Can Room Assignment Be Changed With One Week to Sail?

prettybrowneyes

My co-worker booked using a TA. She received her documents yesterday and found is not happy about her room assisgnment. She requested the Empress deck on the Destiny and ended up on the Riveria at the back of the ship. (TA assusred her she was booked on the Empress) She checked Carnival's website and there are still rooms available (She sails on the 22nd) at a cheaper price.

Has anyone requested changes this close to sailing? Were the changes granted? She is really disappointed and I would hate for her to start her vacation upset.

My co-worker booked using a TA. She received her documents yesterday and found is not happy about her room assisgnment. She requested the Empress deck on the Destiny and ended up on the Riveria at the back of the ship. (TA assusred her she was booked on the Empress) She checked Carnival's website and there are still rooms available (She sails on the 22nd) at a cheaper price.

Has anyone requested changes this close to sailing? Were the changes granted? She is really disappointed and I would hate for her to start her vacation upset.

She should of selected a specific cabin. Anyways, she needs to call Carnival now and get that changed. Its going to cost too because price jumps alot from Rivera to Empress big time.

Her T/A really screwed her big time. The only way to get a Guaranteed cabin on Empress was to book that category cabin on Empress.

Fred

If she booked a category guarantee they can put her in whatever location they want, request or not, as long as she gets the minimum category she paid for,,,,she should have paid for a specific cabin number (a bit more) and picked her own cabin,,,,don't know how a ta could "guarantee" E deck if she booked a guarantee,,,,,

But she could ask, as long as the category is the same,,,,they MIGHT give her one,,,,if they have it,,,

OTOH, we booked a 6A GTY, and GOT a 6A on the Riviera deck at the back of the ship and loved it,,,,she might enjoy it,,,,

Holly

She should of selected a specific cabin. Anyways, she needs to call Carnival now and get that changed. Its going to cost too because price jumps alot from Rivera to Empress big time.

Her T/A really screwed her big time. The only way to get a Guaranteed cabin on Empress was to book that category cabin on Empress.

Fred

If she used a TA, its pointless to call Carnival. She would need to contact the TA to make any changes to her booking.

I think we are missing some information--what category room did she book? She should have known what deck(s) that was on at the time of booking, so it is hard to understand why she is just now finding out.

If she booked a guarantee room, she cannot specify which deck she wants. If she wants to convert her guarantee booking to a specific category booking she can do that, but will have to pay the appropriate rate. I suspect the price she is seeing is limited to new bookings, but perhaps not. She will need to work through her TA to make this change.

If she wants to convert her guarantee booking to a specific category booking she can do that, but will have to pay the appropriate rate. I suspect the price she is seeing is limited to new bookings, but perhaps not. She will need to work through her TA to make this change.

I would imagine the price difference is just a case of cruise prices falling. They are at an all time low.

If she used a TA, its pointless to call Carnival. She would need to contact the TA to make any changes to her booking.

The only reason why I would call a T/A back is to FIRE THEM on the spot :D

Like Donald Trump says, YOURE FIRED @!!!!

Fred

By the time she gets on the beautiful ship and sees her lovely cabin, she won't even care where it's located.:)

That brings up a point, whats the difference between Rivera and Empress, the cabin looks the same once inside :rolleyes: I rather keep Rivera and spend the extra money on more FUNSHIP SPECIALS !! :D:D:D

FRED

That brings up a point, whats the difference between Rivera and Empress, the cabin looks the same once inside :rolleyes: I rather keep Rivera and spend the extra money on more FUNSHIP SPECIALS !! :D:D:D

FRED

a couple more floors to go up in the elevator,,,that's about the only difference I noticed,,,,

DH and I got teased alot by Empress snobs in the elevators, though, about if we had to help paddle the boat down there,,,,eyeroll,,,

Holly

She could have requested a 4D gty (I'm assuming the insides on the empress deck are still 4D's) - they used to gty the floor you'd receive, not sure since they changed the classifications though. They she would have been gty at least the Empress deck.

