"Business" cards for kids?

littleone9699

Hi there! We're getting ready to take our boys (9 & 12) on their first cruise in January - can't wait!!! I remember reading on one of the boards (but I can't find where!) that a parent made their kids 'business' type cards with their name, email address, etc. on to give to new friends. Here's my question - what information should I include on the card? My Dh isn't sure I should put our home address on it, but I say 'yes' - not every child has email!

Thanks for your input!

Littleone9699/Kathy

Wow. I just can't get on board with this idea. You have no idea who would end up with these cards; kids are notorious for losing things. IMO, I'd just have the kids give each other their email addresses (and I hope they have an account with a name that isn't their real one). You don't want their names and addresses floating around on a card.

Sad, but you really have to be careful.

If you go this route I would just put the name and e mail address. In the end, the kids will communicate with e mail and some with just instance messaging. They really won't use the address anyway.

I do think you need the name whether on a card or a slip of paper so that they remember who to associate the e mail with.

Keith

On the last night of the cruise, Camp Carnival and Circle C (your kids' groups) will have an "autography party." They give the kids a little booklet and they can have their friends sign their book w/their name, address, phone, email, etc.

You shouldn't need business cards. IMO, either my kids are going to lose their cards or the kids that they give them to are going to lose them.

I have to agree with the other posters. If you have access to the internet, you have access to anonymous email servers and can create a new email specifically to put on such a card for your child. You can monitor who sends them email and once you've confirmed that it's someone your child knows, you can choose to share more personal information then. Otherwise, my advice would be to give the information directly to the other child's parents.

On the last night of the cruise, Camp Carnival and Circle C (your kids' groups) will have an "autography party." They give the kids a little booklet and they can have their friends sign their book w/their name, address, phone, email, etc.

You shouldn't need business cards. IMO, either my kids are going to lose their cards or the kids that they give them to are going to lose them.

My kids got Camp Carnival Tee's handed out on their last cruise. They were white with a imprint on the front. Kids 'signed" the tee with laundry markers and wrote email (one gave his phone # since no email). It is great keepsake!

• 6 years later...

Resurrecting this thread from several years ago for ideas and input.

The kernel of the idea is fun, I think, but as commenters mentioned, you'd have to be careful about the kind of information you'd include and, of course, be selective about who the information is given to.