Fuel Charge reimbursement

iluvazsun

How much is the reimbursement per person per day? I got the notice about it and I just made my final payment, so guess I'll be getting an OBC...just wondering how much to expect.

thanks all!!

I just got an e-mail from my TA saying they were crediting our fuel surcharge back to our CC instead of giving us an OBC and we made final payment last week......Dennis

It depends on what you paid for it. It was $5 per person until April 21. At that point, they increased to $7 per person plus $2 per person for the 3rd and 4th in the cabin. Some time in June, it was increased to $9 per person plus $4 for the 3rd and 4th in cabin.

I just got an e-mail from my TA saying they were crediting our fuel surcharge back to our CC instead of giving us an OBC and we made final payment last week......Dennis

Did you pay early? If you are within final payment/penalty phase, you will get OBC. If it is before final payment, you will get the amount owed reduced. I guess we didn't know what would happen if you paid early. I guess we know now.

It depends on what you paid for it. It was $5 per person until April 21. At that point, they increased to $7 per person plus $2 per person for the 3rd and 4th in the cabin. Some time in June, it was increased to $9 per person plus $4 for the 3rd and 4th in cabin.
That would be it...effective Dec 17th....

We are sailing on the legend tomorrow and I called the other day and they said I could not get any sort of credit. Not even an obc, that sucks!!!!

Jamie

I am in the same boat as you! We're sailing on the 14th, and we're going to be ON THE SHIP on the 17th, yet no $ refunded. It's really unfair. You would figure they would give us a partial credit or something. I'm bitter and it's leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.:mad:

How much is the reimbursement per person per day? I got the notice about it and I just made my final payment, so guess I'll be getting an OBC...just wondering how much to expect.

thanks all!!

It will be how much fuel surcharge you actualy paid.

Carnival's fuel surcharge rates were $5, $7, or $9 depending when you booked.

It's $9 per person per day for the first two in a cabin. Be prepared for some less than pleasant comments for posting yet another thread on this topic.

You mean like the folks explaining it depends on what you paid??

I have two Carnival cruises at $5 pp per day, so Im only going to get $5 knocked off, not $9.

OP if you don't know what you paid, you may have to contact whomever you booked with, probably if you said how long ago you booked folks could figure it out.

thanks all!!

I'll be calling my agent Monday to find out when I can expect some $$ back. We cruise next month....

Friday, December 5, 2008 - 11:58 AM EST | Modified: Saturday, December 6, 2008 - 12:52 AM

Carnival drops fuel surcharges

Carnival Corp. & plc is suspending its fuel supplements for its six North American brands in the wake of the decline in oil prices. The move takes effect for all voyages departing on or after Dec. 17 and apply to Carnival Cruise Lines, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn.

“As the price of oil has dropped to $46 per barrel, it has now reached a level where we are able to suspend the fuel supplement,” said Bill Harber, director of marketing for Carnival, in a release. Harber cautioned that the fuel supplement could be reinstated if oil prices increase significantly.

The fuel supplement is currently $9 per day per person with restrictions.

Carnival will refund the fuel supplement in the form of a shipboard credit for all bookings already paid for.

Last year, nearly 5 million people boarded cruise ships from one of five Florida ports – Jacksonville, Miami, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral and Tampa. Floridians made up nearly 2.3 million, or 25 percent, of all U.S. resident passengers.

Miami-based Carnival (NYSE: CCL) operates 88 ships totaling more than 169,000 lower berths with 17 new ships scheduled to enter service between March 2009 and June 2012.

http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/stories/2008/12/01/daily35.html

Did you pay early? If you are within final payment/penalty phase, you will get OBC. If it is before final payment, you will get the amount owed reduced. I guess we didn't know what would happen if you paid early. I guess we know now.

We paid $9 and got $63 refunded back to our CC...We paid final payment last week at the normal 90 days away from our sail date.......Dennis

We paid $9 and got $63 refunded back to our CC...We paid final payment last week at the normal 90 days away from our sail date.......Dennis

That's still before Carnival's final payment date is why you got a refund, not OBC. I think its 75 days for a 7 day and 60 days for a short cruise? TAs set a earlier final payment date so they can have time to process the payment, for instance my TA requires the payment 2 weeks before the cruiselines date, so it may be my TAs final payment date, but not Carnival's.

We just got ogg Holiday and we had a $20.00 credit we were not expecting. Everyone we talked to had it also.

Now that is nice! I think it makes for good PR to do something like that.

For those ridiculing another thread on the subject of fuel surcharges, I appreciate the OP for posting cuz last I heard is fuel had to be below $70/barrel for so many consecutive days within 5 days of sailing mumbo jumbo. Now it looks like I will be getting OBC and don't have to track the price of oil. Helps pay for the auto tips that I didn't prepay. Yippee.

we are booked for an April 09 cruise. I checked my reservation and it still shows the fuel supplement charge. does anyone know when or if I should expect a credit against my existing balance?

Did you book thru a TA, that might take longer. Carnival said they would get thru with the changes in about 3 weeks. Id assume they are doing the closest sailing dates first.

Did you book thru a TA, that might take longer. Carnival said they would get thru with the changes in about 3 weeks. Id assume they are doing the closest sailing dates first.
I thought they might be doing upcoming cruises before future cruises but I wanted to ask. Thanks for answering nicely, I was afraid to post this questions since SO many people are getting quite nasty about the fuel reimbursement questions! Have a great Holiday season!

And I paid $9.00 pp for 6 days, and am sailing on December 14th, and I'm not getting squat!:)

If you ARE getting something, be happy... Why all the complaining..?? CCL is giving you your money back! Why is it a big deal if its on your CC or OBC...:confused: It's more than I'm getting....;)

Doesn't matter when you actually made final payment they are doing it based on when you cruise.

we are booked for an April 09 cruise. I checked my reservation and it still shows the fuel supplement charge. does anyone know when or if I should expect a credit against my existing balance?

Carnival has said that it will take at least 3 weeks to get them all done and maybe as much as six. they are working from the closest bookings to the one furthest away.

Archived