One very important thing you mentioned was that there are still cabins open where she WANTS to be. She can switch over to one of those cabins. Her TA can do this since you say the rate is lower that what she paid. ;)

To add...no TA can gty you a specific cabin on a specific deck IF YOU BOOK GTY. This seems to come up a lot here on CC. :(

One very important thing you mentioned was that there are still cabins open where she WANTS to be. She can switch over to one of those cabins. Her TA can do this since you say the rate is lower that what she paid. ;)

To add...no TA can gty you a specific cabin on a specific deck IF YOU BOOK GTY. This seems to come up a lot here on CC. :(

WE booked GTY and didnt like our location (AFT) and had our TA call

and try to switch to the many cabins in the forward, same deck, same price.... we were told NO.

:(

so GTY is what you get is what you get unless you find a very very nice Carnival employee.:o

She could have requested a 4D gty (I'm assuming the insides on the empress deck are still 4D's) - they used to gty the floor you'd receive, not sure since they changed the classifications though. They she would have been gty at least the Empress deck.

For clarification, I didn't mean an IS gty - that's an inside run of the ship guarantee where you can end up on any floor.

4D guarantee is that she'd be guaranteed at the minimum an Empress deck cabin (provided that's what the Empress deck insides are classified as on her ship).

I think we are missing some information--what category room did she book? She should have known what deck(s) that was on at the time of booking, so it is hard to understand why she is just now finding out.

thats what I was thinking. If she booked a specific cabin on Empress deck she wouldnt be on Riveria deck. We cant even guess what happened without knowing what was booked. Several have guessed a guarantee, but the OP never said.

Prettybrowneyes - Specifically what Category did your friend book? Did she book a "Guarantee" bopoking? If she booked a 4A Guarantee (an IS Guarantee) she got exactly what she paid for and agreed to - a CAT 4A cabin or better, any deck, any location on the deck. ken

You don't give us quite enough information. Did she book a guarantee? If, for example, she booked a 4D guarantee (assuming she booked before Carnival reclassified their cabins) she would get at least an inside cabin on the Empress deck or higher, which would explain why she thought she'd be on the Empress deck. BUT, perhaps she was assigned an OV cabin on the Riviera deck which would actually be an upgrade. What did she actually book and what exactly was she assigned?

Please make sure and let us know what happened with your friend, and of course the details other posters have asked for.

I'm curious what category she booked also but my main inquiry is what ended up happening.

Let us know the latest! :)

Missing info........she just received her docs one week prior to sailing:confused:

I don't think your co worker is giving all the info here.....

Never heard of requesting a deck before........

Bottom line though, if there are still rooms available at a cheaper price, her TA should have no problem switching her cabin to one that she prefers, and hopefully even getting her an onboard credit. I've booked cruises, changed cabins, changed roomies, etc... up to two to three days before sailing. I've had to pick up documents at embarkation, but it was no biggie.

Thanks for the information everyone. This is her first cruise so I am not sure she knew what to ask or understood everything that was told to her. I am such a cruise junkie, I sort of "hyped" her up to go ahead and book and now she is disappointed. I told her she will have so much fun doing other things it won't matter about the room, but as of now she is not convinced.

Yes, she received her documents yesterday. I kept asking if she had spoken to her TA about the documents, but the TA kept giving her the run around. I had to take her to meet the TA in the parking lot of a shopping center to pick up the documents or she still would not have them.

I'll let you all know what happens.

Thanks for the information everyone. This is her first cruise so I am not sure she knew what to ask or understood everything that was told to her. I am such a cruise junkie, I sort of "hyped" her up to go ahead and book and now she is disappointed. I told her she will have so much fun doing other things it won't matter about the room, but as of now she is not convinced.

Yes, she received her documents yesterday. I kept asking if she had spoken to her TA about the documents, but the TA kept giving her the run around. I had to take her to meet the TA in the parking lot of a shopping center to pick up the documents or she still would not have them.

I'll let you all know what happens.

Yowza, all the more reason to book directly thru CCL.

Glad you've been helping her out, would be a tragedy that she thinks the cruise sucked just because of a bad TA.

Archived