Positive things about Celebrity!

JRarey

I read these boards everyday, and well it is getting a bit discouraging lately with all the negatives being brought up.

I wanted to start a thread that makes people thrilled about going on their next Celebrity cruise.

Let's write a thread with all the wonderful things there are about a Celebrity cruise.

I will start!

I love the smiles and polite service I receive from the staff!

I also love the melon Coladas they serve as drink of the day!

My list can go on and on but I would like to hear others positive things to say about their Celebrity experiences.

Looking forward to reading a thread that is many, many pages long!

Jan

We also love the service & of course it is so nice to come aboard & get a drink..only have had that on X ships. Everyone is so friendly on board & can't forget the WAFFLES & Pizza...am so hoping our cruise in 3 weeks the food will be good--doesn't have to be GREAT--course THAT would help...:Dbut love the Mercury & I am sure it will be fine.

I love that when I ask for a medium RARE steak it really comes that way!

Ohhh! and the cold clothes while waiting for boarding after an excursion, and the display of desserts. I like to see what I'm picking. Sometimes the descriptions don't match the item.

And the hot chocolate while waiting for the tender in Alaska, presented by the pool staff.

The parade of sherbet around the pool in the afternoon on a hot day.

And mostly the wonderful staff and travelers we have met along the way!

To me the number one thing is the service. The majority of the staff are so nice and friendly and helpful - from the Assistant waiters and cabin attendants up to the high ranking officers.

While there is a lot of selling on all cruise ships, and plenty on Celebrity, it still doesn't seem as bad as on other lines. Or at least not put in your face as often and not in your ears - no constant PA announcements. The only PA announcements on Celebrity are the noon Captains report followed by a brief recap of activities by the cruise director and announcements for such routine things as when the ship is cleared for disembarkation at ports of call.

They also treat you like a reasonable person. Some lines make it so difficult to do simple things like get a couple pool towels for use on deck. You have to sign your life away to get one towel - on Celebrity they are there for your use and if you want two for your lounge chair then just take two. Celebrity also does add a lot of small extra touches - the cold clothes and cool drinks when you return to the ship, the welcome aboard champagne, sorbet served around the pool on hot sea day afternoons and others - nothing super spectacular but very nice and elegant touches.

And, despite all the griping about food, we still think Celebrity has darn good food overall! I won't elaberate as there are too many other threads.

As firsttimers on the Mille to Alaska. we were satisfied The service , the cleanliness, the attitude of the staff. even the canapas that people complain about were a pleasant change as we prepared for evening. So we have booked another cruise. I agree, in these troubled times let's be positive and look forward to another 14 days of enjoyment

So many great things, Pizza and Pasta till 11:00 at night, the salutations from EVERYONE on the ship, smoked salmon every morning for breakfast, half priced drinks everyday, the service everywhere on the ship, many wow factors on the Galaxy going on the Solstice next time.

Dona March on vaction at Honeygrams

I have yet to sail with Celebrity yet, my cruise starts on 12/15, but I am really loving the refunds. I booked my cruise originally for about $350 each and I am down to $199 now. All I have to do is call when I see the rates drop and the refund posts to my account within 24 hours. They finally assigned my room and I'm a category 10 on a 5 night cruise for less than a 3 night with Carnival and I can already tell I am getting the better "product" on top of a lower rate. :D

I have yet to sail with Celebrity yet' date=' my cruise starts on 12/15, but I am really loving the refunds. I booked my cruise originally for about $350 each and I am down to $199 now. All I have to do is call when I see the rates drop and the refund posts to my account within 24 hours. They finally assigned my room and I'm a category 10 on a 5 night cruise for less than a 3 night with Carnival and I can already tell I am getting the better "product" on top of a lower rate. :D[/quote']

There is no comparison between Celebrity and Carnival. You will feel like royalty on Celebrity.

I agree with everything so far (except I can't speak for the waffles because I've never had them) and I want to add that I really like the itineraries.

I like the longer itineraries and =X= has plenty of exotic destinations to tempt me; I want to see the world.

I love Celebrity's class act.

I love Celebrity's breads, pastries, and deserts best of them all. No other line even comes close.

I still think Celebrity has the best food in the main dining room of them all. They all have went down somewhat, but Celebrity's is still the best.

We were on the Millie - 14 day Alaska in September- our first Celebrity cruise!! It was fantastic!, Love the hot chocolate when you come back from shore, Love the ice cream in the afternoon in the buffet, Love, Love, Love the WAFFLES!! But most of all we love the service. The staff went above and beyond in the service department, so much so that we have booked a 16 day Panama Canal for next September!! Only problem is that September is soooo far away:(:(!!

I'm loving this thread, with all the bad stuff the new Celebrity cruisers read on these boards, its a wonder they don't cancel and book with another line! I was scared myself, but oh so glad that we went, enjoyed it so much!!!:D:D

Melody

I love room service breakfast on our balcony.

I love that your room service breakfast (ordered the night before) is always on time and I love the call you get 2 minutes before your breakfast arrives, to let you know its on the way.

I love the Cova Cafe.

I love the great musicians that play in the Cova Cafe and in the outdoor bar/restaurant in the evenings.

I love the specialty restaurants.

I love the midnight bites.

I love how your waiters learn your preferences and take so much care to get anything you would like.

I love that, on your next trip, the staff will remember you, even if you last sailed with them 9 months ago.

I love that the staff will tell you a little about their lives in faraway places.

I love the Thalassotherapy pools.

I love the people that I meet on Celebrity. They are kind and friendly and well-travelled, and just great fun.

I love the cold towels and cool drinks they provide as you come back from a long hot day in port.

I love being rocked to sleep at night, knowing the ships are well-run and well-cared for.

...and I could go on.

I love Celebrity. Can you tell?

elena7seas-

Thanks for reminding me about the cova, great coffee and pastries!

Also for the room service breakfast, can't believe I forgot that call every day for 14 days, exactly 2 minutes before 7am (the time I put on the Card) Now thats what I call service and with a bright and cherry "Good morning, sir, ma'am, here is your breakfast, have a good day":D:D

I love Celebrity!!

My DH says he never heard anyone say anything when the cute little gal with the long legs and short skirt was the one who delivered the breakfast LOL:D

Melody:D

Archived