cruises around England, Scotland, Ireland

june1

Sorry, I didn't mean to lump it all in a category like that. Maybe, I should have stated that I was concerned about Costa having less Americanized food than a Princess, NCL, RCCL or Carnival cruise ship.

My DH and I have taken land-based vacations (without children) to Mexico, Jamaica, Bermuda, Australia and New Zealand, and their food tastes different than what we are accustomed to at home. We can adjust, and always find something to our liking, and we understand that ingredients, seasoning and methods of cooking vary from country to country, just like it might from region to region in the U.S. However, our three children aren't quite as flexible, and I'm not sure that I would want to spend thousands of dollars and then worry about whether or not they will find anything that they might like to eat. I know it may sound silly to some, but sometimes a mom would kill to find a plate of chicken fingers and fries or a slice of cheese pizza for their child.

Costa is an Italian themed line. You will not miss out on Pizza. It may not be as good as in Napoli, but none the less it will be pizza.

Don't forget that Pizza is NOT an American food. Far from it.

WD

Costa is an Italian themed line. You will not miss out on Pizza. It may not be as good as in Napoli, but none the less it will be pizza.

Don't forget that Pizza is NOT an American food. Far from it.

WD

And the fries will be of the French variety! :D

pizzalady1 Sorry it is not Celebrity but Vision of the Seas, leaving June 6th. I always check both RC and Celebrity. Have been waiting for either to do British Isles for years. The key for us is the August date, since that is when they do the tattoo!!:D:D

• 5 months later...
Please recommend of the best valued cruise around British Island at the end of August 2012.

Thanks Ury

I can only find P&O Adonia for the month of August which starts in Southampton on 7th August for 10 days.

However the following cruise ships are in Liverpool in August and September so maybe you could look into if they are part of round the UK cruises.

3 August 2012 - Queen Elizabeth - Cunard

8 August 2012 - Astor - TBC

9 August 2012 - Carribbean Princess - Princess

10 August 2012 - Adonia - P&O

17 August 2012 - Prinsendam - Holland America

20 August 2012 - Aida Cara - Aida

14 September 2012 - Albatross - Phoenix Reisen

Check out the Azamara Journey sailing for 28-July-2012 12 days. Starts in Edinburgh and does overnights in Dublin and sails the Seine to Overnight in Rouen too. US passengers have some sweet deals on cabins now. check the roll call section for it.

Check out the Azamara Journey sailing for 28-July-2012 12 days. Starts in Edinburgh and does overnights in Dublin and sails the Seine to Overnight in Rouen too. US passengers have some sweet deals on cabins now. check the roll call section for it.

Almost booked this one. Great itinerary, especially with Rouen being so close to Paris. We opted for Princess. Awhile back Azamara considered canceling this itinerary and using the ship as a a charter for Olympics hotel use. We decided to do 3 nights in Paris per-cruise and the one in London in early July and to also avoid conflicts with Olympics. But we will eventually like to try Azamara.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the Ocean for the 8 day Ireland & Scotland Interlude Aug 17, 2012 - Dover, Guernsey - Channel Island, Waterford -Ireland, Dublin -Ireland, Glasgow - Scotland, at sea, Edinburgh -overnight - Scotland, Dover,With only 1 sea day, we will be very busy. This cruise is leaving out of Dover which is a small dock (use to be a train station) so it is easy to embark and disembark.

Hi. My girlfriend and I are booked on this cruise also. We are doing a BtoB with the Aug 10 Norway Fjords tour. Any hints on the Norway tour you could give would be appreciated.I can't find a roll call for these cruises. Also do you know if there will be an excursion to the Edinburgh Military tattoo?

Thanks,

Fran

Be sure to go to the Military Tattoo as it was the highlight of our British Isles cruise in 2010.

Guernsey is a lovely island. We took the bus around on our own and visited the German Museum and the adorable little chapel. I would recommend all.

We had been to Dublin but several enjoyed the hop on hop off bus.

We took a land tour to Scandinavia and loved the Flam railway.

Archived