Hmmmm, Formal Bath Robes?

travelmatron

I'm thinking "Lost a sports wager". I know a few clowns here in Central Florida who have done much worse in public to pay off a wager.

Snorkel2Much. Thank you. I never thought of that, but it seems to be a reasonable explaination. I guess I've been missing a lot by not having friends who make wagers on sports:D. There's a reason I go by 'travelmatron' instead of 'travelchic' or traveldudette'

We were on the Oosterdam cruise with Travelmatron and it was kind of depressing Formal nights. This was also the "bluejean parade" which our talblemates from England brought to our attention. Come on if ya gonna call it FORMAL make it FORMAL. There is the Lido deck or room service for guests who wish not to follow the "rules?". By the way sorry we never ran across you Travelmatron after your little plumbing problem:(. The DW said she really enjoyed meeting and talking with you.

I recall that Barbara Walters, one of the times she was invited to the White House for dinner, had some sort of luggage snaffu, and ended up wearing (I am NOT making this up), a bathrobe to dinner with the Prez.

Granted, it was probably a silk bathrobe, I believe it was red (I should Google this), and she looked smashing in it.

I do not know why anyone would wear a bathrobe, but sometimes, you just gotta let things go. Isn't your problem, no one is asking YOU to wear a bathrobe to dinner, and I daresay that bathrobe-wearing diners will be the minority.

Let us move on now...

RevNeal, What I'm saying is that I don't care what anyone else is wearing. If they are comfortable, I'm comfortable. If someone sits down at my table wearing a bathrobe, shorts and sandals, mixed stripes and plaids, stark naked, whatever, I'm fine with any of it.[/size][/font][/color][/font][/size]

Thank you for the clarification.

I recall that Barbara Walters, one of the times she was invited to the White House for dinner, had some sort of luggage snaffu, and ended up wearing (I am NOT making this up), a bathrobe to dinner with the Prez.

Granted, it was probably a silk bathrobe, I believe it was red (I should Google this), and she looked smashing in it.

Baba Wawa can get away with such. :D She's Baba Wawa.

What I'm saying is that I don't care what anyone else is wearing. If they are comfortable, I'm comfortable. If someone sits down at my table wearing a bathrobe, shorts and sandals, mixed stripes and plaids, stark naked, whatever, I'm fine with any of it.

Marc

I guess people are just aware and/or sensitive to different things. On airplanes, some people are sensitive to children crying, others notice people kicking the backs of their seats, and still others are bothered when someone in front of them fully reclines. On the other hand, I've watched many simply board, and promptly fall asleep or immerse themselves in a book.

To those who don't care, there is no issue. For those who do, they have options other than sitting there being upset. Much easier than an airplane!

We were on the Oosterdam cruise with Travelmatron and it was kind of depressing Formal nights. This was also the "bluejean parade" which our talblemates from England brought to our attention. Come on if ya gonna call it FORMAL make it FORMAL. There is the Lido deck or room service for guests who wish not to follow the "rules?". By the way sorry we never ran across you Travelmatron after your little plumbing problem:(. The DW said she really enjoyed meeting and talking with you.

Well, most importantly to us, the ship had all our plumbing problems fixed by about 1:30. They even sent a bottle of wine apologizing for the inconvenience. Problems happen, they handled it nicely.

NCL has a "Dress up...or not" night instead of a "formal" night. DH claims that on our April NCL cruise he saw more tuxedos in the dining room and lounges than on this last Oosterdam cruise. NCL also had one dining room where jeans weren't allowed. This was our first HAL cruise, and we were both surprised at the just how very casual the dining room was....not as casual as the year around Pacific Northwest attire of shorts and flannel shirts, but we expected the difference between NCL and HAL to go the other way in the dining room.

NCL has a "Dress up...or not" night instead of a "formal" night. DH claims that on our April NCL cruise he saw more tuxedos in the dining room and lounges than on this last Oosterdam cruise. NCL also had one dining room where jeans weren't allowed.

I think a lot of people who have not sailed with NCL assume everyone is super casual, all the time. Reality is quite different and it's interesting to see how people turn out when there is no code.

I think a lot of people who have not sailed with NCL assume everyone is super casual, all the time. Reality is quite different and it's interesting to see how people turn out when there is no code.

Given how people turn out even when there is a code, I can't imagine that there's much of a difference.

Just came across this thread as I'm taking a break from cooking Thanksgiving dinner. By the way, Hapy Thanksgiving to all of you.

After reading this thread, I guess I'll have to tell DH he can't wear his bathrobe to formal night on The Good Nuts Cruise. He was counting on doing that, but no one would sit with him.:eek:

Just came across this thread as I'm taking a break from cooking Thanksgiving dinner. By the way, Hapy Thanksgiving to all of you.

After reading this thread, I guess I'll have to tell DH he can't wear his bathrobe to formal night on The Good Nuts Cruise. He was counting on doing that, but no one would sit with him.:eek:

You just never know what helpful hints you may find in these threads, do you?:D

I would sit with him. Hope he wouldn't feel too uncomfortable about us wearing our formal wear -- I know how distracting it can be when others in the dining room are dressed differently than you are!

Enjoy the Good Nuts cruise. sounds like FUN!! :D

Archived