HELP ! What would YOU do ??????

Ykgorbie

Got a call from the upgrade fairy today regarding our Jan.8th cruise on the Miracle to the Southern Caribbean. Ourselves and another couple have side by side AFT balconies on the Main deck booked and we were offered a suite on the same deck for about $340.00 extra per couple/suite.

What would YOU do ???

Oh, also, noticed that our itinerary has changed - I imagine because of the Miracle's propulsion problems I have been reading about - now, instead of going to St. Lucia, we are going to Tortola. Comments ???

Iv heard some people try and negotiate with the offer. Offer them $200 or about half and see what they say and see if you can get them down?

Heck with two cabins, you might have some bargaining power. How does the other couple feel about giving up a aft balcony??

If you love aft balconys you might not want to give it up. Some love the wake view and wouldnt give it up even for more space.

I dont know that anyone here can make the decision for you, that's a hard to asking you to give up a aft balcony.

It is NOT an upgrade if you have to pay for it.

Keep your aft and tell them you will gladly take it at no extra cost.

Who knows...they may have a special customer who really wants your cabin...see what they offer...if they come back with nothing you still have your great side by side aft cabins.

:D

As a suite maven, I would tell you that the best balcony ain't even close to the worst suite...if you can afford it, I'd do it. However, you might lose your side by side companion, so ask first if both cabins will still be side by side....

Have a great time, suites are a wonderful thing, particularly the bath tubs and closets...I pay extra just so my sons can take baths and I have enough room for my clothes.

As a suite maven, I would tell you that the best balcony ain't even close to the worst suite..

..if you can afford it, I'd do it.

However, you might lose your side by side companion,

so ask first if both cabins will still be side by side.... ===> That's a bigger factor than any other, for me at least..

I recall a (Carnival?)thread about the plusses and minuses of Aft cabins

and was surprised at the amount of minuses that people popped up.

Minuses that made a lotta sense!

Like 'everyone', I'd always heard that Aft cabins were the bee's knees

but after reading that thread, I now have my doubts.

Maybe you should go with the suites, but only if they're alongside each other. :cool:

I've been to Tortola, about 4 years ago. It has very good snorkeling and some nice quiet beaches. There is a small straw, craft market near the pier. The shopping is within walking distance. Very quaint and friendly.

IMO take the suite!!

I've been to Tortola, about 4 years ago. It has very good snorkeling and some nice quiet beaches. There is a small straw, craft market near the pier. The shopping is within walking distance. Very quaint and friendly.

IMO take the suite!!

You'll like Tortola. Like the rest of the Caribbean, it is gorgeous there!

As for the upgrade, I ditto what others said, it's only an upgrade [fairy] if it's free. I could get a lot of DODs and rum cakes for $340!!! But, weigh your pros and cons and go with your gut. You after all, are the one who has to live with the choice, not us.

Thanks everyone for your input. We (and the other couple we are travelling with) have opted to stay where we are, in our side-by-side Aft balcony cabins. One of the reasons being, the aft balconies are 60 sq.ft (and once opened up we will have 120 sq.ft) whereas the suite balconies are only 45 sq ft each and are not side-by-side - they are across the hall from each other.

I think you will be happy with your decision. We have had 3 aft balconys and love them. I have been in a suite before, and they are nice, but the balcony is not much bigger than a regular balcony. We mainly book the room for the balcony, so an aft is best for us. 2 years ago we had 3 aft balconys in a row. It was wonderful. Felt like we had the back of the ship all to ourself.

Plus, it is really nice to be right next to the person you are traveling with. That way if some want to go to bed, the rest can just sit out on the balcony and visit.

Have fun.

Archived