Reflecctions DVD

Woobstr112G

I just had a chance to watch my Emerald Princes (Med-T/A) reflections DVD. I found it to be nothing much more than a commercial for princess. One thing I found a little annoying was the DVD showed almost as much Caribbean related stuff as it did Med-T/A. Also the last part of the DVD was titled shipboard stufff while it showeed a ton of shore related stuff.

This is not really a rant, just an observation. I purchased the DVD thinking it wwas going to be entirely of the cruise. Anyone else share the same opinion?

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

While on board, they do usually show the DVD on one of the ship's tv channels, and add stuff to it as the cruise goes on...and yes, it is hardly very personalized to your particular cruise...it contains lots of "stock" footage, and in my view, would have been a waste of money.

While on board, they do usually show the DVD on one of the ship's tv channels, and add stuff to it as the cruise goes on...and yes, it is hardly very personalized to your particular cruise...it contains lots of "stock" footage, and in my view, would have been a waste of money.

Yup....It sure was........:mad:

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

|Hi There,

While I like to watch the DVD on the TV in cabin, I have never bought one and never will, as you are lucky to get 3 seconds off yourself and a minute of some port that you stopped at,

yours Shogun

isn't the DVD free? i thought you can get it from the website for free.

It's not the same DVD. The one they sell on the ships shows many clips of people participating in events during the week.....sail away, parties, pool activities, tours, etc.

BUT it's only a few seconds of each person or group all put together with canned shots of many different events. Some of which might not even be from your cruise of ship for that matter. If you really lucky & participate in just about every event you might see yourself 2 or 3 times for 3 seconds each.

Save you money & shoot a few videos with you digital camera yourself or

something I never gave much thought to would be using their free video & my digital vcr to edit together my own personalized dvd. Of course it wouldn't be of the same quality but at least I would wind up with loads of shots with my family instead of people I don't want.

We bought one from our 10/21 Emerald cruise. We normally wouldn't buy one but during the cruise several folks from our CC Roll Call were showing up on the TV video. I agree that much of the video has non cruise stuff which we didn't need.

I am glad we have'nt bought one yet,it is missleading as to what you really get,and it makes princess look bad,i am always surprised what management does to try and make a buck,if they did tape the cruise, that would be great, and probably worth it,and they would probably actually sell more,oh well live an learn:):rolleyes:

Archived