Positive things about Celebrity!

JRarey

After having second thoughts about sailing again with Celebrity, we have been following this thread for quite a few days now. I must say we are now looking forward to our cruise on the Infinity leaving December 7th through the Panama Canal. We are shareholders and Diamond members on RCL and love all of the perks and recognition given to loyal customers. Several years ago, we took our first cruise on Celebrity thinking we were taking "a step up" but we were very disappointed and quickly returned to RCL. This past April, to celebrate a very special anniversary, we did book the Galapagos on Celebrity's Expedition and had a fabulous trip of a lifetime. Well, here we are again, even after reading so many negative comments in other forums, looking forward to the itinerary and our Celebrity cruise to celebrate another birthday. Upon our return, I will post our thoughts. Hopefully, we are on a new and improved Celebrity! Happy Thanksgiving to all, and thanks to everyone who contributes to Cruise Critic.

I, too, followed many MANY negative comments before our 11/1 Med cruise on Summit. All I can say in response is that people complain WAY too much! I am pretty picky and found almost nothing to complain about!!! YAY!! Of course one could say that there was a dab of rust on their balcony or a frayed chair cushion, but for what we paid we had a fabulous experience. Why complain about such ridiculous things that do not affect your cruise experience?

The only thing that was iffy was the obviously old orange carpet in our cabin with the blue couch and bedspread--and the weird curtains that looked like they were from the 60's--but the room was clean, adequately sized, and a refuge to come 'home' to after a long day of sightseeing. Didn't even notice the color combo after the first day. Food was way better than those on these boards would have you believe, too.

The staff, the passengers and the overall experience were just great.

And to add to Karen MR's list, which I agree with, I nominate a relaxing sojourn in the thalassotherapy pool after a long day ashore, a nightly tradition for us, as well as a great pre-dinner drink in the martini bar watching the dancers in the Rendezvous Lounge below.

So, Kalajori, not to worry--you will have a wonderful time!

Cathy

After next week I am sure that a lot of people will be positive about the Solstice! Right now, my favorite thought about X is the cold towels. In Santorini, we walked down the donkey trail (bad idea on a warm day!) and that ice cold cloth was welcome relief!

Fernem, you are right. I also found a photo of the Chihuly at the ceiling of the very top staircase on Millie. Obviously Celebrity commissioned more than one piece from him, since his work's been seen on more than one ship. What great taste they have in art!

I also want to say that some of the best hot chocolate I've ever had was served by Celebrity officers in the port terminal at Istanbul as we waited to board there. There was a bit of delay due to immigration requirements and we'd experienced some freaky cold weather (including snow). Delicious.

You have to get there early, but the cinnamon rolls are so yummy. The real cutlery and cloth napkins in the buffet. The cloth towels in the public washrooms on formal nights and the very fine paper ones on the other nice.

Our last 2 cruises were on Princess and they just don't compare.

It's only one of many other lovely touches, but the hot tea in glass cups in silver holders after a cool day in Victoria (50 degrees) on our way to Alaska was an elegant welcome back to the ship. I can't wait to try Solstice.

The Best Stateroom Attendants

The Martinis and the Martini Shaker Routines

Many Quiet Spaces

No Announcements

Classy, Beautiful Ships

The Waffles and the Pizza

My sister and I are sailing on The Solstice on 1/11 and we are very excited!

The Best Stateroom Attendants

The Martinis and the Martini Shaker Routines

Many Quiet Spaces

No Announcements

Classy, Beautiful Ships

The Waffles and the Pizza

My sister and I are sailing on The Solstice on 1/11 and we are very excited!

Ooooooo, I'm looking forward to the waffles...Yummy!

Do they have Fish & Chips on board??

I returned yesterday from my 11 day Med cruise. I love this cruise line with it top service. I do plan on writing my review about my cruise but I just wanted to take a moment and say a few things here. The service was well above the standard service. Many people stated on a few boards about the service has gone down hill. I was on the Century in 2005 and it is the same service if not better than before. In fact, this time I was in an inside room and last time I was in the Sky Suite......same service......same treatment (yes, I did have a butler, but I had everything I needed as well on the inside cabin too). Yes, my tray was carried in the buffet line, the brunch was wonderful......the complete staff was there to make sure your cruise was wonderful. Yes, there will always be those who see the glass half empty, while I would see the glass half full. I don't think I waited for an elevator, nor when I ate my lunch in the buffet.......I have been on over 40 cruises and I am so pleased with this line......

I love Celebrity!!!

Dorene

I want to thank all of you for this thread too.

We are seasoned cruisers but have not yet sailed Celebrity. Our first will be on the Infinity to Alaska in July 2009. We booked a CC cabin and are eagerly awaiting the "Celebrity" experience.:)

I can't wait.:)

For those of you going on your first Celebrity cruise you are in for a real treat. To my DW and I it is our favorite line. This past April took us on a Royal cruise aboard the Explorer of the Seas. It can't measure up to anything Celebrity has to offer. Take it all in. The staff is there to assist you in making your cruise a wonderful experence. I don't even look at other lines now. It is by far our favorite. Get aboard and find out what I'm raving about.

Ooooooo, I'm looking forward to the waffles...Yummy!

Do they have Fish & Chips on board??

Not everyday, but I did have them onm my last cruise on the Infinity. I also think I caught them on the grill outside a couple times. Didn't have them though, because they were grilling steak, which was great.

I hope all of you posters are on my next cruise. I think that you are all great. I'll sure need it after my last cruise.

RedNancy,

When you go on your Alaska cruise on Infinity, do not miss Brent Nixon's lectures. He is the Naturalist that they have on board.

I know, it sounds dry and perhaps boring, but it is anything but that. He gives a multimedia presentation. He's very animated, funny, and highly informative. My 9-year old loved it and insisted on a front row seat every time. I loved them too. They were simply wonderful.

By the way, do not listen to the nattering nabobs of negativism in this forum. You'll love the Infinity and your Alaska cruise.

We have cruised Princess, HAL, Royal and Celebrity. We are elite on Celebrity and diamond on Royal. Our first cruise was on the Century during its infancy; and, we were impressed. Our cruises on Celebrity were then all on the M class, on the larger balconies, which later became CC, which has been our mode of cruising ever since.

I second all of the positive comments of the other posters. As far as we are concerned, Celebrity is head and shoulders above the other lines I mentioned, except that the Radiance class on Royal was fairly nice.

In assessing the negative comments of a few of those folks, simply consider the source.

As far as we are concerned, Celebrity is head and shoulders above the other lines I mentioned, except that the Radiance class on Royal was fairly nice.

I thank you for you comments. Interestingly, the Radiance class are my favorite ships so far. In May we sail on the Regent Paul Gauguin to Tahiti. It will be fun to experience the small ship class.:)

Archived