Silver Spirit maiden

CASHIPman

Jgibbs..our T/A believes the jogging rack will be on deck 10 (she is sure the Spirit will

have one)...we believe her as we just booked the maiden TA and would canx if there

was no jogging track..r/wes

Jgibbs..our T/A believes the jogging rack will be on deck 10 (she is sure the Spirit will

have one)...we believe her as we just booked the maiden TA and would canx if there

was no jogging track..r/wes

A close inspection of the ship's profile on the deck plans pages shows what looks to be a jogging/walking track on deck 10 around the stern to just forward of the pool (below on deck 9) - just like the layout on the Shadow/Whisper.

Wripro..just figured out the SS APB bonus payment system...so when I make final

payment for Spirit TA, Jan 2010 by Mar 31...cost came down to $299 per diem vs

$389..what a sweet TA deal on a lux line maiden TA voyage..r/wes

ColonelWes,

That is an amazing deal. I'd grab it in a minute if I weren't doing 53 days of Seabourn Odyssey's maiden world cruise around the same time. The one thing I notice looking at the itineraries for 2010 is an abundance of 7 day cruises. I assume they're going for a younger demographic, still that's way too short for me especially if I have to fly so far.

Booked the maiden t/a! We toyed with the Barcelona-Lisbon trip but not enough sea days and we didn't want to be away for the holidays. Excellent rates! Our per diem for a verandah works out to be a shade under USD270.00.

ColonelWes,

The one thing I notice looking at the itineraries for 2010 is an abundance of 7 day cruises. I assume they're going for a younger demographic, ...

There were two words that frightened me on the description (under "Daytime") of the Silver Spirit which may tie into Wripro's comment:

Children's Programme :eek: (just kidding...I think)

It will be interesting to see if the shorter voyages and "Children's Programmes" will attract the younger set.

Craig, great deal too...after our TA discount our veranda is $284 per diem....shoot

drinks are on me at the Sailaway Craig, Jackie...r/wes

ps..from batcher's post earlier am still trying (via TA and SS) to locate the jogging track

on the Spirit..SS homepage now has robust Spirit info but no description/pic of JT..we think it is on deck 10.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17601278#post17601278

You receive personal invitation(s) in your stateroom. There is no way of knowing in advance what you will get. Personally I've received invitations for the behind the scenes tour in the Celebrity Theater, the Bridge Tour, the galley tour and as of very recently the new engine room tour (they apparantly stopped doing this after 9/11 but just reinstated it).

-----------------

Pasted from the above thread in the Celebrity column

Will Silversea consider engine room tours? If Celebrity can do it, Silversea, with much fewer passengers surely should be able to. That will be really interesting!

Count me in! To ColonelWes , CASHIPman, and any others aboard, my wife and I have just also booked the maiden transAtlantic of the Spirit, Jan 3, 2010; also, the subsequent Ft. Lauderdale to Barbados. We always like back-to-backs. We should really find a way to meet! We really are wondering if we will like the larger ship. We decided to do a silver suite for the TA and a midship veranda for the Ft. Lauderdale to Barbados to really check out the accomodations. We will stay on the ship in a midship veranda for the two day hiatus in Ft. Lauderdale when they are showing off the ship (that gives you the back-to back savings.) For your interest, we ended up with a per diem of $371 for the Silver, also for the entire cruise, which seemed pretty good.

Another item of note: I was informed today by Silversea that they had just been told that the bathrooms on the Veranda class suites will NOT have a separate shower and tub, but rather a shower over tub. This contradicts what the web site says. So where are they using the extra space?

Meow, I will be sure to have a tape measure to document the sizes!

Well Seasoned welcome on board the Spirit Maiden TA...considering the b2b u got a great deal on you total per diem..wish I could get my bride to take the time (she still works, even after retiring in 2000) (I have the time as I retired 1 Jan)...yes, let's agree on a meeting place on 3 Jan sailaway...maybe deck 10 as we look at Lisbon recede in the distance?..thanks for the update on the bathroom. We have already confirmed our hotel in Lisbon for 2 Jan and made arrangments for early embarkation...now we just have

360 days to go...WS, have u looked at the Spirit images on the ss homepage..the Spirit is a gorgeous ship!! r/wes

Another item of note: I was informed today by Silversea that they had just been told that the bathrooms on the Veranda class suites will NOT have a separate shower and tub, but rather a shower over tub. This contradicts what the web site says. So where are they using the extra space?

Meow, I will be sure to have a tape measure to document the sizes!

Thank you so much for your offer to tape measure the cabin and post for the benefit of all of us.

IF the new Spirit actually revert to single sink and single-combo tub-shower, it will definitely be a step downwards. To make things worse, by 2010, Oceania's new ship is supposed to have 300+ sq.ft. regular (majority) balconied cabins with separate tub and shower. Besides, from the pictures on the Silversea website, the furnishings in the Spirit will regress from the much more elegant (and expensive to build) curves to the straight "capentry" on Oceania ships (which are "plain functional").

So, IF that is the case, other than Oceania's newbuilds carrying double the number of passengers, and the included tips and drinks on Silversea, the two lines will be exchanging positions as far as the cabins are concerned. Going from Yran & Storbraaten to some Italian architect will then be a bad move. We should wait for you folks who will be on the inaugural to post your reports to tell us what the actual situation will be! How can the Silversea website publish the separate tub and shower IF this is going to be untrue?

Hi All,

I just asked my TA a quotation for a midship veranda suite and now I just read that they don't have the separate shower anymore. As my dear husband is in a wheelchair (can walk a bit) he will not be pleased to get in and out of a bathtub. We loved the separated shower on the Whisper and never used the bath. Does anyone know how the handicap suites are decorated and if the furniture will be the same as the normal veranda. They will have a shower only I suppose and by looking at deckplan you can see that the shape is different (less long and wider). Maybe some of you can answer my question because you might have seen a handicap suite on one of the other ships. I will contact my TA and ask a quotation for a handicap suite just to be sure. Do the silver suites have a separate shower on the Spirit?

Thanks very much

Maria

Good news! There will be a separate shower stall..pls read note I rcvd from Silversea

home office this morning...suggest when anyone has a question on the hardware or

software of the Spirit..simply send an email to address below...have found they answer my email ? with eight hours...very timely...

-------------- Original message --------------

Thank you for your e-mail!

On the Silver Spirit the Veranda will have a marbled bathroom with vanity (one sink) full sized bath tub with shower and then there will be a separate stall shower as well.

Best Regards

Information Desk at Silversea

<Informationdesk@silverseacruises.com>

Had the same quick answer from Silversea (within 6 hours) that there will be a separate shower in all suites. The handicap suites will have a shower and no bathtub and will be the same (furniture etc.) as the veranda suites. Have an option on a veranda suite on deck 5 midships. Looking forward to our first TA.:D

Regards

Maria

Archived