Things to do on sea days!

richnorto

There have been a few posts lately about the possible lack of entertainment and activities on HAL. I did some board research and can reassure everyone that there is plenty of entertainment!

I checked with the "blender" thread and discovered that balcony grilling and dining is the way to go especially if you bring the grill, charcoal and fluid (gift shop sells out) but don't forget to...

Bring your fishing rod and tackle. Cruise ship trolling brings in the biggest catch, but if you don't want to tip the steward a couple quarters to clean and filet the catch, you can have him ice it down in your NASCAR giant cooler you used to carry your beer onboard!

Golf is a big favorite for my DH - hates to miss a day! No need as the ships are plenty big! The hallways make great fairways, look out for the water hazards on top and out of bounds balls REALLY are!

My girls love gymnastics (as I've mentioned on a previous post;)). Lido is a real charm as obstacles are no problem and those walkers left sitting around are great substitutions for the vault!!

If you are into water play, grab the kids for a bellyflop contest in the adult pool. Nobody ever in there to land on! Hey, no adult pool? - the spa pool is even better - it's warm!!! The kids just love splashing around in there!

Someone did mention water skiing, but does anyone know if we have to bring our own and how much they charge to rent? I'll bet that wake is WICKED!!!

Bungee jumping... I'm not sure. Anyone know how many I have to tie together?

Thanks for the inspiration! I am going to have a great cruise! Making plans! Anybody run across other great ideas?:D

Thanks! I think in these times, we all need to laugh when we can and look for the positives! Thanks "blender" thread posters for the inspiration!:)

Have to agree. Might add rocket building and launching as well as parasailing! Seriously, we always wish that some of the lectures and activities were repeated as we find too much to do. But, of course, if you are a bridge player, your time can be full anyway.

Sure!

Morning activities: eat, read, and fall asleep

Afternoon activities: eat, read, and fall asleep, wake up and walk 1x around the promenade.

Evening activities: eat, relax in the bar, see a show, dance, read and fall asleep.

Next day repeat above activities

There have been a few posts lately about the possible lack of entertainment and activities on HAL. I did some board research and can reassure everyone that there is plenty of entertainment!

I checked with the "blender" thread and discovered that balcony grilling and dining is the way to go especially if you bring the grill, charcoal and fluid (gift shop sells out) but don't forget to...

Bring your fishing rod and tackle. Cruise ship trolling brings in the biggest catch, but if you don't want to tip the steward a couple quarters to clean and filet the catch, you can have him ice it down in your NASCAR giant cooler you used to carry your beer onboard!

Golf is a big favorite for my DH - hates to miss a day! No need as the ships are plenty big! The hallways make great fairways, look out for the water hazards on top and out of bounds balls REALLY are!

My girls love gymnastics (as I've mentioned on a previous post;)). Lido is a real charm as obstacles are no problem and those walkers left sitting around are great substitutions for the vault!!

If you are into water play, grab the kids for a bellyflop contest in the adult pool. Nobody ever in there to land on! Hey, no adult pool? - the spa pool is even better - it's warm!!! The kids just love splashing around in there!

Someone did mention water skiing, but does anyone know if we have to bring our own and how much they charge to rent? I'll bet that wake is WICKED!!!

Bungee jumping... I'm not sure. Anyone know how many I have to tie together?

Thanks for the inspiration! I am going to have a great cruise! Making plans! Anybody run across other great ideas?:D

My Blender Thread!!

That went really wild!! :D

Oh, great... now I have to do a "Blender" search! Hope I can find it! :)

I am new to these boards, but have so enjoyed this thread that I decided to do a search on blenders. I hope this is what you guys are talking about. It is hysterical! I just noticed my link starts with page 2, that's how far I had gotten when I decided to post this for all of you to find. So make sure you go back to page one - some very funny stuff!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=58003&highlight=Blender&page=2

OK, I have just finished all 19 pages of that thread! So many of you wonderful people I have seen on this board made appearances. I can't remember when I have laughed so hard! I should be packing as we leave on Sunday, but I just couldn't pry myself away. I do have one favor to ask of Rev Neal. Would it be possible to talk to your boss about some water I plan to bring onboard :D? And since this is a thread about what to do on sea days, may I suggest parasailing? You just need to bring your own ropes, harness and parachute. Or maybe you could get the nice lady with the sewing machine to make a parachute for you.

Archived