Any cheaper hotels near Port of miami??

Someone on my cruise was looking for a place to park for the week that was the cheapest and stayed here.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there twice and will always stay there when sailing from Miami. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested. I paid $219.72 total for 2 nights in a September.

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...questid=810278

Here is a site showing you the Marketplace and what it has to offer.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

Someone on my cruise was looking for a place to park for the week that was the cheapest and stayed here.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there twice and will always stay there when sailing from Miami. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested. I paid $219.72 total for 2 nights in a September.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

They barely have enough parking for guests, not to mention extras while on a cruise.

Tim

They barely have enough parking for guests, not to mention extras while on a cruise.

Tim

Alexis: Hi, Try this one,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bayside marketplace.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com

I posted to them to "Try this one".

To me it is worth a phone call.

Don't forget they are also looking for a cheaper hotel, not just a parking lot. ;)

I posted to them to "Try this one".

To me it is worth a phone call.

Don't forget they are also looking for a cheaper hotel, not just a parking lot. ;)

The original post seems to indicate that they are looking for BOTH - a cheaper hotel which will allow them to park their car at a rate lower than what they would pay at the pier. If that is the case I don't believe that the HI at Bayside qualifies nor do any of the hotels in the downtown Miami district. Their best bet is likely to look for a hotel out by the airport that offers both low rates and free or inexpensive parking. We have gotten bargain rates for downtown Miami hotels through Priceline but none of them included parking at anything less than exorbitant rates.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Unless you are traveling in the "off" season, Miami, will never be "cheap"...it's a "hot-spot" destination---not just for cruisers, but for everyone looking for warmer weather. You have to pay for location!

Very true. Having lived down there, I saw prices double during the winter.

Folks quoting prices in the hot summer or even Sept, double that for season and you will usually come close on hotel rates. Maybe since the downturn of the economy prices have improved???

Im glad I will be there late Oct the next time.

As far as finding a hotel where parking is cheaper than the $20 per day at the port of Miami .... that shouldnt be too hard!!! yikes.

Looking for a cheaper hotel near the port of miami that doesn't charge to park all week while on a cruise, or parks cheaper than dock charges?

Try going to Park and Fly http://www.stay123.com ( also has shuttle to cruise port) La Quinta, Comfort Inns and Suites, Hyett Place, Red Roof Inns all allow you to park for the week. Another site is Miami Internationl Airport hotels with Parking http://www.buyreservations.com. Have used them before in Ft Lauderdale before a cruise. The pricing will depend on what time of year you need lodging. It works out to be cheaper than paying to park at the pier at $20 per day. I just booked Comfort Suites Miami Airport Thru buy reservations and got a pretty decent price for the night before and the night after.

Archived