would you recommend staying with cabin right at front of the boat on Deck 9 or going with one on Deck 7 with the "rimmed" balconies.

The one at the front should be quiet but I am a bit worried about seasickness. Would it be that much worse at the front

No one else in my house seems to worry about these things. My family is beginning to think they should just leave me home. Then Mom won't be worrying and they would have more room!!!!!!!!!!

I would go ahead and book the E1 cabin but keep watching religiously. You may see some D1's open up near final payment time. If not, you have a cabin and honestly, the E1 isn't that much smaller than a D1.

Thanks Horror Fan

I have booked the E1 at the front of the boat. I am just kicking myself because in the time it took me to make dinner last weekend, all of the D1 cabins disappeared. I was just wondering if the E1 rooms on Deck 7 might be better. They have the bigger rimmed balconies.

I notice you are coming in from Canada. Are you flying out of Toronto or Buffalo. Flight prices are a bit steep as well.

Thanks Horror Fan

I have booked the E1 at the front of the boat. I am just kicking myself because in the time it took me to make dinner last weekend, all of the D1 cabins disappeared. I was just wondering if the E1 rooms on Deck 7 might be better. They have the bigger rimmed balconies.

I notice you are coming in from Canada. Are you flying out of Toronto or Buffalo. Flight prices are a bit steep as well.

Are you relying on the website for availability of D1's? If yes, call RCCL directly as they may have some not showing. I just checked my system 9654 is available, call NOW

Thanks Horror Fan

We are flying out of Toronto on March 12 with Air Canada. I will ALWAYS fly a day early from now on. And we are returning on the 24th. The prices for flights are half what they are on March 13 and March 23. Or at least they were when we booked (in June). So a day before and after in Miami is more than paid for with the less expensive flights.

I have looked at the prices of flights since we booked and they are at least half again as much now as when I booked, but I booked before the fuel prices went crazy.

Edit: You should come over to the roll call thread and meet some of the others on the March 13 sailing. And don't forget to sign up for the meet and mingle.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=576768&page=16

Archived